don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Even he doesn't think they're good ;P

Nah, Crush 40 are OK and they've done some nice tunes, but the problem is the majority of their songs all sound the same. There's never any wildly different takes on anything, or different styles.

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I don't like his voice. It's really cheesy.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Considering the games Crush 40's been present in, the cheesiness of the group complemented well with how cheesy those games were too. Black Knight is no exception.

4. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Nah, it's just that his vocabulary gets narrowed to little more than excessive cursing when he gets a little too "into it."

Kind of like Ali Tabatabee from Zebrahead, only Johnny has enough self control to not put the cursing directly into his lyrics.

5. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    Cheesy? Cheesy? Sonic is the king of aural cheese, and it's been that way practically from the get-go! Embrace the cheese man! Embrace it! It's some good cheese....

Sonic is a franchise, whose aural origins stem from a J-pop artist who used some of his own group's tunes as the inspiration for some of Sonic's earliest songs... even later bringing on AKON, of all artists, to remix one of those songs....

Sonic is a franchise, alleged to have included Michael Jackson as a participant in the musical compositions of one of its more well-regarded sequels, an allegation that's been backed by some intriguing evidence and some verbal tap dancing by Yuji Naka when finally asked about it....

Sonic is a franchise, whose first experience with lyrical music (in the U.S.) was a trio of ladies singing "Sonic Boom! Sonic Boom! Trouble keeps you running faster/Save the planet from disaster..."

Sonic is a franchise, that went on from that landmark to Richard Jacques and T.J. Davis coming together to birth the lovably oddball soundtrack of Sonic R...

... And yet the metal vocalist whose career highlight was a cult album with Journey's guitarist is the one you consider to be intolerably cheesy?

But if you honestly don't like him, then, as Ashram says, don't listen.

That was quoted from his "Live at the Gods" concert in 2003. IIRC, the sound system at that concert was going haywire, and Johnny said that offhand to voice his frustration with it. It did sound really shitty. "Live at the Gods" was not a good album.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I did try a while ago but no luck with youtube and other websites, if I can grab the game real cheap on ebay or something I will do so, because I would love to play it again after all these years.

7. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Why not just download a ripped one? Then you can grab the songs.

8. I have all of Black Dawn's music ripped from its original redbook audio. I could send it in a rar file and put it up somewhere if you guys want to make comparisons.

(Oddly enough I have Black Dawn credited by Todd Dennis, a prolific Interplay and Virgin Interactive composer...)

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Because it's nice to own things, plus why don't you download and rip :eng101:

10. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The guys who made the good Let's Play of Sonic 06 are doing one of this game now. They just got through doing Sonic Unleashed.

11. Yeah, I was gonna say. I didn't make that high-quality .mp3 rip of the Black Knight soundtracks for nothing. :P

12. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!

That scared the hell out of me. :psyduck:

I've seen about 2 or 3 playthroughs of this game, but I still enjoy them. Thanks!

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Still looks as bad as ever.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Which only makes the LP better!

15. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I really liked 06 plathrough, Unleashed, there was some parts I kindly disagree and though they were grabbing at straws to hate, though I was surprised they didn't threw a bitchfest over the infinite enemy spawn room in Eggmanland. Still looking forward to their LP though, they're always funny and entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.