don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    I think it would feel more Sonic like if you darkened you blackish color.

[​IMG]

2. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]
    Fixed the rectangular clouds.

<!--quoteo(post=571130:date=Mar 21 2011, 11:01 AM:name=Blanche Hodapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blanche Hodapp @ Mar 21 2011, 11:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=571130">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh shit me, we have a second act!

<a href="http://postimage.org/image/1yvb8h29w/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Reminds me of 8-bit Scrap Brain Zone layout wise.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    [​IMG]

Very early WIP

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Something about those mountains seems too realistic to be Sonic-y, that's just me though.

Same criticism as before about the floor though.

5. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I've not really done much with the foreground since the last pic, been concentrating on the background. The criticism won't go unnoticed though, I already know what to do with the foreground.

6. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=572848:date=Mar 26 2011, 07:07 PM:name=StephenUK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StephenUK @ Mar 26 2011, 07:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=572848">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

Very early WIP<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very pretty!

7. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    This screenshot makes me think about <a href="http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ms/l/d/ldcdms013.jpg" target="_blank">the third level</a> from Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck on the Master System.

I think it means that the ground is too repetitive, but this has already be said. The mountains are great, a little too detailed compared to the sky, maybe. :v: Also, nice job with the vegetation.

8. Trunks

Trunks

AGAIN TRY Oldbie
    If I could make a couple of color and tile suggestions:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

just some contrast adjustment and the sloping tiles. I think it helps it be a little less abrupt.

But as Tichmall said, it's pretty repetitive.

9. Matwek

Matwek

Adding some depth might help with the repetitiveness.
    [​IMG]

10. ArcticLeopard

ArcticLeopard

Texas
    Sonic 1 Misadventure
    [​IMG]

11. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Lately I have been attempting to keep my progress on SSD quiet. However I have hit a block in the road.

[​IMG]

This is the leafshild I have created, and I am not satisfied with it at all. I know it's lacking but I cannot seem to figure out what to do with it. I would love some help on this piece of art.
    Currently it's just a recolored S1 shield with 3 leaves rotating around it, I want the shield to have the same awesomeness the S3K shields have though.

So yeah, comments/critiques/pointers/etc. would be much appreciated.

Edit: Just a side note: this would be 1 of 3 animations. Because for everytime Sonic hit's an enemy/monitor, one leaf would dissipate.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=573596:date=Mar 28 2011, 07:07 PM:name=Hitaxas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hitaxas @ Mar 28 2011, 07:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573596">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lately I have been attempting to keep my progress on SSD quiet. However I have hit a block in the road.

[​IMG]

This is the leafshild I have created, and I am not satisfied with it at all. I know it's lacking but I cannot seem to figure out what to do with it. I would love some help on this piece of art.
    Currently it's just a recolored S1 shield with 3 leaves rotating around it, I want the shield to have the same awesomeness the S3K shields have though.

So yeah, comments/critiques/pointers/etc. would be much appreciated.

Edit: Just a side note: this would be 1 of 3 animations. Because for everytime Sonic hit's an enemy/monitor, one leaf would dissipate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Leaf shield eh? How about making it's power some sort of an air dash. Or if that doesn't suit you you could use the Sonic Wind or the Blue tornado move from SA2 and Sonic Heroes respectively.

Also as far as the art goes, maybe you don't need the S1 shield at all, maybe it could just be 3 leaves rotating around you with maybe a little green streak following the leaves as they go around you in a circle, giving the illusion of it being a circle, kind of like the Fire shield in Sonic 3

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Well, I had sacrificed any new "ability" of sorts in return for the ability to destroy 3 objects (enemy/monitor) without the need to roll or jump. That way it's not much more powerful when compared to the other shields.

The only problem with your suggestion as far as art goes, I could not figure out how to pull off that effect when it comes to the leaves being behind Sonic, unless I was to have 2 objects load (one behind and one in front), and that would be a waste of space really. However I do like the idea in general. :)

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Why don't you edit the particle effect on the Sonic 2 invincibility stars to work with leaves instead? That would be graphically interesting and have the trail effect you want built right in.

15. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    Some more progress on my S3K hack;

[​IMG]
    I more or less redid AIZ2 from scratch after my old Youtube video showing the old layout and I'm much happier with the results.

[​IMG]
    Generic MHZ2 area where the path splits up in 2 ways.

[​IMG]
    Knuckles exploring a lower path of CNZ2. Not much more to it.

[​IMG]
    ...and Knuckles taking his own unique path through the lower part of MHZ2.

I don't think I have enough new content to warrant a video any time soon but I thought I should still keep you all updated somehow. As usual, Comments and Criticism are welcome and greatly received.

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Your choice of colours are fantastic D.A.

17. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    <!--quoteo(post=573604:date=Mar 28 2011, 11:43 PM:name=Hitaxas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hitaxas @ Mar 28 2011, 11:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573604">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The only problem with your suggestion as far as art goes, I could not figure out how to pull off that effect when it comes to the leaves being behind Sonic, unless I was to have 2 objects load (one behind and one in front), and that would be a waste of space really. However I do like the idea in general. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    S3&K does it by shuffling the priority of the shield depending on the mapping frame being used. You could do it using the animation frame instead; something like this (using names from S2 SVN disassembly, and assuming that your animation has 9 frames):

<!--g1--><div class='geshitop'>Syntax Highlighted Code: ASM</div><div class='geshimain'><!--eg1--><pre class="asm" style="font-family:monospace;"> <span style="color: #00bfff;">lea</span> <span style="">(</span>Ani_LeafShield<span style="">)</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">l</span>,<span style="font-weight:bold;">a1</span>
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">jsr</span> <span style="">(</span>AnimateSprite<span style="">)</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">l</span>
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">move</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">#</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">1</span>,priority<span style="">(</span><span style="font-weight:bold;">a0</span><span style="">)</span>
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">cmpi</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">#</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">5</span>,anim_frame<span style="">(</span><span style="font-weight:bold;">a0</span><span style="">)</span>
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">bcs</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">s</span> +
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">move</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">#</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">4</span>,priority<span style="">(</span><span style="font-weight:bold;">a0</span><span style="">)</span>
    +
    <span style="color: #adadad; font-style: italic;">; rest of code go here</span>
    &nbsp;
    Ani_LeafShield:
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">w</span> Ani_3leaves - Ani_LeafShield
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">w</span> Ani_2leaves - Ani_LeafShield
    <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">w</span> Ani_1leaf - Ani_LeafShield
    Ani_3leaves: <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">1</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">0</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">1</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">2</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">3</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">4</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">5</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">6</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">7</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">8</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">FF</span>
    Ani_2leaves: <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">1</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">9</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">A</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">B</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">C</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">D</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">E</span>, <span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">F</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">10</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">11</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">FF</span>
    Ani_1leaf: <span style="color: #00bfff;">dc</span>.<span style="color: #00bfff;">b</span> <span style="color: #ff0000;">1</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">12</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">13</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">14</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">15</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">16</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">17</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">18</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">19</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">1A</span>,<span style="color: #ff0000;">$</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">FF</span>
    <span style="color: #00CC66;">even</span></pre><!--gc2--><!--CWxlYQkoQW5pX0xlYWZTaGllbGQpLmwsYTEKCWpzcgkoQW5pbWF0ZVNwcml0ZSkubAoJbW92ZS5iCSMx
    LHByaW9yaXR5KGEwKQoJY21waS5iCSM1LGFuaW1fZnJhbWUoYTApCgliY3MucwkrCgltb3ZlLmIJIzQsc
    HJpb3JpdHkoYTApCisKOyByZXN0IG9mIGNvZGUgZ28gaGVyZQoKQW5pX0xlYWZTaGllbGQ6CglkYy53CU
    FuaV8zbGVhdmVzIC0gQW5pX0xlYWZTaGllbGQKCWRjLncJQW5pXzJsZWF2ZXMgLSBBbmlfTGVhZlNoaWV
    sZAoJZGMudwlBbmlfMWxlYWYgICAtIEFuaV9MZWFmU2hpZWxkCkFuaV8zbGVhdmVzOglkYy5iCSAgIDEs
    ICAwLCAgMSwgIDIsICAzLCAgNCwgIDUsICA2LCAgNywgIDgsJiMwMzY7RkYKQW5pXzJsZWF2ZXM6CWRjL
    mIJICAgMSwgIDksICYjMDM2O0EsICYjMDM2O0IsICYjMDM2O0MsICYjMDM2O0QsICYjMDM2O0UsICYjMD
    M2O0YsJiMwMzY7MTAsJiMwMzY7MTEsJiMwMzY7RkYKQW5pXzFsZWFmOiAJZGMuYgkgICAxLCYjMDM2OzE
    yLCYjMDM2OzEzLCYjMDM2OzE0LCYjMDM2OzE1LCYjMDM2OzE2LCYjMDM2OzE3LCYjMDM2OzE4LCYjMDM2
    OzE5LCYjMDM2OzFBLCYjMDM2O0ZGCglldmVu--><!--egc2--><!--g2--></div><!--eg2-->

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Monochrome Cat Game Guy™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    <!--quoteo(post=573683:date=Mar 29 2011, 10:37 AM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Mar 29 2011, 10:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573683">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some more progress on my S3K hack;

*pictures*

I don't think I have enough new content to warrant a video any time soon but I thought I should still keep you all updated somehow. As usual, Comments and Criticism are welcome and greatly received.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is one of my most-wanted hacks. DO WANT. :D

19. dsrb

dsrb

Re Hitaxas’ leaf shield: perhaps it would help to put the three leaves off-centre and have them rotate at different times (or even speeds)…if that makes any sense; it's fairly mechanical looking, and that may make it look more natural. That, or this:<!--quoteo(post=573615:date=Mar 29 2011, 04:18 AM:name=Tweaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tweaker @ Mar 29 2011, 04:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573615">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why don't you edit the particle effect on the Sonic 2 invincibility stars to work with leaves instead? That would be graphically interesting and have the trail effect you want built right in.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

20. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    <!--quoteo(post=573739:date=Mar 29 2011, 11:32 AM:name=dsrb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsrb @ Mar 29 2011, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573739">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Re Hitaxas’ leaf shield: perhaps it would help to put the three leaves off-centre and have them rotate at different times (or even speeds)…if that makes any sense; it's fairly mechanical looking, and that may make it look more natural. That, or this:<!--quoteo(post=573615:date=Mar 29 2011, 04:18 AM:name=Tweaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tweaker @ Mar 29 2011, 04:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=573615">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why don't you edit the particle effect on the Sonic 2 invincibility stars to work with leaves instead? That would be graphically interesting and have the trail effect you want built right in.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hm. Combining the invincibility particle effect with the S3&K-style layering of the leaves would make a kick-ass leaf shield. Maybe having the leaves swirl around Sonic, some in front and some in back, and falling away as enemies hit.