don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I would like to actually be surprised for once and see an rare trope for the first stage. I most likely will not buy this game if the first stage is revealed to be another Green Emerald Palmtree Hill Zone. As for the boss, it would be awesome if the accompanying stage was a half-mechanized, semi-organic forest; there are many interesting possibilities there.

2. The Parasprite

The Parasprite

Sonic Rewind
    Wow, that looks amazing! I can't wait to see how it attacks. I didn't even know today was hedgehog day... I feel ashamed.

3. Huh...so no trailer...

...but the Boss concept is actually a surprise! Shows they aren't rehashing bosses.

Still would like some actual footage though, SEGA. Don't make us wait long.

4. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    I'm thinking that the glimpse of the pillars we got on the Sonic 4 Ep 2 comic would most likely be where you would face that boss. I was thinking a Marble Zone-esque level, but after seeing that concept art I'm thinking that we may be getting an Aquatic Ruin inspired zone. Who knows though; guess we just have to wait!

5. Lambda

Lambda

I'm really digging that boss! Is it somewhat reminicient of the Egg Viper? Yeah, but it's still quite different and it looks menacing and cool! Can't wait to see what the levels actually look like, and hear what the music sounds like. Of course, the physics are the big question mark...

6. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Okay, that boss is actually a major improvement.

7. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    I'm totally digging that boss design, it looks great.

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Enough of the fucking concept art. Show us this pile of dog shit already.

I kid, I just had to get my jollies again after how long it's been since I've posted so negatively. I'm not that keen on the boss design, I need to see it in motion before I actually decide I like it.

9. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    I think the boss design in general looks fantastic, very different for "classic Sonic". but I myself am disappointed that no trailer was shown...WTF Sega, we want to see what Sonic 4 Episode 4 contains!

Also, sorry in advance for any errors in this message, im drunk atm, lol.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Looks to me like the kind of Dimps boss that Sonic runs in circles around, waiting for it to attack and then for the weak point to get in his way.

....Which might not be necessarily a bad thing, I just hope they don't do that with more than one boss.

11. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Didn't the Rush games and the first Rivals game start off in a jungle, though?

12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Both Rush games, yes. Rivals 1; and this is a technicality; is a forest, although one that uses the GHZ chequerboard pattern.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, technically Sonic 4 Ep 2 is starting off at level 5. So I guess a jungle might make sense, but the first level trope isn't as essential since this game is a part 2. Hell it could start off in the snow for all we know.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    New post because it's new post worthy.

So it's concept art friday, which means that we get concept art. Today's entry on the sega blog is Scarabesque

[​IMG]

Some kinda spider thing. I'm guessing this guy will push a ball towards you, kinda like roller, only he just pushes a ball. I don't recall any enemy that had that type of behavior. So now we have a spider, a boar, and seal, and the Serpentleaf. Jungle zone pretty much confirmed, 3 of the 4 things mentioned just scream jungle

Facebook on the otherhand gives us an old favorite from Sandopolis zone, Sandworm. But before you go baww rehash, they did at least redesign it (Sandworm was rehash of caterkiller anyway)

[​IMG]

15. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Desert level anyone?

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    It looks more like a Dung Beetle...

Now they're really rolling with this s**t :v:

<ahem> Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I must say, I'm LOVING these new badniks :3

17. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    And Sandworm. [​IMG]

So yeah, desert level confirmed.

Edit: inb4 http://info.sonicretro.org/Sandworm

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm really liking these enemy and boss designs, they're very creative and fun looking.

19. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    As cool as these are, I wanna see them in motion already. I really wonder who thought that doing this whole "show as little as possible of actual game content" strategy would be a good idea the second time around; it's kinda like they lack confidence to show anything of.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hmm, if the badniks are anything to go by we have a jungle level, a snow/ice/water level, and a desert level. The ignored tropes of Sonic Generations and Sonic 4 Ep 1. How fun. Last level is probably stardust speedway rehash due to Metal Sonic.

Also 7 pieces of concept art now? Can we at least have level concept art (I do not mean flowers or trees btw, like I want the type of stuff that they showed off in Generations)