don't click here

Sonic Advance 2 proto, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    A lot of sellers don't have the means to test stuff like this. Also if they did have a way to test it, unless they are a Sonic fan, they wouldn't be able to tell if it's different or not without dumping the cart and comparing it.

2. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It is, I was simply screwed with artificial lighting and a crappy digital camera.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    "Checking" for this stuff usually requires the use of a ROM dumper for 100% confirmation, something that people who own these do not appear to often have, else I'm sure they'd check themselves before even offering them up for sale.

4. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    And to prove this point, we still have one other Sonic Advance prototype waiting to be posted. Like the Sonic Advance 2 game, there was no way of finding out what was in this one until it was acquired and dumped.

Hopefully it'll be up by Saturday if not Sunday as I'm not able to get online very easily during the end of week.

5. Tanks

Tanks

Wait, what? When did this happen?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Interesting stuff, isn't it? =P Looking forward to seeing it, Orenge!

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    There was an ex-Sega dev selling off stuff, including a Sonic Advance cart. Kudos to Orengefox for buying it.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    A Sonic Advance 1 proto? Cool, I hope it still has the debug coordinates that were so similar to the MD Sonics' (as seen in early screens).

Shame about the SA2 proto being final... =\

9. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    SA1 proto? Yes. Hopefully it'll contain something interesting.

10. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Just to clear something up, this particular build seems to be relatively close to the final. However, there are some strange bugs which includes certain things not functioning right. There is something different about this build no doubt which is enough to peak one's interest. Here's hoping there's more to it. I've not had a thorough look through but managed to find a few oddities through normal gameplay which I'll elaborate on when it's released.

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Wow, really? Sonic Advance 1 is very free from bugs. I used to play Advance 1 like crazy, to compare it to the S2HD TD, since I knew where to easily trigger bugs. But because Sonic Advance 1 isn't built from the original, and uses "own" less impressive and lower quality techniques, it still has very little bugs! So if you find bugs just by playing normally, it may be earlier prototype than you'll give credits for.

If there are any oddities, I will find them.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It's good to see more and more protos released. Sadly this time I couldn't donate because I'm very low on money (it's been MONTHS since the last time I had a job), but hopefully I'll manage to earn something by the time something else is found. Still hoping for a Sonic 1 proto eventually :v:

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Advance 1 proto? Now that is much more interesting to me than any Advance 2 proto.

looking forward to this.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well this topic just repeaked my interests. an SADV1 beta huh? thats good, we have been needing more SADV1 stuff.

15. Tanks

Tanks

It's Saturday. Anything on the dump status? I wanna not feel bad about my $60 loss. :(

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    You donated $60? Damn that was nice of you. o_O

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Aww, I would have kindly paid in part for the Sadv1 proto. Kinda bites to know it sounds only like a buggier version of the final, though.

18. Tanks

Tanks

Well $60 to the SAdv2 one. Just the same, this baby will fill that void real quick even if I didn't specifically contribute to it. :P

19. I know this is an uber late bump, but any news? I'm still interested myself. :|

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    o_O

I could have swore it was dumped and it was close to the final or something...Or was that a Rush proto?