don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The main reason this trailer excites me is that now SEGA is not simply *saying* that they listen to fan feedback, but actually showing that they're taking it to heart. I can't wait to see if and how this mindset shows in aspects of the game itself beyond a CG trailer.

2. Here's all the information I can actually share from sources. Obviously since I can't cite them, you can either take it or leave it, but if you know me, you know I have some legit contacts and know what I'm talking about.

Again, take it or leave it, but it's a reliable source.

3. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    I love this stuff.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Does alternate costumes refer to Modern, Classic, etc.? That would be awesome... but I'm curious how far it can go... SA2? Heroes? '06? *shutter*

Levels from every major Sonic game sounds fine by me, its good to have confirmation :thumbsup:

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I hope remade means it takes the design, but not the level design at the same time (or revamped so much the original layout is near impossible to notice).

..Costumes? :v:

6. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    "Costumes", eh? Hmm....interesting. I'd be rather interested in seeing more info on this, and of course seeing some of the Sonic designs that'll be used.

I really dig the remade levels thing. Chemical Plant and Starlight Zone. That's all I ask (okay, Scrap Brain would be pretty awesome too).

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Not sure about Heroes, the whole team aspect of the game would be missing, and it doesn't have many memorable levels

And alternate costumes? Oh god, they are so going to put Mr. Needlemouse in there :v:

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I could get around alternate "costumes"... however I hope that doesn't erase any possible epic storyline that could be made from this. I really wish for the encounter of classic and modern Sonic to happen.

Plus I hope that doesn't mean classic Sonic will play verbatim to modern Sonic, thus playing verbatim to Unleashed. While that would be mostly fine, classic Sonic would feel somewhat out of place without his rolling and Spindash techniques. :ohdear:

+ - Also, for alternate costumes: I vote for Mr. Needlemouse, Sonicman, that realistic joke design from the SA1 dev pictures, Wentos, Ashura, and Somari =V  

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Manly tears have been shed today. I seriously can't believe how good Classic Sonic looks in 3D, it's mind blowing.
    What other games besides Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, CD, 3D Blast, Adventure, Adventure 2, Unleashed, and Colors would be considered "major?"

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    What I expected, happy to hear "several" as opposed to keeping it simply "Classic" and "Modern." Hoping for alt. characters as well, maybe even other carnations of Sonic, such as him wearing soap shoes etc.

11. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Double Super Sonic should be awesome.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Does anyone else feel like Classic Sonic looks like a mix of Sonic 2 and Sonic X-Treme?

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I think it's amazing that after constant demands for the return of Classic Sonic, SEGA have given in to the fanbase and whilst it's not Sonic 4, it's going to be something better yet appropriate at the same time.

They've done a good job on the model, keeping details faithful to the original design. If Trunks is mentioning more "models", I'd assume they would simply be a recreation of the respective game, such as Soap Shoes Sonic for Adventure 2 levels, etc.

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    You can pretty much forget about the Soap-Shoes unless SEGA actually can be bothered completely renewing that advertising deal with Soap themselves.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I was referring to it in reference to the costumes :)

Dangit. I want those shoes again as an option :(

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Alternative costumes, eh? I wonder if they'll have a Tails or Knuckles costume. :P

We know too little about how the game is even going to play or who you'll play as to guess how the costumes factor in. The simplest possible scenario we already know: Sonic is a character, and he has two costumes: Uekawa-Modern and Oshima-Classic.

17. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    You forgot Heroes. I won't mention '06 since that thing nullified itself =P

18. Costumes? Interesting...
    Is it just skins? Maybe they're gonna pull a Megaman Universe and have each iteration of Sonic a trademark move or specialty like Classic Sonic shield powers/ roll and Unleashed Sonic boost... And '06 Sonic's horrendous physics =P

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh, right. SEGA loves that game too, I wouldn't be surprised to see something from it in this game too.

Oh hey, maybe we'll see Sonic Spinball levels. Toxic Caves or Lava Powerhouse anyone?

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing some sweet Sonic 1 SMS levels. How about the handhelds? Any great stages you'd want to see reimagined in 3D? Mecha Green Hill Zone maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.