don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    It's probably an odd address error. Find the starfish thing's art in the disassembly and smash an "even" on a line before it. I could probably be wrong... it's been years.

2. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I believe the "even" would go after the include. =P

3. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

Damn thing Freezes when a chao decides to fly. Their's a water pool to the right of the shot, I've never been able to get anywhere near it since I implemented the Chao. Grr.

This shot's probably the first time I've managed to pick up an egg before it freezes too.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Cor, a chao garden ingame? That's awesome. Have a look at your code, at any index-related jumps and check to see if you've messed up the index name or something, or if there's an infinite loop possibility. It's the little things that mess up on newly coded objects, usually.

5. Clip their wings. </NotHelpful>

Does look pretty slick, though.

6. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    o.o Get it working and I would play that hack for hours on end, just because of the Chao. It's the same reason I was hooked on SA1 and SA2B back in the day, I spent forever raising the little guys.

7. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I'm still working ton the chao flight issue, but making headway as we speak. I'm not sure how im going to handle raising the chao. Right now it works like the chao garden in SA3 except you can interact with the chao..

Now I need to figure out why it crashes when I try to enter as Tiara and Honey.. Grr.

8. Titan

Titan

UK
    Tiara and Honey are playable? Sweet, this hack is sounding awesome :-D
    Any chance of pics of them, or are you keeping them under wraps for now? :-P

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Alright I continued working on my Sonic Chaos (SMS) hack, for now I've only edited a few palettes and messed with the HUD layout a bit. Here's what I've got so far:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might use THZ's gray background in MGHZ, I dunno. I thought the original puke green in MGHZ was ugly as sin so I went with this darker shade. And finally the HUD. I've just changed the layout back to what it is in the first 2 games. I think the original HUD layout looks too cluttered. :\ Also I've changed all the monitors back, though I plan on keeping the character swap one. I just need to make a proper Icon for it. :v:

10. Raivop

Raivop

Ze Lurker Member
    Nice pics, but I don't like THZ zone background colour. It looks kind of dull and lifeless.

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Working on Marble Zone. We all know it contains ruins right?
    I'm trying to imagine what it would've been like when it was all brand new.
    Here's what I have so far:
    [​IMG]

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I hope those bricks are placeholders, Psy :(

(Oh, but the rest looks rather nice~)

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Cannot unsee. :(

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The bricks were likely not that shiny, Psy. If you're trying to get a "smooth" look to them though, I'd look at Labyrinth Zone's bricks for inspiration.

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I actually might recommend Tidal Tempest Present; it has that marble-y texture to its bricks that you'd probably expect from a stage called "Marble Zone".

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It kinda looks like marble. But it looks more like an aquatic pattern to me.

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I think the issue is that the rocks look like a stack of soft pillows, although I like the texture, it doesn't exactly fit a ruins now does it? =P

I approve of the new (less cloudy) sky though! It's certainly an improvement from the original odd looking version ugh.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

[​IMG]

The Sonic Chaos hacks interest me. Could it be possible to insert all the Game Gear edits into the MS version (eg. music, less ugly title screen)?

19. Titan

Titan

UK
    Nice work as always E-122 :)

20. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    [​IMG]
    :v: