don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, seeing as how the tennis game was based on Virtua Tennis I think this is likely to play as much like Daytona or Sega Rally as Mario Kart.

I wonder if this will use the OutRun 2 engine? It's their latest racing game engine IIRC.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Even thiugh it's most likely not happening, I really hope they give the characters the abilities like in the trailer. Y'know, like Sonic jumping out the car and homing attacks a missle. That would be great.

3. As stupid and out of place as it sounds, I'd like to see Ryo Hazuki racing. Because at least Sega will prove that they're not amnesiac about Shenmue.

Also, I would like Tails Doll to return.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Bonus points if they get an Outrun cameo of sorts in, though I'd imagine the licensing would be insane. Maybe a knock-off Ferrari =P

This looks interesting, if nothing else - and with Richard Jacques seemingly signed up it'll sound great. Awaiting more info, as always =P

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Why are the spin-off games more align to the original art style of the games than the main series?

7. Graxer

Graxer

I hope Ryo and Crazy Taxi are included. Though im not sure about the forklift truck bit. Working in Shenmue was almost as boring as the real thing. I didnt even feel the forklift racing was fun. That was Shenmue's only bad point though... as far as it got.

And yes, they should have changeable vehicles, with tails in the various versions of the Tornado.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Hopefully there'll be gameplay videos at E3.

9. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    I am still pondering this since Sonic Adventure 1. Except for the unreleased Sonic X-Treme, Heroes was the only 3D game I know of who pulled it off at least a BIT.

10. Machenstein

Machenstein

There better be rocket powered forklifts or I'm not buying.

11. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Jack from MadWorld on his motorcycle. And yes, he should still be in black and white and have his chainsaw. :)

Would never happen with a game as happy as this, but damnit I can dream.

12. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    That's a kind of interesting observation, actually. I guess it's sort of a form of marketting or something, to make him seem more familiar to people.

I'm totally psyched for this one. Let's hope it's more like what Mario Kart Wii should've been. The graphics do look quite pleasing to the eye, but I can't wait to see some gameplay.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll be using the Hedgehog Engine for this title as well?

13. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
  14. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Who else but me wants the Werehog to be an unlockable racer? He could beat the shit out of opponents without moving from his seat and wouldn't afraid of anything.

EDIT: WACKY WEREHOG EXTENDO-LEG WHEELS THAT IS ALL.

15. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I find it interesting you see the Samba monkey (I really don't know if that's his name or not) is shown ahead of Robotnik, veers out of the screen to show off Eggman's vehicle, and somehow reappears behind Eggman once the dust clears. I was confused for awhile because they make such an effort to give you only a half a second glimpse of the monkey when he's behind Eggman, I was almost certain they were trying to cleverly hide another character.

In any case, I just want to be able to jump outta the car at some point and just have Sonic run the course. Maybe him on his feet will be an unlockable or something when you beat the game. Of course, if that was the case, I'd like to see everyone be able to do that. I mean, we already know that Robotnik can outrun Sonic for a short period of time...

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Am I the only person here who's drawing more parallels between this and Diddy Kong Racing rather than a Mario Kart title?

It's almost the same concept. Several IPs belonging to the same developer (rather than 20+ from one IP) in a fun and cartoony racing environment (planes included; I wonder if we'll see hovercrafts as well XD). The biggest difference being that most of the racers in DKR never starred in their own title, or only ended up as cameos in Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie and post-Nintendo Rare titles. Thanks Microsoft. No, really, because who knows how all of that could've gone.

I can totally see this game having some sort of racing adventure mode not unlike DKR (especially due to the supposed customization and specific character abilities), which would be the shit...granted it probably won't end up that way.

The CGI trailer is gorgeous and entertaining. I do hope the final game turns out the same way.

And considering it was announced right before E3, we'll probably see some gameplay videos over the next week. I wouldn't be surprised if the game didn't use the Hedgehog Engine, though I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I see it looking good either way. Thing is, that's a lot of characters, vehicles, inevitable vehicle parts, and (probably) a lot of tracks to calculate GI lighting and Light Field for...would they go to the trouble of doing it all for a kart racer?

17. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    NO. That slot is for Ristar if anything.

Wacky extendo-leg wheels indeed.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm not going to condemn it just yet - Eggman in a monster truck is an idea I can get behind, really.

But yeah. Sonic has no use for a car. Tell me: If you could run faster than most vehicles, would you really want to limit your mobility and agility by sitting in the driver's seat? Even if everybody else in the game drove cars and Sonic didn't, that would be ridiculous and awesome.

I can imagine a character like Sonic absolutely loathing the idea of having to drive a car during a race (the same could be said for any speed-based character, like The Flash).

I just hope this game doesn't turn out to be as vanilla and underwhelming as Sega Superstars Tennis (who am I kidding?).

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Let me just note this right now, before this topic continues:

All current speculation, attacks and any other commentary is being done on a CGI presentation of the game. We have no in-game visuals whatsoever.

That is all.

That said, Sonic would be disqualified on foot. For the sake of the game, he's in a car. That's all there really is to it. It's just gameplay.

20. Graxer

Graxer

We do actually: http://www.tssznews.com/2009/05/28/sonic-s...cing-announced/ (They are also on the Sega page too I think)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.