don't click here

Confessions and admissions of a Sonic fan

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, May 18, 2017.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I used to like Sonic 3's sprites more but overtime I grew to like Sonic 2's more, in fact since I mostly play Sonic 3 Complete these days for 3K I use the Sonic 2 sprite version. Perhaps not the right word to describe it, but Sonic looked too chubby in Sonic 3, particularly around his face. I get they were trying to give him a mouth sometimes but given what little space they had it might have been better to just exclude it. I never liked Sonic 1's sprites or palette though.

2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Once someone who was interested in getting into a Sonic game for the first time asked what is the Sonic game with the best made music. I accidentally told him Sonic Chronicles. He bought it. He never spoke to me again.

3. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    I think Sonic 1 > Sonic 2 and Sonic CD in terms of gameplay, but not by much. S3K ftw though.

4. I agree. I guess a lot of people got started with Sonic 2, and tend to find Sonic 1 "incomplete", due to no spindash. I absolutely love Sonic 1, it was my first Genesis game and it basically defined everything I like about platformers.

That's probably how I'd rank the games too. CD is my least favorite of the classics by a decent margin though.

5. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I bought and played through all the DLC to Sonic '06. All of it.

6. When its ungodly hot outside, I start humming the sandopolis theme
    When its snowing, I hum diamond dust theme (mega drive)
    Humming the mystic cave theme is my stress reliever
    Lots of humming music you see.

I used to care about romances.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Replace the diamond dust theme with its Saturn counterpart and I do the same thing.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Sonic 2 is my least favorite game in the original series, and its special stages are my least favorite as well.

9. CaveQuest

CaveQuest

Puyo Puyo Sun is the best game ever made! Member
    Mean Bean Tsu Machine
    I used to love Sonic Unleashed like if it was religous. But nowadays I don't generally care about anything Sonic related except a few games. The Classics + Adventure 1 + Sonic Mania and Forces.

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Holy shit glad this one ain't just me. To be fair both Diamond Dust's are 10/10, but my nostalgic christmas memories (or daydreaming about future christmas days) seem to always use the Saturn version

11. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Even though most people on here grew up playing the classic Sonic games on a SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, I was born in 1995 and never had any SEGA console. But, I consider myself a classic Sonic fan because I grew up playing Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube, and while growing up I spent a lot more time playing the classic games than the modern games because I just found them to be more imaginative and more fun. I consider S3&K to be the best 2D platformer of all time, and it is, and always will be, my favorite video game.

12. witapepsi

witapepsi

Meseta Stealer Member
    Pumpkin Hill, IL
    Just discovering!
    - I made a Sonic OC back in 2003, her name was Shadowna. If you couldn't figure it out, she's Shadow's sister.
    - I made a 50 page Sonic and Mario crossover comic in 2003, too, when I was in middle school. It was basically a ripoff of this sprite comic I came across, Sonic & Tails' Excellent Adventure except with Inuyasha and Digimon characters.
    - I had an intense crush on Shadow, his character is still my favorite

13. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I just remembered that I used to make the noise of when Sonic was running from the SatAM/Underground SFX (and sometimes along with the 'arms-behind-back' run)

And while looking for the SFX to listen to, I found this site.

14. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I had a Sonic OC. In fact, I came across one of my drawings of her from a while back... :x She was an anthropomorphic Chao character. Back when I was in elementary school I also had a self-insert OC.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    My friend and I often re-created the Sonic and Shadow confrontation cutscene from the end of SA2 on the playground when I was in elementary school.

I look back on it with painful amounts of cringe.

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I never made a Sonic OC.

17. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    This. The closest I came to this was signing a webpage guestbook as [Pokémon] the [Animal] in the late '90s.
    I tried writing fanfiction once, when I was like seven or eight. Something about Tails losing a tail in an accident. Got a few sentences in when I realized how little I actually cared about the idea.

18. - I have never completed Sonic 2 without an easy mode, saving or cheating in general.
    - As children when playing Sonic 3&k Co-op I used to voice Sonic and Robotnik whilst my cousin would voice Tails and Knuckles, we would create a different story each time we played. We always used to refer to Sandopolis as the Porridge Zone.
    - I hated Sonic CD with a passion throughout my childhood. Played the Taxman/Stealth version later, loved it! No idea what changed.
    - In my opinion the Adventure games are the most overrated games in the series, however I never played them until the XBLA ports.
    - I got every single achievement in Sonic '06. In my defence I was in serious denial about how bad '06 was, I was doing everything I could to force myself to like it because Sonic. Despite being a sucker for achievements I got bored and gave up in Sonic Adventure 2.
    - I bought a Kinect solely for Sonic Free Riders.
    - I may have teared up slightly at the Mania pre-order trailer...

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There's not many of us who fit the Oldbie label who can say this, but I never had an OC either.

20. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    So back on an old PC I had (Windows 98, no internet connection, probably around 2005 or 2006, I can't exactly remember) I had Sonic & Knuckles Collection, and I figured out myself how to play as Knuckles in Sonic 3 mode.

I found it quite interesting, so in the style of the old SWS2B site I made a whole bunch of pages in Frontpage Express dedicated to all the findings I found in this mode. It never saw the light of day on the internet though, as I didn't have anything to transfer data over, plus it seemed it wasn't that interesting anyway. Who knows why I didn't just remake it all when I had a new laptop and an actual internet connection.