don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Oh wow, looks like they didn't even attempt to make it widescreen...or give it a consistent logo for that matter.

Also:
    Rare didn't make the Banjo-Tooie port. It was done by 4J Studios, much like how Backbone ports Sonic Team games, and I'll give them credit for at least making it look better, even if the increased framerate screwed up the opening movie and they didn't rewrite Jamjars' dialogue to fit the buttons on the 360. Thankfully, at least Perfect Dark XBLA will have Online play.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

Oh WOW. Never mind. Don't care too much if this will be released on PS3. it would be nice for the whole "WOOH I HAVE SONIC ADVENTURE DX ON MY PS3!" bragging rights, which aren't really bragging rights, but eh. I want Needlemouse more, and no one even knows what it actually is! I was only interested because I thought it might actually have enhancements or maybe it was the Dreamcast version. Hopefully that leaked Sony Sega document actually has some truth in it, and instead of getting this pointless port on PS3 (which probably won't come anyway) we will get Dreamcast classics, with Sonic Adventure as its launch title. THAT I would buy. Until this port actually has something promising, then who cares? For all we know, the extend package could be the mission mode or mini games. As in, you'd have to pay extra for content already on the other versions of Sonic Adventure DX. It would be their way to artificially make the game have a price that is closer to that of the PC and gamecube versions. Ah well.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Tch, well so much for that. I'll take the PC version and it's Super Sonic in levels thanks to hacking.

4. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    That, and better performance. My $175 Radeon HD 5770 kicks the 360's GPU's ass any day, not to mention the RSX. I have a PS3 controller driver.

Why the fuck did I want a PS3 version, again?

5. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Uh guys, this is still on PartnerNet. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie XBLA were broken messes when they were up on PartnerNet as well (and then were patched later on). So basically it's still a prototype version of the port, which will change over time.

Now when the game is finally released and it still has the slowdowns, then you can bitch. But to be honest, I'm expecting disappointment too. :(

I wouldn't bash this outright yet, though. Wait till it's released.

6. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    But they were broken messes that were visibly different from the N64 versions.

This is the PC version with a tacky border, and seems fairly finished.

7. Don't believe those screenshots, they're so easily faked. And the whole running at 30 fps with framerate issues I find hard to believe.

I'm still buyin' it.

8. Neoblast

Neoblast

Hey more images on neogaf have been posted, by the way...
    the leakers say that it suffers fps slowdowns... ( lol what a cheap lazy port they made... ) and also judging by the images it is 640x480, not widescreen ( 4:3 only ) AND with borders filling the rest of the screen...
    I still wonder what that extended package is...

9. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    When images like this are posted on GAF, they typically aren't fakes. GAF does not exactly have a dedicated stable of hoaxers. :P Plus, posting hoaxed content with the assertion that it is the "real deal" is a ban-worthy offense, I believe.

10. Huh. I would've at least expected them to enable widescreen. Such a shame.

I know I'm a bit late on this, but... what about the Sonic series itself? It might be changing now (with Unleashed and now Needlemouse), but if you were a Sonic fan in the former part of the decade, you could play nearly every game in the series in some form via the GameCube (both SA ports, SH & Shadow, Mega & Gems collection), not to mention Advance/Rush still holding the handhelds up. I know a big part of my continued ownership of Nintendo products is due to knowing Sonic games will continue to be released for it, though, as I said, that may change in the future.

11. So your argument is that if it's on NeoGAF it must be true?

BRB, signing up.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Have fun waiting half a year until you can use your account!

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Allright that explains the pics. but what about the infomation? I think its the infomation about the framerate and widescreen thats bothering people the most.

I'll wait for video to see if the infomation is accurate if they can take pics. they can sure as hell take video.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    SA1 and 2 were ports from older Dreamcast games. Heroes and Shadow were on PS2 and Xbox as well. Gems Collection was on PS2 (in PAL territory, at least). Mega Collection got a + release on Xbox and PS2.

Of that entire list, the only valid games are SAdv1-3 and Rush / Rush Adventure - GBA was a monopoly for the first 3 (Nintendo's handhelds have somewhat been an exception for the silly idea rule), but there have also been 2 NON-Nintendo Sonic titles in Rivals and Rivals 2. Though there are third party games of interest on Nintendo systems, they're rarely exclusive to the console, and I'll repeat what I said above - buying Nintendo consoles for non-Nintendo games has been a silly idea for a decade and a half. =P You buy Nintendo consoles if you're interested in Nintendo games. Anything else is just bonuses.

15. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    You have to understand that GAF became the staple it is today because a lot of game industry people post there. Writers like Dan Shoe (EGM, 1up, Bitmob), Jeff Gerstmann (Gamespot, GiantBomb), Shawn Elliot (GFW Magazine, 2K Boston) all have accounts there, as do a number of developers - Dennis Dyack (Eternal Darkness, Too Human), David Jaffe (Twisted Metal, God of War), Victor Ireland (Working Designs Translations) so on and so forth. Industry analysts also have accounts there - Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan Securities has been known to post when GAF posters challenge his ridiculous predictions.

There is a very high percentage of NeoGAF posters who have access to PartnerNet. PartnerNet, if you don't know, is a special non-public version of Xbox Live where writers and analysts can grab downloadable material months in advance for preview and review purposes. There is a considerable amount of content that goes up on PartnerNet that actually never sees the light of day - the Xbox Live Arcade version of Goldeneye, for instance, was available on PartnerNet before Nintendo pulled the plug. That's why we have screenshots and video of it. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was confirmed for XBLA months before Capcom announced it because images of its existence on PartnerNet cropped up on NeoGAF.

So yes, I am suggesting that "because it's on NeoGAF, it's true." - at least in this specific case, because there is precedent.

Consider yourself now "in the loop".

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    There's also the fact that Nintendo doesn't charge you out the ass for versions of the consoles with more features (although I may be wrong on the DSi part), whereas Microsoft gives you a 360 with absolutely no hard drive for the same price as Nintendo asks for the Wii, which has some form of internal storage, however small.

EDIT: Quoting Overlord's post due to ninjas

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Uh.... the Wii costs about £20 or £30 more than the Arcade 360. Just saying.

EDIT: And that 360 comes with 256MB of internal storage, same as Wii has.

18. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Correction: The Wii NOW costs X more than the shitty Arcade 360, which initially retailed for what, 400CAD at least?. It took years for that to happen.

19. Neoblast

Neoblast

The Wii has 512MB of internal storage...

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The reason why nearly everything posted is NOT a fake is because you currently wait a long long time to get access to posting, and if you cock up anywhere on a valid reason you can say good bye to posting there ever again, they do a lot of checks for alt acounts and all that.

To be fair without such strict rules neoGAF would not be as it is. They have to enforce it to keep the forum clean.

Plus of course it's a very popular forum with devs and workers posting there, lot's of bungie employees, turn10 devs etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.