don't click here

Sonic Origins - Known Issues

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mustapha, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Report/discuss issues here, anything that seems off or appears like it was missed by QA*, *should* be fixed in a patch.

Be sure to mention what platform you're playing on as well, if possible provide footage/screenshots.

For PC, please post your hardware specifications & system configuration.

There could be issues that are specific to one version but not another.

*Excluding the unfortunate situation with the Sonic 3 & Knuckles Soundtrack*

Known Issues
    - Collison issues (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
    - Sound glitches/muffled audio (all versions?)
    - Mislabeled soundtracks in museum.
    - Widescreen boundaries bypassing screen locks (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
    - Tails AI issues (Workaround)

*QA = Quality Assurance

Current Versions https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/
    6/30/2022
    PS4/PS5 - 1.03 / 1.003.000
    - Fixed bug that caused the game to crash when accessing Rankings with data in My Data.

6/23/2022
    PS4/PS5 - 1.02
    PC, Xbox - 1.01
    Nintendo Switch - 1.01 (1.1.0 according to home menu)
    - Fixed bugs to improve stability
    - Other minor bug fixes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  2. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Some things I've seen from different live streams...

Sonic 2

A.I.-controlled Tails

Gets pretty frequently stuck in the level designs of various Zones, rather than him de-spawning off-screen and flying / swimming back in, resulting in him jumping often and producing jump sound effects often.

I've not seen this specific problem happen like this in any other public official release of Sonic 2. When this anomaly happens, player character death or reaching end of level seems to resolve the issue. For the latter, it appears that Tails kinda drops back into the level very suddenly, rather than flying back in.

Ring Collection Sound Effects

There seems to be a problem with the sound effect itself, quality seems reduced from its original counterpart.

Furthermore, the sound effects don't pan correctly consistently. Sometimes a close trail of rings collected fast results in most of the sound effect playing in the left or right channel, rather than always alternating channels akin to the original game.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

IceCap Zone: Act 2

Boss boundary can be bypassed with Super Sonic's high speed, allowing you to break open the end-of-level capsule and move on to the next level without defeating the boss itself. (Screenshot.)

Carnival Night Zone: Act 2

A level area can be outran, and cause instant death off-screen. The sound effect and functionality of the speed booster also fail to activate. (Video.)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  3. Copying over from the Origins thread. These aren't necessarily bugs, but issues that should have been addressed by QA. PS4 for the record, but I'm positive these are design issues that persist across all releases.

4. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    It's probably something wrong on my end, but the menus and cutscenes all run like absolute GARBAGE on the PC version. I took a video just to show how bad it is (running at default graphical settings with almost no other programs running). The gameplay sections run just fine, but everything around them is totally busted. I've also had a few cases where the game randomly crashes after finishing a mission, so that's not great.

5. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    The game crashes for me on bootup, right after getting past the logos; and according to some of the steam forums, I'm not the only one having the issue. Even people with beefy PCs are getting crashes off the jump.

6. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    Ahh, speak for yourself. The games themselves also run slow for me on my laptop lol. Geez, the Denuvo in this is horrific - I shouldn't actually have to pull out my gaming desktop to play this at full speed haha.

But I will. Off I go.

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    you can play songs that are still locked in the Premium audio section of the museum.

8. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    For PC, please post your hardware specs.

9. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    It's doing this to me now too. This is inexcusable.

Device name MSI GS75 Stealth
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

10. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Just got the Switch version and played it for a lil bit here is what I found:
    -Overall sound quality seems muffled. It feels like every single song and sound effect has a low pass filter on it. The Genesis by default did have a low pass filter but later releases like the original CD 2011 and the Android/iOS ports had no muffle sound
    -Sonic 3&K has a weird collision issues that werent in the original but at the same time other collision issues of the original are gone so cool I guess?
    -Drop Dash on Sonic 1, CD and 2 feels like a janky implementation where its more like a super fast spin dash while the Sonic 3&K is more like the one on Mania
    -Not an issue perse but Sonic 3&K level select code on the vine doesn't work, the Sonic 3 one works
    -Sonic 3 Competition mode forces you to have 2 controllers on the Switch, this is extremely annoying specially on Time Trial mode where it's not even a 2 player mode.
    -Many of the Sonic 3D Blast and Chaotix music on the Museum are wrongly labeled. Did this game even passed QA testing?
    -Holy Jesus Christ got to play Sonic 3&K Special stages and music did not speed up. Not only that but when you get a life it starts all over.

11. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Museum

Amongst the already mentioned mix up of music tracks and music titles, additionally Sandopolis Zone is incorrectly named as Sandpolis Zone in some text of the Sounds section. (Steam version.)

[​IMG]

What amuses me is the fact that they spelled it incorrectly in their titles yet correctly in their descriptions.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    As I've learned, if the Steam version crashes before it can load up, try starting it in Big Picture Mode instead. For whatever reason, that seems to fix that particular issue.

13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

On PS5, when I tried to upload my time for time attack just to see what would happen, the game just crashed on me. Submitted an error report via the PS5 UI, so I hope someone sees it.

14. On Mission Mode, Sonic 1, "Sonic's Spin Dash Attack!", the counter does not appear to function correctly. When charging a stationary Spin Dash and motobugs walk into you and are destroyed, the counter does not increase.
    System: Nintendo Switch.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Zone Boss widescreen boundaries are seriously messed up and super easy to glitch.

HolyTails.jpg

16. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Nope, still got a crash on boot for me. Denuvo is really ruining this game lmao.

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Perhaps they got annoyed by the people who use the stupid "SOZ" acronym like I was mentioning the other day, and they decided to put an end to it for good.

18. Sable

Sable

Playing on PS5 -
    • Clipped through the floor in Wacky Workbench Zone 1 (Present) after falling from a great height. Didn't die, just stood underneath the floor until I jumped back up.
    • Having Tails carry you into a Special Stage in Sonic 2 causes the propeller sound to continue playing infinitely until the game is paused.

19. This is a smail detail and I've already said on the another thread, but I noticed when in Special Stage for Sonic 3, for some reason, the game uses the Sonic 1 / 2 spring sound effect, instead from Sonic 3 itself.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    When using Sonic 3 items in Sonic 2, the instashield sound is completely wrong, but in Sonic 1 is is correct lmao

You can get stuck in the Chrome Gadget spring while it is in the wall. Oh actually that spring doesn't even pop out of the wall when you hit the switch, it only flips the direction.