don't click here

Do you want to play a new sonic on your GBA?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I think that Flare's version is much better.
    Hydrocity? Marina Madness?
    You sir, are my hero. You win at life.

2. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yes, I think that too.

I'm porting theses levels, because I love it. For the moment, I'm finishing theses ones, and I'm working on stardust speedway too.

Flare : For the bosses, this is our next ambition. We are thinking of making bonus stages ? la Sonic CD, too. And then, other cool things ;) (like ventilators in hydrocity, etc...)
    But don't forget that the level design isn't finished yet. Maps are not fun and old-style enough.

3. Flare

Flare

so are the bosses and things going to be like the ones in the old games or are they new bosses in the old style?

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    I have no idea. The best would be original boss, of course. But the old ones werent so bad ;)

Maybe later we will try to make cut scenes, too. Like Sonic 3 and knuckles. And original levels ;)

5. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Do you have any plans to make the songs loop correctly?

6. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    Some Awsome work you've done. I only play Hydrocity until I came to a dead end, but I've got to say I'm impressed.

P.S. what's wrong with the advance style sprites? I personally think the anime like sprites of the advance games suits sonic better then the psuedo 3-d Genesis sprites.

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Don't forget that if you want to try another level, then, in the menu, go to "Debogage beta" and "Niveau suivant".

For the songs loop, this is quite dificult, because we are limited by the length, but do not forget that this is an "early alpha" :P

8. Flare

Flare

for the music cna you not have 2 for a level, like one which loops and an intro to the song so when the intro stops the loop begins

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    This... this is amazing.

10. Miles3298

Miles3298

What causes the level after the wacky workbench level/zone/whatever to freeze upon load-up? (I know this is an early versioon but I'm curious >.>)

11. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Well... this is a problem with some emulators. You should try visual boy 1.7.2

12. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Also consider that this is an emulator. Not the real thing.
    When I get home I'm going to test/play this bad boy on my SP. =D

13. Brunni

Brunni

Oldschool Sonic for GBA
    Hello

I'm new here so I will brievly present myself. I come from Switzerland, and I speak French. I like Sonic very much, especially old Genesis ones. I work with Phoebius on this project.

I'm the programmer, and I frist initiated it as a technical challenge in November 2003. But I continued it, and presented some demos. Phoebius joined to me, making the levels you see in the demo here.

I'm also developping levels, but using Sonic 1 (on Genesis) graphics. However, I don't copy map contents, since it's not interesting for me. So the goal is not a port, but all new levels using old Sonic 1 graphics, a kind of renewal.

You can download here a simple demo that shows the first Sonic 1 level (it's not completely identical to the original because I did it by hand, and the engine is much different) and another level so you can see like the others will be:
    http://membres.lycos.fr/brunni/sonic_final.zip (right-click, save target as)
    I just traduced the menu after Phoebius informed me that he posted here. There are maybe (big) faults, since my english is very bad, sorry.
    [Edit] To access the second level, press start, select "Beta debug", then "Next level"

[​IMG]

14. Kles

Kles

You guys are awesome. Kudos.

15. Skaarg

Skaarg

OMG the sonic 1 spike bug is fixed! :P Anyways you guys have done a reallly good job on this.

16. Brunni

Brunni

Oldschool Sonic for GBA
    Thank you all ;)

In fact, at the beginning, I tought it was not a bug so I implemented it as in the original, but after somme research, I found that it was fixed in a later Japanese release, so I did it also. ;)

17. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Who here agrees with me that Brunni should be a tech member?

18. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Wow. I am stunned and amazed. Great work.

I second the teching.

19. Miles3298

Miles3298

I vote Brunni for techie.

Time for me to try out teh Green Hill version... o.o

Edit: Wow, that ish teh cool.

20. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    New sprites :P