don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    <!--quoteo(post=583355:date=May 1 2011, 06:42 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 1 2011, 06:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583355">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]
    :v:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is really good! I almost didn't notice the background, which is a lovely touch.

As for the bricks, they looks much more like marble, nice job!

2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    <!--quoteo(post=583355:date=May 1 2011, 06:42 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 1 2011, 06:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583355">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]
    Looks much better now. :)

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <!--quoteo(post=583355:date=May 1 2011, 11:42 AM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 1 2011, 11:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583355">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

Looks nifty. Almost reminds me of Altered Beast. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    As I said to you on IRC, I am loving the round bushes and plants in the background. I also see the bricks no longer look like pillows =P

Excellent work!

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe

This looks pretty neat so far. The only thing I don't like is that long purple strip on the ground. It's so out of place and looks a bodge job compared to your other amazing work.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Nice Tidal Tempest recolors :v:

No but seriously. Get rid of that gradient-shaded purple strip and it'd look just fine.

7. dsrb

dsrb

I echo the above sentiments that the marble bricks are great, but the purple strip is…not so great. =P I'm interested to see how this develops further! (This is the continuation of your 30 day project, right?)

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

agree with the rest. While the layout and environment is simply beautiful, I suggest giving back the grass on the ground. Maybe you could add little flowers like you did with the background

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

Perhaps you could add small patches of grass on top, since the Marble Zone of the future has very overgrown grass.

10. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Purple stripe is actually a placeholder. =P
    Seeing as there is so much demand for grass, I'm going to try to make it something rather awesome looking, with flowers etc too. =P

I want this zone to scream "Surreal", just like EHZ.

11. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    So hey I uploaded this video like a year ago and forgot to make it public, more reasons for me to be boo'd in a pantomine style.

<!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tmk22ThIE4&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tmk22ThIE4&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Taking a shot everytime someone says 'it's too hard'</span>

EDIT: Now that I actually watch it again, there have been some layout improvements made for it since the video, but nothing *incredibly* drastic.

12. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    [​IMG]
    This is the last public shot you'll be seeing for a while. =P

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That still looks odd. The grass should sit on top of the blocks, not replace them. The grass itself looks nice, though.

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    <!--quoteo(post=583669:date=May 2 2011, 02:24 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 2 2011, 02:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583669">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]
    This is the last public shot you'll be seeing for a while. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A lot lot better than that purple strip. It clashes with the other art a bit but it's definitely the step in the right direction. Maybe it's because the grass could do with being the same terrain as the original, you know the bumps and inclines like the ones in GHZ and MZ. The stage would probably look better if you have different colour variations of flowers. Surely you could use the colours from the lava palette or from Sonic himself and have a mixture of red, yellow purple and blue. This would give the look of a well kept garden. Also the trees in the background could do with being a bit higher or maybe trimmed to look like Roman trees and maybe a few bushes in the level like in a similar fashion to the ones in EHZ/HTZ, not the same style but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Also I agree with AerosolSP that the grass should sit on top.

EDIT:

You know what else would look good, having some water fountains and maybe some gems in the marble buildings.

I hope you change your mind about showing WIP screen shots. I'm very excited to see how MZ will come along.

15. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Okay, one more:
    [​IMG].
    Now, no more. =P

16. Master3k

Master3k

<!--quoteo(post=583820:date=May 2 2011, 07:06 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 2 2011, 07:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583820">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Okay, one more:
    [​IMG].
    Now, no more. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Niiiice.

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Did I just see a Retrohack screen?</span>

17. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Yes, you did. =P

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Marble Zone at night = Stunning.

19. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    <!--quoteo(post=583820:date=May 2 2011, 11:06 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 2 2011, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583820">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Okay, one more:
    [​IMG].
    Now, no more. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I love what you've done with it, but the colouring on the night-time grass looks a bit odd, especially across the middle. The colours just seem to blend together too much

20. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=583820:date=May 2 2011, 11:06 PM:name=PsychoSk8r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ May 2 2011, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=583820">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[awesome MZ shots]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I love the night scene!

Just curious: I'm surprised to see lava still present if this is MZ as it was when brand new. Is that staying or going?