don't click here

Sonic News

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Super, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    News on both "Sonic the Hedgehog 360" and "Sonic and the Secret Rings".

Okay, just so you all know, Sonic and the Secret Rings IS Sonic Wild Fire, just ranamed. Apparently, since the Sonic game for the Wii is loosely based on the Arabian Nights stories, Sega thought it should have a title similar to one of the stories in the book it's based on ( the story they most likely are getting the title idea from is "Ali Baba and the Forty Theives" ). Also, they changed it because Sonic's fire power is discovered in Sonic 360, and it is not called Wild Fire.

The story of Sonic and the Secret Rings seems to be a loose retelling of the book "Arabian Nights", with Sonic getting sucked into a book, and he must collect the missing pages and retell the story in order to escape ( or something like that ).

I'm pretty sure that ( aside from the name change ) not much has changed about the game. Also, note the the "Wild Fire" attack in the game has been renamed, to match Sonic's new power which he gains in Sonic 360.

The source I got about the 4th hedgehog also supplied this. It should be easy enough to find out though.

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    So they're also going to release "Sonic 360" on the PS3 still?
    ?????

And as for that Wii game, more like Doki Doki Panic amirite?

3. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    It's not changed to "Sonic the Hedgehog 360." Sega has said time and time again that it's just "Sonic the Hedgehog."

4. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    It's how the person I get my information from calls it. Sorry.

But he just related to me that Metal Sonic is rumered tomake an appearance as a boss.

5. Shade

Shade

...Gay.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Since when are rumors taken as facts here? :)

7. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Sence my last one ended up true. I'm just going on info I recieved, if its wrong, I'll be corrected, so no big deal if it is.

8. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    They should just say screw it, and call it sonic 4.

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Fire power?

I suppose the Flame Ring in SA2 is being retconned just like every single other part of the game?

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I always thought the flame move was being used because of the whole WildFire thing... Never overlook the fact that it could be a cheesy rehash though, I suppose.

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    sonic has fire powers? Ok if he ends up having fire powers I will officially disown sonic.

12. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Well, The new move is actually called 'Hellfire' ... Not very Sonic oriented, but if they put a teenage Edge on the game with out screwing it up, I'm game. Whatever the ability is, They better not make it so you need to use it to defeat (important) boss. Use it Like you would a Megaman Game, It's be easier, but you don't have to use it.

13. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    And when everyone who is a "True Sonic Fan" hates the game, we can bitch "Why did they call it Sonic 4? It's not going back to the roots at all :). Sega Suxk!"

14. Shade

Shade

I wholeheartedly concur.

15. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Sonic will collect a flashing flower and be granted firepowers.</mario>

I've been falling behind on my knowledge of new Sonic stuff. I know practically nothing nowadays.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just read about "Sonic and the Secret Rings" somewhere else and I must say this name change sucks. Thankyou.

EDIT: Oh my god, I wonder if this crappy fan-vomit-site has anything to do with the name change. MUST KILL

17. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    C'mon Sonic, now learn how to shoot lasers out of your nose! Then you can defeat Eggman FASTER!!!!!

On the plus side, ANY rumors of Metal Sonic even existing are better than none. Although I'd like to find out what happened to him after Sonic Heroes, regardless of whether he lived or died.

18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Yeah, Sega manages to continue to screw up Sonic's good reputation. It's going straight down the shitter.

SOMEONE KILL YUJI NAKA!

19. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Naka left, didn't you hear?

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    For the record, this is the same guy that leaked the character roster for Sonic Riders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.