don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Oh yea, street dates. I bought Frontiers like two weeks early because of them.

2. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Damn, shame I can't just go to Gamestop and pick up my copy. Lmao. I definitely would.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Maybe I should start hunting a few games-selling shops. I've not preordered after the Origins Plus fiasco.

5. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
  6. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    So Sonic Superstars uses Unity. How do I know this? I preordered the game on the Nintendo eShop for my Switch, and the game is already downloaded and ready for launch on the release date. While I can't play it, there *is* something I can look at... By pressing + then going to Software Information -> Intellectual Property Notices, there's a "Made with Unity" logo present near the top.

You guys will have mods for this within a week.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • List
  7. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I think we knew that already tho?

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

So it has a reversible cover that has something a lot more fitting alongside Mania on your shelf.
    [​IMG]

9. Astro

Astro

I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread thinking it was this thread, whoops. Not a huge deal but the only thing I really want to know before release with this is if it's worth getting at launch or waiting until a sale.

10. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    We knew as early as the stage floor demos 'cause it had the "Demo Version" typical of Unity games.

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That's where I'm at. I really just wanna know like:

* Are the physics right?
    * How's the level design?
    * Switch performance?

12. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I hope that someone makes a mod for this game where they just replace Amy's hammer with an actual photorealistic hammer, that'd be pretty funny to me.
    upload_2023-10-12_1-56-22.jpeg

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If I don't hear about how this game actually is within 24 hours, I will personally break Yuji Naka out of prison and you all will have to deal with the consequences.

14. serpx

serpx

I did the same thing, unfortunately I was spoiled on something I would've preferred to have been a surprise. It's my fault for thinking that thread was something else, I didn't put the pieces together that the game leaked.

15. Trippled

Trippled

Credits anaylisis...

Sonic Team is involved like in the Dimps games. Iizuka himself, director and two game designers...

Composer list HUGE...lotta in house Sega people, pretty much everyone noteworthy.

16. Edit: Wrong thread.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    A week?

Try hours.

18. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'm going to try and avoid story spoilers and not watch any further gameplay footage. I want to be surprised when I play it on release day.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oh fuck right off, I already preordered via Fanatical. Anyone know if I can just…preorder for the skin then cancel it?

Edit: Nope, because Amazon doesn’t even offer the skins with the PC version! Yaaaaaay!