don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    White backgrounds... Alternative costumes... Don't make you think that maybe the "alternative costumes" isn't for Sonic at all?

2. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Why not? I'd love to be able to have Sonic running around in cool shades.

3. Just saw the trailer for this game. All I can say is that I can die happy. Never thought this would ever happen, but Sega has been on a winning streak ever since Sonic Colors. If this is their clever way of redeeming themselves from the misleading marketing of Sonic 4, then apology accepted!

4. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I think that the white backgrounds/everything that the Sonics WEREN'T running on was an artistic choice for the trailer. You know, to make the pop out more? If the whole scene was filled out, it would seem too busy (assuming that this is Green Hill. That area has waterfalls, plants, water everywhere) and would, in my opinion, detract from what the trailer was about (ie: CLASSIC MOTHERFUCKING SONIC AND MODERN SONIC TOGETHER). I don't think it's hinting at a customization element (as far as levels go, that is) at all.

A nice touch I noticed was that the grass they were running on, there's a strip going down the middle that looks like it's been run on a lot more than anywhere else.

5. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    Look, seeing as we have no concrete anything gameplay-wise, all I can say is.

They finally caved in to us old geezers.
    They. Cannot. Fuck. This. Up.

I don't just want classic physics, I NEED them.

6. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Well I guess it was just an artistic idea infact... It's no really a big deal, I guess that we'll have to wait to find out.

Besides, they used all the colors in the previous game. :'D

7. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

I really do not want the old design Sonic to have a voice. If he must, he should be voiced by Jun'ichi Kanemaru, but even then Kanemaru can only be allowed to speak in small, Engrish fragments.

"Don't mind!" "What?" "Nevah give up!" "Congratulation!" "Wow, good job!" "Of course!"

It's a quirky thing (at least for anyone who isn't Japanese) that could add to the classic design's character. Seeing as how Sonic was originally inspired by good ol U.S. of A. To speak only in such phrases would sort of caricature that weird spirit and patriotism. That, along with eating chili dogs (he did in S&tBN, he might do it again), would just keep adding to it.

8. gold lightning

gold lightning

I actually have things to do all day and all hell breaks loose when I'm gone?

Anyway am I the only person that was excited to see modern Sonic was keeping his unleashed design yet again? Don't get me wrong I like classic sonic more, but ever since unleashed I've actually liked the modern design as well. So in essence my two most favorite designs were shown together in that trailer.

I'm also a little bummed that there will be no wii version, but we got Colors. So if this is good I guess we are even. And if it's really good I want a pc port.

9. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    When this game launches, I hope hacking resources are devoted to cracking the model format. I'd dearly love to get my hands on the classic Sonic model.

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Sunset Park 3 will always have a special place in my heart. I never tried to imagine how it would look like in 3D, but now that you mention that, I think it would be an awesome idea.

That said, I am very, very happy to see Classic Sonic's comeback. It looks like Sega is really trying to do their best this time. Sonic 4 was a first step in the right direction, and this is even better.

11. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    My desires for stages include Windy Valley, Final Egg, Lost World, Speed Highway, Stardust Speedway, Carnival Night Zone, Lava Reef Zone, Crazy Gadget, Pyramid Cave, Metal Harbor, Final Rush, Green Forest, Hill Top Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Starlight Zone, Mystic Cave Zone , HydroCity Zone and Angel Island Zone. If none of these stages get in, I will be sad.

Also, as for the alternate costumes, it'd be funny if Classic Sonic can wear sunglasses as a homage to the OVA. I also wonder if Metal Sonic will be involved/playable? It'd be cool to see two Metal Sonic's working to defeat two Sonic's.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the same teaser is also on the anniversary website: http://sonic.sega.jp/20th/

I must have watched this thing more than 20 times now, and every time I end up with a tear in my eye. They just made Classic Sonic look so cool, so right in this.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I'll keep it alive in this thread as well, a poll featured on the Sonic Facebook page (the same one that revealed the game) about two years ago about your favorite Sonic stages though the results were never published. I tallied it up based off the comments though (as you were also asked to leave a comment besides just vote) and got these results, though they might have been a bit different from the polls, this is for general refference:

Out of EVERY stage I would want to appear, if I could choose the five I want to see the most (and not the ones most likely to appear) I would choose Lava Reef, Lost World, Ice Cap, Pyramid Cave, and Sky Deck, but that's just me.

14. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I hope they don't pull a Turtles Forever and take every possible chance to denigrate classic Sonic. If they can refrain from taking cheap shots like that, I might actually be interested.

Although I fail to see why we need yet another iteration of GHZ.

15. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Answer's pretty much in the post above yours. People want it; mob rules.

I'm interested in the long-term implications of pudgy Sonic appearing in this game. Does this mean they're actually giving some serious thought to the retro audience instead of scrawling instructions to DIMPS on a napkin? Are we going to see a dual-pronged marketing strategy with the Sonic brand with old-and-new halves, aimed at the older and younger audiences respectively?

All remains to be seen. I'm interested. :)

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Dusk Golem might be right on the spot, I remember those polls (even though I didn't vote because I disabled polls in my Facebook account), there was one for the favourite minor character as well, and if I remember correctly this might mean that we're going to get Nack the Weasel? :O

17. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Shitting crikey. Old-style Sonic in 3d DOES NOT FUCKING WORK. If I wasn't convinced that he needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history before, I certainly am now.

Seriously, he looks like a fat plastacine retard facsimilie of Modern Sonic.

Very much do not want.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Because it's THE Sonic level. While when they do other sorts of throwbacks it'd be nice to something else for a change, if they are remaking a load of stages GHZ simply has to be included.

I think that might be part of the reason they gave Classic the massive eyebrow now. It helps him work in 3D, as do the slightly reshaped ears act as a little detail without changing too much. Classic isn't designed for 3D at all though, but I still think he really, really looks brilliant. I just want to see his in game animations now though. In the trailer his legs sometime go through his body, buy maybe in gameplay they'll instead have his legs stretching, like with other rubber hose characters and this particular figurine.
    [​IMG]

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Anyone else thinking about sending some thanks to Ruby and the gang? This could very well have been a "Hey wouldn't it be cool if" idea on Sonic Team's part, but I kind of feel like if love for the old design hadn't been passed on by SOA/SOE that we might not have Classic Sonic running around in this trailer.

Either way I'm going to, couldn't hurt.

20. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    If THAT were true, we wouldn't all have been pissed off that Sonic 4 was all the old levels tropes in new graphics; as opposed to what was wanted: new level styles in old graphics.

If they pull a Splash Hill Zone one more time I think I might have to break someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.