don't click here

Sonic News

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Super, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I like how people are shitting themselves over Sonic potentially having fire powers.

It's not like he hasn't been using fire since, say SONIC 3 or something, amirite.

2. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    [​IMG]

Some people say Sonic started using the flames even before the second game. *Shot*

3. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Heh, I say we use this as evidence that Blaze will be in Sonic Next. =P

4. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    And the result, apparently, wasn't exactly the best...

5. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    You haven't played the fucking game have you? Then how do you know it wasn't for the best? Who cares if he has fire powers? I mean seriously, I can tell you Mario has done some weird shit, and it was always fun. If you want to play Sonic the Hedgehog (Next-gen) then play it. If you want to play the old games, pull out your Genesis and play them. If you don't keep an open-mind, you won't like anything new from Sonic.

6. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Hmm, I must have been misinformed, coz I read somewhere Naka was again listed in the credits...

Oh well, I'm glad he did leave then...

Firestorm wins the topic.

7. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    Firestorm wins. Going "SONIC IS DOING SOMETHING UNREALISTIC? PSHAW, FUCK THIS GAME" is fucking retarded.

Especially after everyone's been going "SONIC IS TRYING TO BE MORE REALISTIC? PSHAW, FUCK THIS GAME" in the last few games.

8. Shade

Shade

Look, I hate ultra-realism in Sonic games. The fantastical settings and stuff is what makes it awesome (See Sonic CD).

But c'mon. If Sonic starts throwing Hadoukens and stuff, won't you be the least bit offended?

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I'll only be (slightly) offended if we see Sonic and Amy participating in a hidden "Hot Hedgehog" minigame. =P

10. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    No, not really.

11. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Megaman X did it. *shot*

12. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    Wouldn't ya know, I was gonna say that, but I couldn't tell if it would be even remotely usable in this discussion x_x

13. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Well, let's compare Mega Man X to Sonic (in the next gen game) for a minute...
    They're both blue, they're both heroes, and they both represent updated (and taller) versions—separate character or otherwise—of small blue heroes who had megalomaniacal robot-obsessed scientist enemies and black doppleganger-like rivals.

For the record, I wouldn't be offended by Sonic hadokens either. Hell, they were in Sonic Advance 3 (which is relevant to the three people here who did care about Sonic Advance 3)

14. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Maybe Sonic's just got that gizmo from SA2 that allowed him to do a fireball roll thing. :P

15. Shade

Shade

So I'm the only one aside from Hez that would feel like commiting murder if Sonic ends up having fire powers akin to Blaze?

16. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I think it was when he said 'I'm gonna continue partying until I saaave the world!' where I was ready to burn things over the horrible nature of Sonic's strange changes.

Maybe if he becomes more arrogant, then, fire powers won't even bother me a tic. Nobody got angry when Mario gained a raccoon tail and the ability to fly.

17. Shade

Shade

Not a fair comparison at all. Stop comparing Sonic and Mario.

Mario has always been a more obscure series as far as settings and power ups go.

Sonic has been anthropomorphic characters set in semi-realistic settings with character specific abilities. There are limits as to how far one of those categories can go before it gets rediculous (for instance, Sonic Adventure 2's hyper-realistic Zones). Sonic having fire powers seems incredibly gay, and would detsory the character in my eyes. Not to mention it'd be unoriginal and unnescesary.

18. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Play the fucking game. I mean seriously. If it's fun, then who cares? OH MY GOD, Sonic used Chaos Emeralds to turn into Super Sonic. Was that really neccessary? No. It was damn cool though. Was it original? Maybe. I'd rather have a game that was fun, then a back to the oldschool Sonic game that just dissapointed you so-called "True Sonic Fans." But anyway, Sonic will never go back to the way he was, no matter how hard they try. Sonic Rush wasn't back to basics, and you loved it. (I know I did.) But I ramble. And I don't make much sense.

19. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

Worcester, MA
    Because Angel Island is way more realistic than the Mushroom Kingdom.

Seriously, stfu, Sonic using fire is just as "traditional" as Lightning Shields (both of which have been in almost every game since Sonic 3)

Why the fuck are you complaining? Sonic is in no way a realistic character. There is no reason to pretend he is.

20. Shade

Shade

Sonic utilizing items which temporarily lend him elemental properties is much different than the character himself turning out to have elemental powers.

It's not a matter of realistic or not. It's a matter of destroying a tried and true character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.