don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Experimenting a bit with boss arena now
    [​IMG]

2. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    <!--quoteo(post=560044:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560044">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Experimenting a bit with boss arena now
    [​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like the idea of using the wall jump to your advantage during the boss. It's certainly a clever idea and puts the move to good use, so nice work.
    I'm a bit skeptical about though the use of the GHZ wall object (44) here as it doesn't seem to make much sense from a perspective point of view, with the lighting the opposite way round to the other walls.
    Of course, if this is from a personal decision, then disregard what I said.

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    <!--quoteo(post=560048:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560048">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560044:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560044">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Experimenting a bit with boss arena now

I like the idea of using the wall jump to your advantage during the boss. It's certainly a clever idea and puts the move to good use, so nice work.
    I'm a bit skeptical about though the use of the GHZ wall object (44) here as it doesn't seem to make much sense from a perspective point of view, with the lighting the opposite way round to the other walls.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Would it make more sense if the wall was mirrored, or full shadow?

4. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    <!--quoteo(post=560049:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:29 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560049">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560048:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560048">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560044:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560044">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Experimenting a bit with boss arena now

I'd say full shadow; the only reason for this though is because, ironically enough, the original GHZ used the full shadow on right-side walls and lighting walls on the left-side walls. All of the other art (I.e. Moving platforms, rocks etc) also have the lighting this way.

5. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    <!--quoteo(post=560044:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560044">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Experimenting a bit with boss arena now
    Hmm... interesting it is!.

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    <!--quoteo(post=560058:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:43 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Feb 18 2011, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560058">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560049:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:29 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560049">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560048:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Feb 18 2011, 08:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560048">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=560044:date=Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM:name=Jimmy Hedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Hedgehog @ Feb 18 2011, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560044">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Experimenting a bit with boss arena now

I'd say full shadow; the only reason for this though is because, ironically enough, the original GHZ used the full shadow on right-side walls and lighting walls on the left-side walls. All of the other art (I.e. Moving platforms, rocks etc) also have the lighting this way.
    Good point! Shall change that then

7. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Emerald Dragoon Moderator
    Hampton, VA
    The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
    [​IMG]

I'm partial to A myself, but I understand some may want the indigo. The difference palette wise is that A has no indigo and two shades of fuchsia while the other two have one shade of indigo and one shade of fuchsia.

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>If you can figure out what this is for, you win a cookie</span>

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

I like C the best. Also...Sonia in S1?

9. Impish

Impish

C, and The S Factor.

10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I'd go with the C too, awesome sprite BTW, I guess it's a bonus version of Sonia for S Factor :eng101:

11. <!--quoteo(post=560275:date=Feb 19 2011, 09:36 AM:name=Aquaslash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Feb 19 2011, 09:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560275">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

I'm partial to A myself, but I understand some may want the indigo. The difference palette wise is that A has no indigo and two shades of fuchsia while the other two have one shade of indigo and one shade of fuchsia.

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>If you can figure out what this is for, you win a cookie</span><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Personally I like the Head from a) and the Body from c)... But due to pallete trickery, I'm sure you can't mix and match like that so I'll go with c so she doesn't look like a Robotnik Minion in all that grey!

12. NeonSynth

NeonSynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, W├╝rzburg
    Betatesting, Various hacking projects, programming synthesizers, music production
    I'm for C). Also Sonia in Megamix? :P

EDIT: Decided for C.

13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    B or C, IMO. Also, S2Factor. Look at the eyes, guys. :P

14. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I C) you. =P

15. dsrb

dsrb

I have no huge preference between A and C (if I say C, it'll look like I've succumbed to peer pressure :P), but I'm not a fan of the blue pixel dithering on B.

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    I say C looks better and smoother, without being too dark.

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Emerald Dragoon Moderator
    Hampton, VA
    The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
    Wow, Curb Stomp Battle much? XD C it is then.

18. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    <!--quoteo(post=560322:date=Feb 19 2011, 02:16 PM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ Feb 19 2011, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=560322">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I C) you. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I C) what you did there...

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK enough of the crap C puns. =P

20. Impish

Impish

Cock!
    Huh, So Aqua, has no one guessed correctly what the sprites are for yet?