don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    60fps plz.

2. They could, but I doubt they will. I agree with what some people have said: This will be a straight emulation, nothing more. I highly doubt they will add new content to it.

I like the prospect of having SA on my 360 (Hopefully it will end up being the original, because DX suffered slowdown something awful), but I'm not holding my breath for anything new.

3. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Gamecube sucks, or your PC does.

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I have played the GC-port a number of times and it never had ANY noticable slowdown on me. :psyduck:

5. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah, but that's the thing, noticeable slowdown. I played the GCN version for years and it never bothered me. Then a few years ago I got the PC version. Recently I tried out DX on the 2003 Gamecube demo disc, and the difference was huge.

6. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    extended?... HD support maybe...?

I only had the chance to play the PC version ... I would like to see a screenshot or video in-game before considering either buying or not ...

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Emulating it would be more work than porting it, really. They already have a DirectX PC port, putting that on the 360 would be less work than getting a Dreamcast/Gamecube emulator working. I'll buy it if they fix the bug at the end of Sky Deck where the floor tries to devour Sonic when the floor flips.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    How big is SA1DC pc? because of the 2gig limit on live I wonder if the extended is a way to get around the size limit, sticking the cube extras into that or something. Most probably not.

All I hope for is a steady and solid running sa1 with a good selection of achievements like all emblems and acts cleared etc. the sonic 1-3 xbla games had achievements you could earn in like 1 sitting :/

9. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

1,349,712,557 bytes for SADX PC.

10. I doubt it's straight emulation. They'd have to make some modifications, or otherwise it'd go crazy when there were any VMUs mentioned.

Hurp.

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm really interested in what that extended package might be. I'll probably get this, just to give me a reason to replay that game.

12. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Maybe some post-Adventure characters? Maybe Shadow, Cream, and Rouge as alternate skins for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Possibly even an unlocked Super Sonic IN levels after clearing the last story.

I doubt all of that though...

13. Neoblast

Neoblast

Expect the mission mode and/or DX graphics plus the sonic adv 2 GC chao system.

14. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The demo disc played noticeably worse than the final, it's not a reasonable comparison. They hadn't even added the free camera option by that point. I'm not denying that the GC version had framerate issues at times, but the final was a noticeable improvement that several people pointed out years ago. I don't think it's worth doing, but I could capture a comparison if there's any good reason for doing so.

15. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    I've still got my SADX Gamecube disc with me, but I haven't played it in a long, long, while. If they work on the frame rate and glitches, I might see about it, otherwise I'll just stick with playing from my Wii.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fuck! can't anything I post stay up? ill fix in a bit but at least the original artcle's text and pic are still on the first post.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I can almost garuntee this is going to be based off the pc's source. As soon as file keys are found making new levels for this should be piss easy. I'm just hoping they make good use of DLC to add replay value with stuff like SA2 levels, new characters, etc.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Hey, great, you guys enjoy it while I'm stuck with the consoles no-one wants to develop games for (Wii, DS Lite, PSP)

Seriously, most of this stuff that comes out, pertaining to Sonic, they either come out on PS3/360 alone, or they bring it to Wii, but keep the good stuff to the PS3/360. Heck, since Sonic Chronicles and the Sonic Rivals series, I don't recall ANYTHING Sonic brought to DS or PSP (Mario & Sonic doesn't count, as Mario's there too)

Seriously, SEGA, quit taunting me like this :argh:

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I was very tempted at buying a Wii for Madworld. I'm still tempted.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To be honest, though, buying Nintendo consoles for non-Nintendo games has been a silly idea for a decade and a half. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.