don't click here

Sonic News

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Super, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I do not trust any sources in this thread. None. Nada.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, ditto. Not after this, and not after the fact that SSMB hasn't caught any wind of this yet. The source usually chuks its info at TSS, so the fact that they know none of it really tells me something.

3. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    My friend who told me all that will be as surprised as I am, and probably grateful. And my source is an old friend who comes into contact with important people, whether it be forum-wise or game-wise, but he gets overzealous and takes fiction as fact, and redistrubutes it. Sorry about that, but now we know, thanks to One Classy Bloke.

4. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Sounds like One Classy Bloke (or whoever) was watching Naruto and figured "hey, this would be a cool prank."

5. Robjoe

Robjoe

I knew something was up. I mean really, how the hell would someone who doesn't even work at Sega/Sonic Team, get shit like the ending details, let alone not get sued for the leak of it. Thank god that was bullshit, I was worred there. It's one thing to have a slop storyline in a game, it's another to kill off good characters and fuck the series up the ass.

6. Shade

Shade

Oh, thank the fuck Christ. It's bogus.

<3

7. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

...damn. I was hoping they'd be killing off Big.

8. Divisible by Waffle

Divisible by Waffle

Impatient Echidna Member
    Somewhere in Oreeyguhn
    Failing at fixing game cartridges
    Hey, I think that Big is kind of cute, even if his voice in English is annoying as hell.

As for the hoax, it's only natural that a whole bunch of them would come out before the release. It's true for most major games prior to their release, so you always have to be wary and scrutinize the facts before you just accept them.

This is why I just look at screenshots/videos and make my decisions from there.

9. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    And once again, I sit alone being the only person who would find that kind of story interesting.

Christ, k guys go back to playing in 2D. They're not making those games again, period.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    O RLY?

Official or not, who fucking cares? As long as the game itself turns out to be fine and dandy all will be well.

Ironic though, this is a game with a bad name, coming out on a system with a bad name. :P

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think they're done making 2D sonics yet... Specially if their new STH flops.

12. dualscreenman

dualscreenman

Can anyone say Sonic Rush sequel? (I just love that music, to name one cool part of the game.)

Sonic Rush changed the way I play 2D Sonics. I now play with speed in mind, and I have a new love for Super Sonic.

(Too bad Sonic 3 runs at 75% speed on my Geny emulator for the DS, it kinda kills the feeling. A little...) That's why I like the PC version I bought 5 years or so ago.

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Just a word of notice, Sonic and the Secret of the Rings is not the game's finalized title, just like Wildfire; it's still considered a "working title".

Also, the levels in the new SotR trailer look seriously fucking win.

14. Divisible by Waffle

Divisible by Waffle

Impatient Echidna Member
    Somewhere in Oreeyguhn
    Failing at fixing game cartridges
    I have no problem with Sonic Team expanding their horizons with the series so long as they keep making good platformers on the side. I plan on getting Sonic Rush very soon, as soon as I can.

Though I hope my friend at least rents Secret of the Rings, as he's getting a Wii...then I'll judge it. But thus far, it looks pretty sweet. In a way, the footage I've seen reminds me of the Special Stages from Sonic 2, but less restricted.

And I loved the Special Stages, so this is a very good thing indeed.

15. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
  16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, that's true. OCB said the same thing before Saz, so I'm positive it's correct.

17. Robjoe

Robjoe

He just looks like a basic Shadow recolor. =\ Not to mention I don't care for his name either.

18. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Ten bucks says people bitch about the name being weird (as if "Tails" or "Knuckles" isn't) despite it probably being a real name. Sounds Roman or Ancient Greek.

19. Tanks

Tanks

O thank god... secret of what ever the fuck its called woud have been the gayest name sega has ever though of! Wild fire sounded okay but the new title killed my intrest in it, as if sega was appealing only to the damn 6 year old 4 kids veiwers. I have a bad feeling that it is gonna be geared tworads little kids anyway. I like the levels though... it might still be worth buying.

20. Ergo

Ergo

HA HA! ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET! Pending Member
    North America
    pillow
    Mephiles? That's a pretty stupid name. Unless it's pronounced Meh-fee-les so that it sounds all Spanish and cool. If it's pronounced Mee-files, then that's just plain bad. Could somebody show me the right way to pronounce Mephiles if anyone knows yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.