don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Maybe the reticle doesn't show it any further, but you can still hear the lock on sound effect and see the visual effect of adding it (even if it doesn't actually show the additional ones on the reticle itself) until it's fully charged. Just did Sky Road 4 again to confirm this, so I know I'm not remembering wrong.

2. ELS

ELS

So amidst the music and the talking and the crashing sound effects I'm supposed to notice that the sound goes "bleep, blorp bloop" 3 more times?

3. Faseeh

Faseeh

Okay so the number of animals needed to unlock Sky Road Act 4 is 1700 and I have 1923 animals. Yet the stage isn't unlocking.

Anyone else had similar issues and if you did, how did ya solve this?

4. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Did you beat Sky Road 3? Stages don't just have an animal requirement from what I could tell- they also wouldn't unlock if the stage before them was still locked.

5. Posting a few pics here of how the game runs on a Mobility Radeon HD 2600.

http://puu.sh/lbLrq/6f381e26ee.jpg
    http://puu.sh/lbLwO/266a33d2ff.jpg
    http://puu.sh/lbMGH/b5402c2dd1.jpg

Not using here because the resolution is 13MP lol
    Also sorry for low quality pics (except the last one :))[/spoiler]

Eyebrowless Sonic is freaking hilarious and derpy. :v:

Anyhow, the game doesn't go below 30 on 1280x800 which is actually pretty impressive for my '07/'08 laptop, but still, I'm quite disappointed that the rendering is completely goofed. Stuff is rendered in wrong order, some stuff is transparent when it shouldn't be and some other stuff as well. I'm assuming these are materials crapping out due to shader model of my GPU, but I think the game could run if Generations could as well (which it can btw).

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    How did early '00s Archie Sonic get in there?

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Hey, random question. Do seconds in the in-game timer run ever so slightly faster than actual seconds? I just recorded a time trial of a stage where I got 5:02.32...but the recorded video is only 5:01.30 long. That's odd on it's own, but slightly moreso considering there's about 4 seconds before the game timer even starts (about a second for loading and the 3 second countdown) and about 5 or so after the timer stops.

To confirm I watched a video of someone's recording of the Wii U version where the level timer started 8 seconds into the video (so the in-game time was 8 seconds behind the video time in a sense), and at the end when the counter stopped the in-game timer was actually 4 seconds ahead of the video time, so it seems like this is the case, even if only slightly. Never noticed it before but it's kinda odd either way, especially since the countdown was pretty much synced to the seconds passing on the video.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That reminds me of when you beat a C Mission in Sonic Adventure and the clock adds ten seconds to itself.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Actually looking back it got even more than 4 seconds ahead of the video time, but the time stopping during the boss intro let the video catch up slightly :v:

10. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    You had Fraps running, and yet you pointed a camera at your screen... :v:

11. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member

Actually, I believe he was using RadenPro. RadenPro automatically have the FPS counter in the top left corner when you run it through the program.

12. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Fraps allows you to put it in any corner, but that's not important. The point was that he could have just taken a screenshot (which you can do with RadeonPro regardless), which also isn't important. I just thought it was funny :v:

13. This game has pissed me off to the point where I'm just going to download a 100% save to screw around with Super Sonic for a bit and then never touch it again until a mod catches me eye :specialed:

14. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Alright, I've got all of my documented hatred of the entirety of Lava Mountain ready. After this all that's left is whatever hatred is garnered from going after the rest of the red rings, what whatever potential hell that hidden world has in store for me.

