don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Link (Slowtaku)

original dutch article from "SEGAONLINE":

Google trans.:

[​IMG]

Well?...

EDIT: Its out.

2. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Extend Package?

I can't help but wonder what that is.

3. Wait a sec, I can get a dutch guy to translate it later ;)

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Probably SADX's Mission Mode or something.

Still pretty cool though, I'll play Sonic Adventure: Achievement Edition.

5. Graxer

Graxer

I hope this is what it seems. I would love SA DC on my 360. What would be great though is if they also ported SA2, that never gets enough love!

I wonder if this is emulation or a port. (Which could mean we can get wide screen)

EDIT: The game add-on could simply be the Dreamcast "DLC". They would need to implement an options screen for turning it on and off though as you wouldnt want them all the time and I don't even know if it is possible to have more than one Station Square theme at once.

Anyway... I'm not sure if it's worth paying extra for that DLC.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think google did a pretty good job its not like what babbelfish translated it into.

7. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    ...yet it is still a machine translation, and is thus subject to a degree of inaccuracy.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I wouldn't put it past them to have hired Backbone to port it, and they'll probably look into widescreen. Not saying it's a bad idea or anything, as the Genesis->XBLA ports were done pretty well, aside from (kind of) taking out the original title and option screens. I just don't want them to try and create any 'HD filters" to make the game look a decade and some change younger.

I just realized I'd actually get to use a widescreen mode, my roommate and I are getting an HDTV on Friday from his step-dad's grandson who failed out of school.

I'm also looking forward to playing this game with an XBOX 360 controller. It's got to be one of my favorite controllers since gaming days of old, and it shits all over the GameCube controller. I wish I could use it for everything. I'd get a PS3 for sure if I could use my XBOX 360 controller to play Ratchet & Clank or LBP. At the moment I'm on the fence about getting one with my tax return.

9. Previously Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram was ported to XBLA. I HIGHLY reccomend it, Sega Ners. It's the definitive version yet.
    Soul Calibur's also up on XBLA although it's possible it's based more off the arcade version than the DC one (have not checked).
    I don't know if this has the same folks behind it or anything like that, but even if it's just "Sonic Adventure DX with HD Visuals and Achievement mode", it'll be nice to see.

I think Microsoft's trying to aim to get all of the DC's "killer apps". Someone petition Capcom for HD Power Stone 1 and 2, yo!

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    As long as it was an acceptable port, I'd buy it.

11. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Yes! This is fantastic news. Sonic Adventure 2 next, hopefully :)

12. Energy

Energy

That could be great news. Please whoever is doing this don't screw it up. I'm not gonna hold my breath until some previews/reviews with positive comments in them! lol

13. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    If me and my friends can swap Chao on line, this will be the bee's knees.

14. Granville

Granville

US
    They'll probably emulate it. A dreamcast can be emulated with no hassle even on an old Pentium 4 with a weak GPU. I managed to get SA1 working pretty much perfectly using only an integrated graphics card. The 360 is a multicore system and very powerful, should have no issues doing an emulation.

15. I'll buy it if it comes out.

What? You all would too.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I thought we'd already found evidence SA1 was coming to XBLA anyway?

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Didn't Sega Online also leak Sonic & Knuckles XBLA?
    Anyway, this sounds awesome. The Extend Package also sounds interesting.

18. Warez Groups Inc proudly presents another re.......whatever fuck it.

Halfway last year a rumour went about a possible return of the DC classic Sonic Adv. The Australian OFLC (PEGI kinda thing) had decided that Sonic Adv DX would be a multiplatform title. but with proud thanks to an anonymous source we announce at SegaOnline that Sonic Adv indeed is gonna be rereleased. but for the xbox360, as an xbox live arcade download! an exact releasedate is not yet known but it will come for sure somewhere in 2010.

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure DX? It has no DX on the tile, but it has Sonic's DX model... I'd prefer the former to the latter, but it's not really important at the end of the day, as long as we have it.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Bearing in mind it's likely a port from the latest source (bearinig in mind the PC version was ported from the GC one, which in turn was ported from the Dreamcast), it'll be a port of the PC SA:DX. Whether or not the title itself is kept is anyone's guess, but it'll be from that version, I'll tell you for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.