don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Remember, folks: when you capture video, always remember to turn off your PC's surround sound processing. Yeesh.

2. Faseeh

Faseeh

Strange, I received a mail saying it's on sale but maybe it just means that it's available for purchase lol.

Also strangely, I'm running Lost World a lot worse than Generations. Lost World is running at about 20fps on my system at a 1280x720 resolution which runs Generations at above at least 35 at that same resolution. Anyone else have this issue?

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Do you have an Optimus laptop?

4. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Yeah, Adventure levels wouldn't work amazingly well, but they would be fun to mess around in nonetheless. Like Azoo said, just using the Lost World's half broken mechanics is fun enough for me :v:

5. Faseeh

Faseeh

Ah no.

My set up is as follows:
    Intel i5 3450
    NVIDIA GT620 2GB

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Well, it was fun (and also frustrating at times with some time trials) but I've done pretty much everything there is to do. Now to wait for potential mods :v: Also everyone probably already realised by now, but the achievements are linked to the Omochao missions, so if anyone is wondering why an achievment hasn't come up (like Spindash for 5 seconds) it's because it wasn't an active Omochao mission. Little tip if anyone cares, Sky Road Zone ? is a good ring grinding stage for the missions requiring a lot of ring collecting, especially with Super or lightning shield.

7. ELS

ELS

I have been dying to play this since it was announced, finally did over the past 2 days and this is my least favorite Sonic game.

He controls like a tank, there's no momentum based gameplay at all.

Just... why?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Shhhhhh... we've been over this. However, to each their own. Like the game, don't like it, whatever. But since this game came out initially 2 years ago, most of the back and forth has been solidified by now. The discussion should be aimed at what we can do with this moving forward. Despite the lack of momentum, this engine really is like on giant playground. Sonic Team might have done a meh job putting the pieces together, but in time others might be able to create some genuine gold. And since the art style is simplistic it won't inherently look like ass, unlike a lot of Generations level mods.

9. ELS

ELS

You can mod levels till your face turns blue, it'd be like putting sprinkles on a flaming turd. Someone should mod the movement. There has to be a Sonic game buried in there somewhere.

10. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Which is why the Sonic Heroes discussion thread still exists, of course.

Discussion "solidified" or not, people who have just played the game for the first time have a right to express their opinion on it.

11. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

If I may, this is also the first thing we've gotten after Sega said they'd be shaping up. I think discussion is relevant. If you want to discuss modding, there's a whole other topic for Lost World modding specifically. :v:

Also, there's a beta to test a new patch: http://steamcommunity.com/app/329440/discussions/0/490125103623278010/
    Amusingly, one of the new features is to disable the LOCKED 60FPS GAMEPLAY! :specialed:

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Just like the rest of us have the right to say "please stop" when that opinion will lead to the tired old discussion of what makes a Sonic game the answer to that question is "what I want a Sonic game to be". Not everyone wants to talk in circles.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This is actually incredibly helpful for lower end GPUs/laptops. Even while using the Intel HD3000, it manages to stay around 30fps at 1080p with all settings on. That being said, even when lowering the resolution to 720p there's no as much of a framerate change as there should be (from 30fps to about 45 fps) so I wonder if the resolutions not actually changing and instead just up/downscaling might have something to do with the game's performance. Could be that it's actually using the Nvidia GPU after all, but that the performance isn't nearly as good as it could be because of the method used for having different resolutions.

14. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    From the hacking thread:

u wot m8

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sheesh, so is it a feature or a bug now? :psyduck:

16. ELS

ELS

Well m8, you see I think I misspoke with calling lost world bad as the reason I feel level/character mods are kind of a waste. It is bad, 06 is also really bad but at least 06 controls like a Sonic game and not Super Mario 3D Land as envisioned by people that don't understand fun movement.

In Sonic 06 if things were touched up a bit, controls loosened a tad, you'd have a SA type game that'd be alright and building mods would be really cool.

Lost World would need to be rewritten from scratch to control like a Sonic game. Big in SA controls more like Sonic than Sonic does in Lost World. Think about that.

I'm not usually negative with Sonic at all but this game really pushed me, Sonic Team really doesn't understand their character at all.

17. Felik

Felik

18. ELS

ELS

06 is shit, I'm not denying that. It does a hell of a lot wrong and it does treat loops as unplayable setpieces which is bad but outside of the loops the movement is much more free.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'd rather have tweaks for a game where doing parkour and Spindashing is fun over a game where nothing is fun. :v:

Also thank God for that patch they gave. Game's running at a full 60 now and I couldn't be happier about it.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Would be nice if people would stop thinking that physics are the only thing that made Sonic Sonic. Again: if that were the case then the Tribes games would be the best 3D Sonic games.