don't click here

Sonic 1 Brother Trouble

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MarkeyJester, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    All I can say is lose the Emerald Hill music, and other than that it's a pretty neat hack.

I look forward to the next release.

2. Master3k

Master3k

I don't have a problem with the EHZ music, myself. This is fucking awesome, btw.

I fail at waiting another release D=

3. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I also like the EHZ music, but perhaps it could be further improved if there was a slight variation to the EHZ song with each act, kind of like the one used in the overworld map.

Perhaps if you asked Thorn, who is working on Sonic 2 Retro Remix, he might lend you his variation of the Emerald Hill theme.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    well the actual zone itself is based on GHZ & EHZ mixed with other graphics from other sonic games and some custom designs (I.e. the Palm Tree), it just seemed (at the time) the most obvious tune to use, if you had a better tune to recommend then I'm all ears, but just to be clear I like the EHZ music.

5. I forgot about this at the time...but since when was 3 (soon to be 5) characters too many? Sonic heroes had like...what...12 characters? SA2 had 6, SA had 6 as well. So how is 5 characters too many? Not to mention they each have somewhat different styles of gameplay (Kinda like SA)

6. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    The only character with a decent amount of levels in SA was Sonic =/ Also in Megamix it's worse because all characters share the exact same levels. It's simply hard to make levels that them all fit for five different gameplay styles - and even then the differences lie mainly in the special ability, which aren't crucial to go through the game at all. This was actually a major pitfall in Sonic Heroes, the fact that three of the four teams literally had the exact same gameplay (with just the start and ending points changed) and therefor it was like playing the same game three times with a different skin in each time.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If you're taking some ideas for EHZ music replacement, how about Palmtree Panic Good Future from the Japanese Sonic CD?

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Hmm, I'll give it a shot (Provided I can find the correct voices to make it)

9. Well, I know that, but if you played Megamix'd styled, you'd have different abilities, and anyways, I was just saying that Megamix does not have too many characters at all.

10. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Talk to Eduardo Knuckles about voices and the like, he is really good at music (Hell, He has made and is making a few tracks for my own hack).

11. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    If you want, I can send you my Super Voice Pack.

EDIT: I didn't make a post in here? Did I? Well, I guess I didn't.
    The hack is very awesome all-around. The music is great, the graphics are great, and the hack is all-around awesome.

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    yes please, that will be helpful

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually that music works better than I thought it would with your level. What's crucial though is that you edit the ending of the song so that it loops well. Sonic CD had some pretty awful in game song looping.

14. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    How the hell could I've been ignoring this hack for so long?
    I just gave a try today and seriously, it's fantastic!

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, hats off to you, DrxInsanity

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Bump.

Finally got around to Sonic 1 Brother Trouble, but I only covered the basics—if anyone wants to expand, feel free.

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    S1 Bro-Tro has it's own wiki now? awww, thanks Scarred Sun, that's awesome =D

17. Master3k

Master3k

Now that this has been bumped...anything new, you wouldn't mind telling us, MarkeyJester?

Also, I think I'll create a page for SECA when I release the next version (should not be soon, though)

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Yeah I can't see why not, here you go... "oh look, a new level" (how predictable of MarkeyJester right? =P).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. c1owd

c1owd

Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member
    Whoa, this hack is getting better and better everytime! Nice work Markey! ;)

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Is that the sound test backdrop from Ristar I see in the background? ;)

Great stuff! Brilliantly solid looking level—looking forward to playing through it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.