don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    A straight port? Not exactly. But close enough. I dunno about the official devkit, but XNA uses C# and can be used to make games for both Windows 7 and Xbox 360

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Well, AFAIK 360 games are relatively easy to port to PC, shared stuff or something, I really don't know the specifics. I don't think a straight port would be out of SEGA's reach, wasn't ASR a straight port? Hell, they could even outsource the port, that can't be much worse than having SEGA do the port inhouse.

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Yeah, nobody.

Seriously, you know they aren't gonna do that, because they KNOW they'll get a lot of flack for it.

4. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    Of course they'll do, but people will get used to it anyway. I seriously doubt that Sega won't put any VA inside a main Sonic game.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    I guess you don't consider Sonic 4 a main Sonic game.

They know if they even give this Sonic minimal voice work (like a hurt sound), they wouldn't hear the end of it.

6. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    About Sonic 4, well.... anyway. I'm refering to main console games. When Colors came out, a website claimed that the game didn't have ANY voice acting, and we all know Roger Craig Smith now. I really doubt about the classic Sonic lacking of VA.

7. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I hate to be that guy but I for one would think it would be kind of a novelty to have Ryan Drummond voice classic Sonic. Not because "Ryan needs to return because the games suck without him!", but because he is a generally loved Sonic VA and it would be surreal to have him along side Smith. As much as I don't like Smith, It would be a great contrast between voices.

8. messyb

messyb

JJ
    Australia
    Game and anime reviews, Untitled visual novel project
    I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet idea, though it would make more sense to use a VA who played Sonic in his classic form, like Martin Burke or Jaleel White. I mean, if a fan film could get Jaleel White then surely Sega could right?

This is all VERY unlikely though.

9. I'm actually rather curious as to whether or not the Classic Sonic model is a "character" unto himself, or if he's actually just a new skin for the Modern Sonic, kinda like what people thought of back when Sonic 4 was coming out.

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I wouldn't mind Jaleel White as classic Sonic. At the very least, it'd be giving him decent work so he doesn't have to do another Mega Shark VS Crocosaurus.

If they're really inclined to include Drummond for some reason, then Adventure-era Sonic could be another alternate costume.

11. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    That alone would be awesome. The idea of having the alternate Sonic's from across the franchise sounds intresting.

Wait....

Archie and Underground....

12. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

White backgrounds........there is artistic license and then there is just being cheap.

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Why do people hate on the Archie comics so much? The storyline is at least 400% better than that of the games.

14. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    [​IMG]

King Sonic.....yeahhh....

I believe this is going a bit too much off topic though. I for one hope that Classic Sonic doesn't contain any sort of boosting abilities.

15. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Then let us continue this discussion in the Archie Comics Megathread.

16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    What is 400 times 1/1,000,000,000,000?

Exactly.

This is not something you want to brag about- and the games have an excuse; the comics don't.

17. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Costumes? Well, if I wanted to name off any retro Sonic costume I want it has to be the sawfin Dic design.

Come on now. That would be a great source of hilarity while you're popping Badniks.

18. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    It's just me who is thinking on a Marvel Comicbook Storyline? I mean, something like Eggman (the Next-Gen) creates some sorta of device to another dimension (for whatsoever purpose) and our green eyesh friend gotta save that world. But, surprise surprise, in this dimension Eggman encounters with Dr. Robotnik (himself of another generation) and our two blue friends gotta stop 'em two.

Can it be that awesome?

19. Perfect Chaos Zero

Perfect Chaos Zero

Notoriously Inebriated Oldbie
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind Jaleel White either, but what I'm surprised at (unless I didn't read the topic well enough?) is that no one's mentioned the possibility of Martin Burke yet. I mean, yeah, sure, he's botched more than a few sonic lines but he's also had some pretty good moments. Maybe with the right voice direction he'd be a good match up with Smith if they want to avoid "Erkel Sonic" and go with.... lessErkel Sonic.

I'm sure you all remember this bit.

(P.S. lawl)

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    Makes me wonder who they would get to voice UK Sonic.

I still say they're hinting towards a customization element.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.