Self-employment
    user_field_other-contact-info:
    DiscordTag: Naean#0046
    user_field_current-project:
    2D. Sonic Level Designs
    National Flag:
    uk
    user_field_wiki-edits:
    Hi, it's Naean Howlett-Foster here! I hope that you are doing well; thank you for checking me and my profile out!

I'm an Autistic, self-employed, home-based artist with an affinity for fine detail pen and pencil drawings, however I like working with other mediums too.

Additionally, I'm rather fond of photography.

I'm currently working on my fan game Sonic The Hedgehog 5, which aims to be a sequel to Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. Please hear me out on this...

With the right knowledge and understanding of what made previous classic 2D. Sonic games so solid, and by building upon them, it is entirely possible to craft up-to-standard successors. What SEGA did with Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was heavily nitpicked by many, that is true, but it was mainly scrutinised so much (And rightly so.) because of its major shortcomings in critical aspects.

It does not, however, mean that the concept of a Sonic 3 & Knuckles sequel is inherently impossible, far from it. If I believed that it isn't possible, this project would have been canned ages ago, or not started at all. Sonic 4 didn't fail to meet reasonable expectations because of fans setting the bar too high, Sonic 4 flopped because of SEGA not setting the bar high enough, and also grossly misplacing the game's title in stark contrast to its actual content.

This project isn't purely for the sakes of nostalgia or retro throwbacks. Rather, it is a project which aims to genuinely build upon Sonic 3 & Knuckles (A game that I utterly love.) and produce a faithful sequel to it which I hope fellow fans can enjoy. I'm attempting to 'fill the gap' so to speak that SEGA has left mostly unfilled, due to how they treated Sonic 4. This project really means the world to me, so I hope that people will give me, the other team members, and the project itself, a chance before judging.

The community has been burned too many times officially with various different subpar quality Sonic games, and I honestly get that completely, but I ask that people don't let that taint them into concerns that this is probably another Sonic game titled in a way to purely grab attention and downloads. Sonic 5 is not a title that should be just thrown around, it is extremely important, and ties this game directly with the quality of the classic 2D. Sonic games. Choosing to create a sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a massive task that requires careful development. The correct mindset and approach are absolutely key.

Of course, I know that how much people like the final game is entirely subjective. Nevertheless, I hope that my passion and best efforts shine through regardless.

Sonic 5 is currently in the alpha stages of development.

I will not be posting a topic on the Sonic Retro Message Board about it until there is a substantial amount of content to show. (Screenshots, gameplay, demos and so on.)

In the meantime, I will be posting news and updates on the project periodically via my social media accounts and Sonic 5 Blog.

Interests:

Society trends, community collaboration, being open minded, challenging certain perspectives, game development, general technology, art and design.