don't click here

Do you want to play a new sonic on your GBA?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    OMFG.

I am stunned. THIS IS AWESOME.

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    "Soon" can't come soon enough!

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You two now officially own the world.

4. Thugs The Mansion

Thugs The Mansion

Pending Member
    Wow wow wow.......... Now let's not go crazy... ok???

Hey errybody... this righ here is my first real post on this site... so... hey errybody... how y'all doin???
    I gotta hand it to y'all... the project looks real real nice though... I read that you was lookin for the guy who made those mega megadvance sprites... and he didn't really respond to you... so... I made my own version of that of them sprites...
    it doesn't really hurt to check it out... u know... it kindza looks good... if you like it... I can make all the sprites for you... but it's gon' take some time...

so here's an example of my version of the sprite... tell me what sprites you need;;;;

uknowwhatI'msayin???

that guy's sprite: [​IMG]
    My version: [​IMG]

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Interesting, why did you call it "spirit" though? do you mean sprite? But your one looks almost identical to the other guys really.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yes, let's.

Thugs, you're gonna need to spell perfectly here, or nobody's gonna care about a word you say. I mean, look at Sakura, when she added little thingys to the end of her words, everyone unfairly ganged up on her. So, you've gotta type perfectly. Sorry about that.

Other than that, those sprites, against what QJimbo had to say, actually look great, and different. I'd love to see an entire sheet of those.

7. Thugs The Mansion

Thugs The Mansion

Pending Member
    Ight....I'm sorry bout "spirit" -> sprite thang
    Imma check ma post before I post it this time... ma bad...
    haven't been sleepin that much lately... u know... had me some problems...
    so... I didn't really pay much attention to the way I actually wrote the message...

so... ma bad... I had ma mind somewhere else

I didn't say that Imma make some different sprites than the guy that made them.... I said that I can do it instead of him if y'all want to...
    by the way... if u zoom in you'll see some differances though... so... yeah... that's bout it....
    :D

Edit: so I just wanna know... which sprites do u like more?? the ones that u already usin right now or mines???
    if y'all like mine better... lemme know... cause I gots a lotta projects on ma head and I gots to make some time for each one of them....

8. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Basically it's just a recolor using the original Sonic pallette, on first glance. Either way, it's a rather cool sprite. :)

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well...
    I think I like these better. =\

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Thugs_The_Mansion's sprites are (kinda obviously to me =/) edits, not pure recolors, of Advance sprites. I personally think they're very good.

Thugs, do they use more than 15 colors? Or 16 counting transparency? Anything over that limit and they're unusable.

Lostgame is right though, if you're looking to be a member, first you need to spell perfectly and type like a harvard graduate.

This post:
    Should be more like this:
    Just suggesting, but I like your sprite work.

11. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Very impressive. Looking forward to the next demo.

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    why not just remake all of sonic 1? with a spindash delight and a bunch of other characters (knux and tails) >=D

13. Brunni

Brunni

Oldschool Sonic for GBA
    Thugs_The_Mansion> Thank you, I like your sprites, they're great. Sorry, I didn't see them before, because Phoebius is in vacation and I began to work. So I will see with him when he will return. :(
    Hez> I want to vary gameplay as much as possible, and don't want to do a complete remake of Sonic games (levels are different, even if they use the same graphics). In my game part, there will maybe be between 2 and 4 Sonic 1 zones, 1 Sonic 2 zone (I'll finish it soon) and 3 Sonic 3&K zones.

14. Thugs The Mansion

Thugs The Mansion

Pending Member
    So should I start working on it??
    :D

15. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Same.

16. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I actually like Thugs' way better.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    but chuck norris doesn't like thugs' way......what now?

18. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I liked the mix of classic style and Advanced style. Also, very excited to play Marina Madness. ^_^ By the way, dunno if this was asked, but plans to add Special Stages?

19. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Marina Madness...

*orgasm*

Oops.

20. Thugs The Mansion

Thugs The Mansion

Pending Member
    Hey y'all! I got a little idea for the game story. Dr. Eggman has a new plan, he creates a new time machine (different than the one in Sonic CD), then he sends Sonic back in time, back to 1991. The time that Sonic 1 was made. You said that you wanted to have a few levels from each sonic game, so you see, we can send him back to the time that Sonic 1 was made. And make him pass the best sonic 1 levels, (you choose the levels though) and then at the end of the last Sonic 1 level, instead of freeing all the animals in the capsule, he's going to go through a time portal and then he's going to be transfered to Sonic 2 levels. And so on and so on.
    In the meantime, Dr. Eggman or Robotnik or whatever is making a new version of Metal Sonic.

This is just an idea though, so if you don't like it or something I don't mind.
    If anybody has a better idea of what metal sonic should look like, make a standing sprite, send it to me and I'll make the rest of it.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.