don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    [​IMG]
    New Amy to replace the other, because all of these are on sale for $1.

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    wtf why does the buzz bomber have such realistic eyes

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    These punks keep swapping between Generations and Classic designs and its infuriating.

4. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    81GOX+YRRyL.jpg

This was announced for a while, but preorders for a Sonic-themed fortune card deck have gone live on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
    On the subject of putting this on the wiki, obviously it will be categorised as merchandise, but should we categorise it as a toy or a tabletop game? Both retailers categorise it as a book, but this is a deck of cards we're dealing with.

5. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    For all intents and purposes, including divination, tarot is a game. So, a tabletop game.

(Insta-preordered as soon as I saw it)

6. Londinium

Londinium

smh Sonic is a sin now

7. I’m aware you’re joking, but addressing this seriously, it would be less sinful for them to just be Tarot cards rather than “fortune” cards. The sin of Tarot cards is using them for divination. On their own, they’re just playing cards.

But that’s just the Catholic perspective. I don’t know the view of Orthodox, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, or any of the other religions, though I imagine it’s similar but gets simplified by the masses as, “Tarot = evil.”

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    I'll offer my Protestant perspective that tarot cards are fine, just don't use them for divination.
    The Amazon description mentions that the deck includes minor arcana, which are the cards that are numbered/lettered and divided into suits. Those can be used to play card games, so I would classify this as a game.

9. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    It also says there's a 128 page book so that's probably why it's classified as a book.

10. OrionNavattan

OrionNavattan

Tech Member
    Oregon
  11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Sonic 06 haters on suicide watch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A bunch of other leaks on SMN but I don't care to discuss them. The Prime figures are a complete rip off.

12. Londinium

Londinium

Mephiles could've been so cool if not for the shitty game he starred in

13. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Found this little guy in Akihabara the other day. Anybody know how rare it is?

[​IMG]

14. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    It's pretty rare

15. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It's from a set of prizes they'd stick in UFO Catchers and the like.

There's enough info out there to get a rough handle on names and dates - August 1993 is written here. It needs someone more passionate about such things to cross reference with official Sega sources and get the coverage up on Sonic/Sega Retro.

16. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    It was hard for me to make out the price tag, but I don’t think it was very expensive. If I can remember what shop I saw it in I might pick it up!

edit: it was mandarake but it’s not there anymore. Ah well.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  17. I'm seeing this Fast Friends Forever wall lamp been given out to media-select / press packs or "VIPs"
    upload_2023-10-19_14-33-44.png

Anyone know or got any leads on if this is available to purchase elsewhere?

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nah, given Sega's attitude regarding promotion now you'll only be getting stuff like this if you're an influencer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    SONIC 3 BABY

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK), a top manufacturer of toys and consumer products and its costume division, Disguise, announced a multi-year partnership with SEGA of America, Inc. (“SEGA”) for Sonic the Hedgehog™ 3, Paramount Pictures’ feature film set to release on December 20, 2024.

The Sonic 2 toyline was easily the best toyline Jakks has ever put out. Fantastic detailed sculpts, decent articulation, a nice scale and all for a low low price of 10 bucks. I hope 3 keeps the same level of quality as 2. The Prime figures were absolute dog shit and I pray they don't lean towards that direction. They had nice looking sculpts but the terrible scale makes it incompatible with everything, the sculpts got in the way of articulation and they were hollow as fuck. Not worth the increased price.

20. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    The movie Sonic figure is the exact Sonic figure I would've loved as a kid. I hope they rerelease the knuckles one so I can get that, and obviously a Shadow one.

Accessories could be better though.