don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member

No. This is the game you stop to play at the department store displays when you ARE five. Regardless. I have a small amount of hope for it, despite my language towards the game, because as long as the gameplay isn't bad, it has an enjoyable play formula, and its void of glitches, I am sure I can have a bit of fun with it. I mean hell. I enjoy Sonic Shuffle unlike 90%+ of the Sonic Retro goers here. D:

2. I agree. I just want a normal Sonic game... First a werewolf, now Sonic with a SWORD?

I'm starting to think Sonic Team is either stupid, or is purposefully trying to damage Sonic's already bad reputation.

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    This looks and sounds extremely generic, oh well. Unleashed ftw, if it's good at least.

4. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
  5. Jeiku

Jeiku

I don't know, I'm indifferent if this game actually comes up with unique ways for Sonic to use a sword... but using it to descend a wall? Sonic has always just dashed down them without a second thought. I can't really think of a proper reason Sonic would ever want to do that.

6. Well those screen shots look... incredibly dumb!

And...
    [​IMG]
    LOL AT CHAO FAIRIES.

Looks like "The Legend of Zelda: Sonic the Hedgehog"

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It looks like yet another game that might be good if it wasn't supposed to be a Sonic game.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Gee guys, this sounds like another game we all love so very, very much.

9. Yeah, I agree with you there.

Why must they make Sonic do all this crazy shit when they could just create a new character and make it into a different, seperate series? Oh yeah, probably because so many people will buy anything with Sonic's face on it.

10. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Shinobi is close enough to this to work... But when was the last time Sega made a new IP? iirc, it was either F"eel the Magic" or Yakuza.

11. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Smells like Oblivion combined with The Legend of Zelda.

Amen to that. At least it will be playable

All right, from this day on I'll never say something against the Werehog, because I'm afraid that the next year SEGA will come out with an even worst concept than this.

12. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
  13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

BANDWITH LIMIT NOT EXCEEDED

Do I deserve to be shot for liking the look of this game and the fact that Shadow is playable? I mean, I would like to see less of him but the concept is so up his and Knuckles' street. (Well about as up their street as you get with it being a Sonic game.)

14. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    "This time, a sorceress named Merlina summons Sonic to the mythical realm of King Arthur"

Talk about cheesy clichés!

"his sword, a talking blade named Calibur, serves as a mentor."

[​IMG]

15. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    This made me lol.

Why am I reminded of the original White Power Ranger?

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    [​IMG]

In half of these it looks like he doesn't even know how to hold a sword.

17. Guy Lone

Guy Lone

You're right, what they've shown so far looks completely boring. Just compare this with SatSR, you'd expect SatSR to have a "desert level" since it takes place in the Arabian Nights but if you think about it there is no real "desert level". You have the oasis which combines desert, lake, underground, and town sequences and the dinosaur level which combines desert, swamp, and jungle sequences. Sega had the good taste not to jump straight into the mundane in that game and when they did take the obvious route they matched it with its opposite theme to make it interesting. Here they're just like "Castle Level! Castle Level! This game needs a Castle Level!"

18. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    As someone who has taken some sword combat training, I agree. While grinding, he should be holding the sword in the direction in that screenshot, but his hand should be turned over it, not under it. Also, while it is in the right direction, he should be holding it more level to escape air resistance that would cause a clumsy stiffness, making it difficult to start an attack should he need to on a second's notice.

But yeah, it looks like this is some sort of Secret Rings sequel for sure now, if he's getting dragged to King Arthur's. I don't like the concept of gold rings in burlap sacks, and maybe giving him magical spells and tomes is going too far. Sonic with a sword I like, but Sonic the Sorcerer? No. Don't give him spells and tomes and such. If anyone does that, it should be Amy, maybe even Silver. I dunno.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    .............shit gets worse and worse. A talking sword? What is this, FLUDD?

I have been positive about Heroes before release, about Shadow before release, about StH before release, and about even Wildfire before release.

This one.... I just can't seriously entertain the notion this could be good. Much like Guitar Hero DS, I'd only consider picking this one up if it was in a bargain bucket, right now.

20. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This game is getting worse by the day. Whoever has these ideas for Sonic games should be hanged in public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.