don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Right, so I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to show what we're currently working on in our hacks and other various projects we're working on. Feel free to post any sort of updates to whatever project you're working on if you don't have a specific thread for it already. This way, you can get feedback and suggestions without having to worry about what you're working on. :thumbsup:

Here's something I can show for the moment:

[​IMG]

Well, nuff said, I think. ;)

We had one of these at the old Sonic Retro forums, and it was pretty awesome! If you've got anything to show, please do so—we'd love to see it! :)

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I'll go next, I guess. Those who have seen S1EE's wiki entry will already know of one of these..

[​IMG]
    Something I wanted to do for ages, replace the World Entrance art with this. Yes, I had this idea before I knew Hez was doing it. :P

[​IMG]
    People already know about Tails in there, but he needs to be unlocked. :P Have an unlocked screen.

Edit: Whoops, posted about the first in the S1EE topic ages ago and forgot. Ah well..

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm working on a hack but I don't feel like I have enough done to make a topic about it just yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Same pictures different resolutions.

EDIT: Title screen fixed... finally.

5. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a MGHZ type of level. I'm thinking of starting over on it, however.

[​IMG]
    Here's "Chaos Crystal Zone," since this screenshot the palettes have been updated however.

6. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    I'm no good at level art or awesome shit like that, but just for kicks here's an S3-style Sonic charging the peel-out in a new CPZ level layout.

[​IMG]

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Focusing on these two zones at the moment.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Ignore the garbled mess in the HUD and the stars are just fillers...
    [​IMG]
    Lately I've been working on some more important stuff, so this is actually a few months old. =P

9. Mach Sonic

Mach Sonic

Founder of Sonic Nutshell Oldbie
    North Carolina
    M.U.G.E.N.
    Some dicking around that Tweaker asked me to do in Marble Zone. Note: Act 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I like how you can tell the difference between experienced hackers and newbies by just looking at the images' size and format.

Cool people use 320x224 or 320x240, with no filter applied, and outputs to PNG.
    Other people use any random size, usually 640x448 (or 640x480), but I've seen also deformed stuff like the 493x396 right above my post; and, worst of it all, newbies use JPEG.

Protip for the newcomers: try to look cooler by using the settings described above. It's hard to take you seriously if you're not even able to get proper screenshots. A better presentation is still useful sometimes :thumbsup:

Of course this doesn't apply to SonED screenshots, as they *have* to be larger. Just avoid JPEG anyway.

11. Ocrilio

Ocrilio

King of unspellable screennames 15 years running. Member
    Sonic Adventure: Grounded
    I thought it was about time to post here, since I haven't yet.

[​IMG]
    The in-progress Palm Paradise Zone. I have no idea how to change the title card text yet. =P

[​IMG]
    New mappings for most poses.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just used 640x480 because I play the game in Gens in Double mode. It's nothing intentional. I just didn't want to reduce the size in order to take a screen shot of the normal kind.

Although what's wrong with 640x480? It's still proportional to the original picture and it makes things easier to see.

13. Also what's wrong with JPG?

It's good for people who have slow connection / small webspace

14. Ocrilio ...those look EXACTLY like the ones I just did =P. Very nice. Also, move sonic a bit back, he's too close to the chunk in front of him.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    640x448/480 means just an increase in file size and makes troubles to the few people which are still on 56k. Plus, it's not needed at all.

Anyway I just said my opinion, which for one is proven by the fact that all the screenshots from the cool people (even in this very thread) are taken at 1x size, but I didn't mean to speak the absolute truth or something. I'm just saying that it's unlikely that people like Tweaker, Cinossu, Rika Chou, Puto, love.self.hate, STHX, MoDule, Galvatron, myself and a lot of other people are doing it wrong when they they post screenshots at 1x size.

-- enough words, back to topic, I'm at work right now so I can't post anything new, but I think it's about time that I unveil some upcoming features in soniNeko 1.1, I will edit this post later when I get home.

Also:<!--quoteo(post=202899:date=Jun 26 2008, 02:22 PM:name=Oerg866)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oerg866 @ Jun 26 2008, 02:22 PM) [​IMG]
    New SBZ2 palette.

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    F11, Alt+Print Screen, F12. Problem solved.

If you don't want people stealing your work, high-quality jpeg (yes, there is such a thing :P) isn't wrong, really. I just like full-quality screenshots. I wrote a small quick php script that made any png/gif parsed to it a jpeg once, but I'm too lazy to write one again (it's easy, I know, just laaaaazy~).

17. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
  18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Something simple to contribute.

[​IMG]

Also, I agree with Nineko, since I'm on Dial-up. I hate the larger image, unless its a SonEd screenshot. I also hate Jpegs. I would rather wait the extra few seconds that view a deformed image.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perhaps it's hard to tell due to lack of background, but there seems to be too much contrast in that picture. The purple doesn't blend well. IMO I think the blues all over looked nicer.
    I had no idea people even still used Dial-up. But with that reasoning I suppose smaller pics make sense.