don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Telstar

Telstar

CA, USA
    Sonic 2 Resomething
    I like those shades, it gives it a "heaven" look (when combined with the pink/purple, of course).

2. I get what you mean. I didn't think the pillars should be entirely red/brown, but just reflecting a bit of those colors, which are all around. Maybe a small gradient in one of the sides only or something, but it should mostly retain it's own color. I'm just tossing out ideas... that might indeed not turn out well at all.

3. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    New Labyrinth Zone palette:
    [​IMG]
    <hr>
    [​IMG](I got hit :v: )
    <hr>
    Comments and criticism welcome.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Keep that, it's nice.

5. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    what's the dealio with all these pallete hacks?
    GasparXR; Try making the underwater parts less saturated.

6. If that didn't look almost identical to Dire Dire Docks from Ninekos hack, soniNeko, I'd rather like that.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    [​IMG]

In before déjà vu.

8. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Fux. :psyduck:

*fixes*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    LOW QUALITY SCREENSHOT TIEM!
    [​IMG]

10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Marble Zone?

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Yes, though nowhere near the original yet =P

12. Skaarg

Skaarg

[​IMG]
    Same foreground pretty much. :psyduck:

PsychoSk8r, that is looking like it will be very awesome very soon.

13. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
  14. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Happy birthday to me! <a href='index.php?showtopic=11148'>Like last year</a>, I have decided give everybody else a gift. Also like last year, the gift is a shitty sonic hack I threw together over the course of an hour or something using tools other people designed!

VERY WIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLfFkiLq4DU

Right, so! With the release of tools which permit easy hacking of Sonic CD, I decided to try porting Sonic 1 over to Sonic CD.

I quickly realized that this was way more complex than first thought. So instead, I'll port the level art and shit like that, and then do custom layouts.

Here, you can see me playing through Act 1 of Green Hill Panic Round/Zone. Everything before the loop-de-loop (starting area aside) IS the default level layout from Green Hill Zone, sans object placement (which still uses the Palmtree Panic Round object layouts.

I eventually gave up making regular GHZ 1 fit because there isn't a way (I know of) to edit where the screen locks (aside from directly editing MMDs which I'm not going to do).

This is the end result of perhaps twenty minutes of work (basically, I copied over the files from a Sonic 1 disassembly) and did whatever editing I needed to to make the level completable.

Obvious work which needs to be done:
    *Use a properly combined 8x8ghz.bin - I just used 8x8ghz1.bin just to get shit working.
    *Fix the backgrounds.
    *Fix the object layout - this will take the most work up-front just in figuring out which object number controls whatever object. Once I've got that done, everything else should be easy enough.
    *Custom level layout - This comes last because I can't design a level without identifying the objects and having the artwork required to see it.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You're replacing one of the only good level in Sonic CD with Marble Zone D:

Why don't you get rid of one that sucks like Wacky Workbench.

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

Birmingham, UK
    Because I couldn't be arsed to play through to get to that point. =P

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that seems to be a fair explanation.

18. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAPgQ_PARso

More updates! Palmtree Panic is radioactive! I still have to fix the palette. But I've mostly figured out the objects for Palmtree Panic, and I've got the art more-or-less imported. Act 1 and Act 3 can be completed now! Act 2 could be completed if I actually bothered to add the end signpost (and figure out where the end of level is.

What's left before I'll consider Palmtree Hill (or whatever I'm calling this zone) done: (in order)
    *Finish tweaking the level layouts.
    *Object placement.
    *Fix palette.

I will note that I am stumped as to how I fix the palette. I can see what needs to be done (swap the last four colors on palette line three with the four colors which immediately precede them.) I just don't know HOW to do that (and make the art recognize the swapping of the palette entries and draw correctly)

Also, the Green Hill Zone background art is not going to cut it. I'll just have to put the Palmtree Panic art back in for the BG.

19. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    But everyone knows radiation glows green, silly! =P

Also, :46 to :55 - That seems an awfully long stretch of absolutely nothing, with or without objects. Couldn't you play with the layout a bit to break up the monotony?

20. The Prof

The Prof

The Island Professor Member
    Orkney, Scotland
    Sonic 1 Yarmar Edition
    [​IMG]

WIP MZ art for S1 Yarmar. As you can see, it's based off Tidal Tempest Zone from SCD.