Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... This is the best news I've heard all day.

EDIT: Liar, that says Crush 40 has no plans on working on Sonic games currently, it doesn't say Jun isn't working on Sonic 4. While Jun is part of Crush 40, he works on stuff without them all the time. Generations for example

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Nope, that is Senoue's personal twitter, look on the description:

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh, that's confusing. Well if he's not working on Ep 2, then praise the lord. I want some Sonic Colors/Generations/Unleashed styled tunes in my Sonic 4. Modern with a retro vibe. Best of both worlds... if done properly.

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzTh1YLxF0[/youtube]

Like this.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I did quite enjoy Seaside hill classic, which is funny cause I hated the original. But it's a better attempt at classic sounding music then Sonic 4's orchestral masterpieces were.

Funny at the same time cause originally Jun did the song, but then here comes Richard Jacques to fix his mistakes.

However I wasn't thinking of that example at the time I was thinking of Crisis City modern and classic. But the classic remixes in the game are a pretty good example of making the older songs sound modern and classic at the same time.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I guess I'm the only one who quite liked SOnic 4 OST, some problems I have with are the drums are bad quality (you can grab the originals from a TRT626 Drum Kit!) and the loops are way too short...

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Problem was when they remade a song for the game that already existed, then it really shows how it sounds like ass. Take for example the Sonic 3 1 up jingle and the act clear song. They already sounded fine. Now they sound terrible thanks to the instruments. The songs themselves might not be too bad, but the instrumentation ruins everything.

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    You're not the only one. I happened to like that game's soundtrack, as well, don't think it's nearly as terrible as many people say.

9. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    No, you surely isn't the only one. Episode 1's soundtrack looks... OK. I didn''t see any awesomeness in this OST. Specially for the instruments that they choose, like Dark Sonic said. In my viewpoint the songs from this game doesn't sounds like Genesis, also they obviously don't remember the songs contained on their chronological predecessors Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. The way that these songs were made was a completely waste of hardware's engine. But the melodies themselves aren't too bad at all.

One of the most worst points in the soundtrack of Episode 1 were the songs wich has very short melodies. And we know that differently of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in the past, the team involved with Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 had a lot of time to work on a decent soundtrack and we can't compare the Sonic 2's music melodies with the Sonic 4 Ep.1's one because Sonic 2 obviously has better music. And I'm not only talking about instrument selecion or instrument quality, I'm talking about the songs themselves. These short melody loops were one of the main worst points in the Episode 1's soundtrack then I completely agree with you, dude.

I didn't liked it so much, but we can see that this OST isn't bad at all. It was a good try, at least. So we can expect better songs in Episode 2, I think.

10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    No trailer for you today, tee-hee.
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/02/02/happy-hedgehog-day-2012/

gotta say that eggman boss concept looks awesome!

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh, wow.

Consider me excited! Hyped---no.

Looking good!

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While ticked off about the lack of anything real I gotta say that boss looks fucking incredible. We went from Sonic 1 and 2 rehash of some rather crappy fights to this. Amazing.

Also this better mean some new boss music. I don't want to fight something this awesome looking to Eggman's Autistic Carnival

13. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Something original? Nice! Loving the design of the Egg Serpentleaf.

Does this mean there may be a jungle level, since this is a plant-themed boss?

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That boss concept is really quite cool, but uh.. meh. I'm not too excited by it to tell the truth. I was really hoping we'd get something more interesting today.

On the subject of music. Cash Cash should have composed for E1. Even though E1 wasn't 16bit, this mix of 'Party In Your Bedroom' is better than what Jun came out with.

15. Might just be the lack of detail on the model (as evidenced by the solid red shirt), but that looks a lot like classic Robotnik. I wonder if Generations taught them something (or if I'm just seeing things and thinking wishfully).

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Love the design, but all it does is remind me of Egg Viper, which leaves me expecting that he's going to be shooting out the plant equivalent of Bubbles to homing attack chain up to the cockpit. Bonus points for if he says "See if you can make it through here, Sonic!"

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^I'll allow that. "See if you can make it through here Sonic" and "Ah, he's not going to get away with this!" must be used again. Only those two voice clips though, no rerecording.

Oh ya no googles either. Unfortunately though, you're just thinking wishfully.

18. MastaSys

MastaSys

Basically the details that makes Eggman Eggman, red clothes mustache and glasses, doesn't mean anything about the era of the design and considering the logo itself... It's like the sonic doodles that appear now and then in concept art, it's just (ironically) details that aren't that important since they were drawn over and over in the past.

The boss itself is tottaly new material for me, shows that at least the bosses have different aproches of Epi 1, and that for me it's a +(plus) point.

(just occurred that Sega showed us a concept art of a flower again, oh Sega... u funny)

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    You guys forgot the epic "Get a load of this!" that Robotnik says when release his laser from the Egg Viper. Heh

Yeah, this art looks really brilliant. I can't wait to see how this boss is planned to act against Sonic. Its art is fantastic, but the plant idea kinda show some kind of boss from the first zone (wich is usually islands, hills or forests).

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    But not jungle though. Jungle is often middle of the line (Except for Angel Island) in most games. Also since Ep 1 was intro to the world, the first stage trope isn't that important this time around.