don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That would be incredible, Stardust Speedway is just asking for it to happen. All the neon lights, race track oriented routes, and crazy scenery is absolutely perfect.

2. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    Ehhhh. Would've preferred a Sonic R sequel, to be honest.

Or rather, Sonic R but with more than five tracks and without the horrible controls.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, since they seemingly recycled Seaside Hill Zone from Sonic Heroes, it's not totally out of the question.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Outrun stage, daytona track maybe? monkeyball looks quite close to Sonic's style, house of the dead will probably return as a circuit...

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, plus it looks like they meshed in a few props from the GHZ map from Superstars Tennis as well. This is probably an early beta, but I've been wrong before. I mean, they got away with recycling Heroes models and props for awhile.

6. Graxer

Graxer

I think it sounds brilliant, and I will definately get it! I bought SEGA Superstars Tennis for £5 expecting it to be boring, but was plesantly suprised with all the included Ball Games like Chu Chu Rocket and Puyo Pop. I hope there are mini games like that in this!

I don't mind Sonic having a car. If he ran it would look just as odd as Amy driving in Sonic R. Also it would feel unfitting for Sonic to have racing style controls, which he would have to to make the races fair. If he ran with standard controls he could turn corners and accelerate easier than any car.

Its just a shame he doesn't have his Sonic Drift car. (Although I can't shake off the feeling that I've seen classic promotional art with him next to a blue car before.)

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Doesn't look that interesting, to be honest. Racing games are okay to play once in a while, but it never made sense to me to throw Sonic in a car—he doesn't actually need it to travel at insane speeds, as both Sonic R and several other Sonic games have shown quite clearly.

On the plus side, the graphics are very pretty! I hope someone can rip the level models at some point and make platformer adaptions of them. :)

8. Call it part of the rules then, hence why he's racing a bunch of other SEGA characters.

9. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I wonder if we'll see Shadow on his bike again?
    [​IMG]

10. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I'm personally pretty excited about this. If they get it to be as fun as Zero Gravity or Sonic R, I'm game. : 3 Richard Jaques, eh? If he's still as good as in Black Knight, yeah, that'd rock. : D
    Lookin' forward to more announcements, like, the roster. : D

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

12. er...That's a red car?

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It's a racing game, featuring Sega all-stars. Cameos aren't out of the question.

As such, I hope to God...

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yes, but it's somewhat similar to the Sonic Drift promotional art.

15. Rokkan

Rokkan

Enough to make Riders and Zero Gravity?

Not coming back to the thread until I see Shinobi riding a steampunk horse or Segata Sanshiro riding a giant SEGA Saturn controller.

16. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Other that drifts 1 and 2, being rips of Pole Position, Sonic's games, no matter how lame some of them are, never seem to be direct clones of anything, and are always really original, right, guys?

17. Rokkan

Rokkan

I'd actually quote Shadow the Hedgehog on this one but
    half of the FPS genre is made of that, so it's not a really direct one

18. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Sonic R 2, Amy's game multiplied.
    I hate racing games :(

19. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    SEGA is out of ideas, eh?
    What's coming next? :v:

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Looks more like they're trying to cash in or are just giving Sumo something to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.