don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I thought the same thing too when I first saw the cover. It looked like the White Ranger's sword.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Saba, summon the White Tiger Zord!

[​IMG]

3. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Power rangers! I was already too old to watch that stuff, but still did a few times to see what all the fuss was about.
    Go green ranger go!

4. Tenniru

Tenniru

Duty Now For The Future Oldbie
    The premise is silly. However, I have long since lost my sensitivity to that kind of junk (note how much I like Shadow the Hedgehog, which is to say a lot). So far, descriptions of the gameplay seem promising. Nunchuck (no more horrible tilting), more characters (shadow gets a crossbow lolz?), and what seems like useful jumping seems fun.

5. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    SPOILER: Shadow is the Black Knight.

6. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Oh, I don't think it really looks like it at all—Saba was more of a scimitar as I recall. But I think this is the first time I've seen a talking sword since Power Rangers.

7. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    There was a talking sword in the Earthworm Jim animated series, and Dave the Barbarian

8. Wow! A talking sword! ........I think someone at Sega is on some mean kind of drugs.

"It's brilliant - Sonic with a sword - oh, but the sword - IT TALKS!"

9. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    You guys act likes its going to pick up a mouth and speak. For all you know, it's just a soul in the sword that talks through telekinesis. Give me a break guys, you don't even know how it works yet and you are bashing the little details.

10. Sol

Sol

Your local neighborhood... something. Member
    Texas, US of A
    Waiting for my PS3.
    I... actually like the looks of it so far. I also enjoy the little Chao fairies. And I now like the talking sword concept just because you guys linked it with Saba. :B

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The fact that it's Sonic with a talking sword, I think is the thing that bothers everyone. So far it looks more like a fast prince of persia game than a Sonic game.

I don't really care though, I stoped playing sonic games after Sonic Heroes. (actually, I did play Rush...) I don't plan on buying them anymore because they have become games that I just don't enjoy playing.

12. What do you expect Sega to do for a wii specific game? Sonic and the giant baseball bat? Give them a break. they're not doing every game for sonic fans, they're doing it for 'family' people, kinda like the fgt mini games in secret rings.

Code (Text):
    1. - Developed by the same team as Sonic and the Secret Rings
    3. ...
    5. - "Uses a similar storybook device as Sonic and the Secret Rings."
    ...Go figure >_>

13. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I don't know about the rest of you but my family would love to play a game with a god damn talking sword.

14. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Didn't excaliber sing or resonate or some such in the stories?

15. Vangar

Vangar

This is how shocking games like that are for families. My brother bought me Sonic and the Secret Rings for my birthday, me being 19, him being 17. He thought I'd like it because I've been such a Sonic fan.

I began to play it. Sonic moves by himself. I joked that Sonic would become this, and now its a reality. This is what I did.

I sat the controller down on a pillow and the game played itself. I had to flick it a few times when Sonic got stuck but otherwise he ran into the ring curves perfectly as well. When it came time to move him side to side I just held the remote sideways with one finger and continued to watch. My mother was watching me at the time, and we all agreed that we had to take it back.

I can't even make that shit up. The game is that bad I can't consider it a game, it's a god damn interactive movie.

16. Machenstein

Machenstein

17. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Anthropomorphic animals.

That is all.

18. Full NP scan, but I don't think there's anything new than what was already relayed...

Page 1 - Render Art
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6

19. Otherguy

Otherguy

It almost sounds like they're making and elder scrolls game out of this.

20. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I thought this quote was funny:
    This game is confusing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.