don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Reading the title of the thread, I became excited. But now this is just a bummer. I'm just hoping this is just in an early stage of development.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Someone posted this on the Assembler forums, not sure if these are the real achievements or not:

Also, so is this DX or not? The game select/download screen has the regular SA logos, while the title screen says DX. So I guess DX?

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It's DX, PC version to be exact.

4. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Become friend with *insert character name here*?
    Does it mean unlock it, or am I missing something?

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Man, those Achievements actually look quite simple.

Most likely. Not sure of anything else it could mean.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Not too bad, collecting emblems for an achievement was one I was expecting, the slowest one imo is beating all characters, will be a snooze.

This is MUCH better then collecting 100 rings, scoring over 50k points, finding the first emerald etc.

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Agreed, you actually have to replay the levels for these, and do Chao things.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yes, the Chao requirement for achievement whores could be interesting.

That said, how did the Chao mini-games work on PC to help train the things? I'm pretty sure there was nothing like mini-chao garden on GBA or Chao Adventure. Is the only way to buy some of the more expensive fruit in the Black Market?

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Giving it animals raises its stats too.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Yes. The "Chao Adventure" thing is only used to name the Chao and say goodbye.

As for this whole thing, I really don't care. I don't have an Xbox 360, and I don't plan on having one.

11. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Well, this is great news, but........ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP REHASHING GAMES SEGA!

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Wait, what? I have DX on my Wii. Thank fucking you.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If you guys keep buying, they'll keep rehashing. It's easy money and costs them almost nothing to do.

14. Why is everyone against rereleasing games for new generations to enjoy it? If you already have Sonic Adventure in any of it's iterations, Sega's not really aiming at selling this game to you.

Sonic 1's been ported to every device under the sun, and you always complain about it. I enjoy the game. I like being able to pull my iPod out and play it on the bus. I like not having to hook my Genesis up, and rather play a very beautifully pixelated Sonic 1 on my 1080p monitor.

Quit whining about ports, and just accept that it's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. Unless it's a bad port. But if you were complaining about it being ported in the first place, then you should probably stick to that feeling.

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Sonic Genesis would like a quiet word with you.

16. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    :v:

17. Nova

Nova

I have to say that I agree with Trunks.
    You don't have to re-purchase it. It's not even aimed at you. If you buy it again, you're the sucker who's out-of-pocket.

18. @ Overlord, the main point was that you could get all of those console games if you stuck to the Gamecube. It's a lot more convenient, in my mind, to have that one purple/indigo box that can play virtually every Sonic game from SA1 through Riders than it is to have a Dreamcast and also a PS2 or Xbox. Just because there wasn't anything exclusive on the Nintendo systems doesn't mean it wasn't the best way to get the most Sonic games up until about 2006 or so.

Now, to be fair, unlike a lot of you, I didn't come to the franchise until SA2B, so you probably already had a Dreamcast and the previous games on the Genesis/MegaDrive. But for the fan that was just introduced that decade (and there were a lot), the Gamecube was the most convenient choice. To play either of the two Adventure titles, you would need either a Gamecube (which could play several other Sonic titles) or a Dreamcast (which couldn't).

See? Oh, and I shouldn't have to point out to you of all people why the GCN version would be better than the 360 one in this case. Especially since the Wii enables backward compatibility all the time, unlike the recent models of the PS3, and runs them as originally designed, unlike some (apparently) buggy versions of the 360.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. You're right in saying that a big part of buying Nintendo systems is Nintendo software, but I don't think it's the "only" reason, and I don't think that not having to purchase a Dreamcast and always having backward compatibility are "just bonuses".

19. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but even though it's a port, what are the odds of new voice overs instead of using the old ones with Drummond, Pollock and the like?

20. Given that they have inconsistent title logos for this thing, I think it's unlikely they'll rerecord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.