don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Nope. Wiimote only, Wiimote+nunchuck, or Classic Controller

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    So they took all out the good stuff in the game.

Welp, got no urge to play it in arcades!

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    For an arcade racer it sounds like the game is still full of meat, plenty of stuff there (again, for an arcade game)

Glad to hear Ryo was left in.

I'd love to play this at some point but I doubt I'll ever find a booth anywhere.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Seeing as it coughs up tickets, Gameworks is likely to pick some machines up. I just found out the one down here still exists.

5. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Very much this. 13 courses and 13 racers is huge for an arcade game. Sega Amusements Europe's last game, GRID, features just nine courses and that's way more than the other racing games Sega is selling - Sega Rally 3 has five, while Hummer and Harley Davidson each have four. Four is actually a pretty standard number: Namco's Dead Heat Street Racing and Konami's GTI Club also feature four each.

Some arcade racers do feature larger numbers of courses, but these tend to be games with save functions from long-running series such as Initial D, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Battle Gear and The Fast and the Furious. Save functions are unfortunately not popular in Western arcades, unless they are effort-free on the operator's behalf (see the keypad system used in The Fast and the Furious series).

Your profile says you're near London, and I reckon you'd be able to find one there no problem. Just wait until it comes out (which should be in March).

6. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    It dispenses tickets?

Oh, it's ON.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I hope a local Chuck E. Cheese's or something picks this up. I always felt this would be a fun Arcade game and I'd love to give it a go in that setting.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So uh...I just found a demo for this on the Japanese 360 Marketplace.

...What does this mean?

9. WUT.

If thats true then...then...

I don't know. 0.o

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    A demo for the Arcade version on the 360 Marketplace? Or just a demo of the game in general.

I don't know what either of those could mean though.

11. bolt7

bolt7

I think he means a demo for the Xbox 360 version. Correct me if I'm wrong; but I don't think either this or SEGA Superstars Tennis saw a release in Japan. I don't remember the reason for it, maybe SEGA just didn't think it would appeal to the Japanese market? Anyway, since this has found its way into arcades, maybe Sumo has managed to get a release on the Japanese market, too. I doubt the Japanese demo will be any different to the English released game; but if anyone's interested, I can download it later tonight and check (providing no-body else gets round to it first.)

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Go ahead. I didn't download it because I assume it would just be the demo from before. The game title did have a bit of Japanese text after the name of the game though (well, I don't know about the box, but it did when you were over the name).

13. bolt7

bolt7

Hmm. I logged onto the Japanese marketplace last night and the demo was there; but apparently it's been there ages. I presumed after reading your post it had been recently added. =X

This still baffles me though... did SEGA Racing get a Japanese release after all? Surely they wouldn't upload a demo of a never-to-be released game. Maybe it was only SEGA Tennis that went unreleased. :psyduck:

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There needs to be a search then. We need scans and stuff if it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.