don't click here

Sonic Advance 2 proto, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

I just sent my $10, and I don't think there will be any updates for a while. All the money has to be gathered first, the proto has to be purchased, shipped, and finally, dumped.

2. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    $10 USD sent. Hope the prototype's worth it. =)

3. Tanks

Tanks

How're we doing money-wise here?

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Paypal is going to eat $3.20 of my contribution, so pitching in a little extra will be nice EDIT: Managed to make it eat only $.04 of my contribution, which is amazingly good for Paypal!

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Still waiting for the money to transfer from my bank account.

6. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I have received most of the $250 (there's about $20 left but I have assurances it will be / was sent). I will transfer the money to the seller now.

Any extra money will cover the shipping and my paypal fees.

Thanks to everyone.

7. Tanks

Tanks

Who've we got dumping this again? I mean, technically it can be anyone with a DS and a proper flashcart, but if they have some proper dumping tools that would totally be preferable...

8. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    He said Techokami a few posts back.

Thanks to everyone for chipping in. I mentioned in another thread that Sonic Advance 2 was one of the most recent Sonic games I've seriously played, and I liked it. I still wish I can donate money, but once this school semester is over I'll definitely get a job so I can =P Here's hoping the prototype has anything of note, regardless of how expected it is!

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Aw, it's already been reached? That's great, but I don't want to go back on my word. I'll still chip in some cash for you, drx.

10. Alright, let's hope this prototype is worth everyone's money. Still got my fingers crossed for that supposed Leaf Forest beta music.

11. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    drx, when the proto is shipped, I want a friggin' tracking number.

12. If this was in a month, and things had been settled, I'd have bought the thing myself. I hope it's significantly different in any way, and I'll be stoked.

13. This sounds like this might be a fun rom to play, though I am sorry that I didn't donate. The fact that I haven't been able to login for quite awhile because my computer was dying on me. So I just spent about $500 dollars buying parts to rebuild my computer. Not too happy about that. I went a little off topic there ,sorry. Well its great to be back!

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    On the contrary, this game's design went on to become the franchise's primary gameplay flaw.

15. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Techokami has received the cart and he'll upload the ROM soon.

16. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    [​IMG]
    Download the ROM here!

it's nearly the same as the final :( but there might be some goodies in the overdump, which was from the unused space on the 32MB cart

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I wonder how close that build was to the build that had that mystery song in it.

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    :(

That was sad indeed.

EDIT:
    Well, thank you drx, the donators, and Techokami for all your hard work! Finding a Sonic Advance 2 prototype is of high value to me, and this was clearly a good try! :)

19. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    That's unfortunate. I wonder if there's any leftovers from a previous build in the overdump.

20. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    ugh I compared the two, I was wrong about the overdump, it's just generic padding, we got a copy of the final Advance 2 (U) here :( :(