1. Zone 1
      • Platforms falling with no warning, dropping Sonic into instakill lava.
      • The only sure way to avoid it is to stand still after the post-boss-death reposition, but if you stand there for a second longer, the next boss lands on you.
      • The way you get the red rings in this level is running around and wasting enough time for them to spawn. What the hell.
    2. Zone 2
      • Instant kill bomb carts are bullshit (and, from what I've seen, they kill Super Sonic, which is even more idiotic).
      • Yet another level where touching the wing capsule screws you over because you get thrown into a checkpoint.
      • Could we please not put absurd precision rail jumping with insta-kill hazards between 2 annoying red rings and the next checkpoint? This isn't Unleashed where I get to keep collectibles if I die and go back.
    3. Zone 3
      • Yeah, this is the perfect place to introduce the hover wisp. Above pits of lava.
      • The multi lock-on targeted both a crab and the two springs behind it, and brilliantly decided NOT to kick the crab I was aiming at and instead send Sonic bouncing straight down into molten death.
      • A hidden spring. Coming out of what's supposed to be a lava hazard. Why.
      • Thought for a second that the caution patterns might correspond with the cannonball paths, but no, they're just spaced with seemingly no logic. I guess they're just decoration.
      • Sonic, the purple emo is just standing there like a dumbass. Why won't you lock onto him? Oh, I just have to get to the end and pull a switch that has only ever been used to light dark areas. Right.
      • There's a branch in the path and you can't see far enough ahead to know which one has the red ring, so you have to go down one of them and check. Fun.
      • Should I feel bad for cheesing that red ring wall jump section by saving my ass with the hover wisp? Because I don't.
      • They literally put the wing capsule in the way of trying to jump up the first ledge of the final 2D section. It didn't interfere with trying to get red rings, but that's still ridiculous.
    4. Zone 4
      • Nice attacks you stole from your Colors mech, Eggman. A shame they never get as interesting.
      • Wow, and I thought Zone 1 had stupid red rings. Who decided to time it so if you attack Eggman when you first get the opportunity, you'll soar right over the red ring as you hit his cockpit?
      • Not even any shift into an intense orchestral theme for the finale? You're looking less and less like a Sonic game by the minute.
      • Kind of an interesting use of the multi lock-on to go up his arm, but why no use of the kick? Or even maybe some parkour since it's a running-style boss? This could have been the final boss to any generic 3D Sonic game.
    5. Honorable mentions
      • How the hell does Tails fake a grayed out pupil in that one cutscene?
      • I still hate how completely pulled from the ass that last-second Eggman betrayal is. I still think the people behind the Sonic Boom cartoon looked at that moment and said “Yup, this is the crux of Eggman's character. Double-crossing people.”
      • Why the hell does this game call each level a “Zone”? The Zone is supposed to be the overall world, and each level is supposed to be an Act. Come on, Sonic Team, this is basic stuff.
      • Oh god there's a hidden world. I'm putting that off until I get Super Sonic.

It's a good thing I farmed for lives earlier or this would have been even more of a nightmare. :v:

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

[​IMG]

Ack!! How the fuck did you get Ron Lim Sonic?!?!

I want a mod of this now.

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I remember in the Wii U version, I made sure there was no Red Ring after I grabbed one of those so when I got, I used the wing capsule to go the next checkpoint. It's helpful for those specifically.

17. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Mildly infuriating nitpicks now I've finally played through this game and got all the red rings. This is after only playing the 3DS version 2 years ago and somehow managing to 100% that.

Can someone please explain how I'm supposed to get any enemy near enough to the bomb for the tiny explosion to actually harm them? I just end up bopping them before it explodes or the blast radius NEVER reaches the target.

And then the game has the nerve to give a mission/achievement involving blowing up 3 enemies at once with such a terrible power?

I see the power-ups have star ratings, which I assume are the strength/duration of the power-ups, but where does one get better versions? I only get the 1-star ones on the map so am I at the mercy of RNG?

The 3DS version at least gave you Tails' Workshop so you could get the better equipment, but I see no option for that here.

18. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

The only saving grace of the wing capsule is that, unlike most Super Guide features in Nintendo's games, you still get full credit for beating the level and whatever collectibles you got along the way.

EDIT:
    It looks to me like the stars actually just signify how many of an item you're carrying. I guess that's something else to add to the "unclear bullshit this game doesn't teach you about" list. Along with what the items even do. Scratch that, I now have a 1-star and a 2-star radar, so I guess that's not it. If only the game actually bothered to help the player know what was going on.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This bothered me at first too, but then I came to realise it's just awkwardly formatted. It's written like Sonic 2, with the "act" dropped. "Windy Hill Zone 1". So it's "Windy Hill Zone" number 1. Not that it really matters. If you're wondering why I chose this point out of everything in your post to pick on, it's because this is the only one that could possibly be defended.

20. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Did you forget that Sonic CD did the same thing, calling the individual acts "Zone"?