don't click here

Confessions and admissions of a Sonic fan

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, May 18, 2017.

1. - I never finished Sonic & Knuckles (or 3&K) without cheating, possibly because I didn't own the cart back in the day.

- I never unlocked Super Sonic without cheating. I can't stand the special stages. The only game where I ever collected all the emeralds was in Sonic 1.

- The last Sonic game I bought (not counting re-releases or collections) was Adventure 2 (my excitement about Sonic dropped a lot after this one).

- The last Sonic game I pirated (not counting re-releases or collections) was Unleashed on the PS2 (after this one, even playing for free didn't seem like a good deal anymore).

- I never liked the cartoons or the comics.

- I like the 8-bit games almost as much as the 16-bit ones.

- I convinced my brother to ask for a Master System on his birthday, after we already had a Genesis and Sonic 1, just so we could play another version of the game.

2. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I paid full price for Sonic Lost World, on 3DS, at launch.
    What a mistake.

Also, if I recall correctly, the only Sonic games I've beaten with all special stages done and gotten the good ending in have been Sonic Rush and DS Sonic Colors.
    (Not counting Generations 3DS here because the special stages in that are actually required to see any ending at all. And also they're piss-easy.)
    None of the classic games, or even the Advance series. I did get the good ending in iOS Sonic CD by destroying all the badnik generators and Metal Sonic projectors, though.

3. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily

- Labyrinth Zone is my favourite zone in the first game.

- My Wii Sonic 4: Episode I save file has 365 lives on it.

- I've probably played Sonic 4: Episode I more than Sonic 2.

- I'm having a hard time porting the Spindash to Sonic 1 despite there being a guide on the wiki which tells me exactly how to do it.

- It bothers me that my 60hz modded PAL Mega Drive has a slightly slower clock speed than a standard NTSC one.

- I haven't finished the first level of my (amateur) ROMhack yet and I'm already planning a huge difficulty spike towards the end of the game. :specialed:

Woops, almost forgot:

- Sonic shorts teached me how to get past the barrel in CNZ.

4. PkR

PkR

SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
    - My first Sonic game was Somari. I'm not even kidding.
    - I've never owned a Megadrive/Genesis (I did own a Dreamcast at some point though). So I played all the classic games on an emulator.
    - I played only Sonic 1 and Sonic 3 on real hardware for a very brief moment, and years after I played them on an emulator.
    - I think Unleashed was the only 3D Sonic game close to SA1's level of atmosphere/scale/quality (SA1 is my favorite 3D Sonic game).

Also probably this

5. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

- Not directly Sonic-related, but I got the game Blinx: The Time Sweeper because I thought it would be like Sonic (which, incidentally, it was in ways that I wouldn't have even understood at time)
    - Sonic Heroes was my first Sonic game (I think I got it when I was 7 or 8?)
    - Because of this, when I played Sonic 3 for the first time, I thought the Insta-Shield was some type of Homing Attack, even though it definitely, visibly, was not that at all. :v: Didn't make me like Sonic 3 any less though. :)
    - When I beat the neutral route of Shadow the Hedgehog, I was like "WTF" not only because of the ending, but because I thought I was finished with the game (I got it while I was pretty young, like Heroes) and didn't pick it up again until like a month later when I realized due to the Internet that there was more to it
    - I used to not like the Sonic Rush soundtrack at all and looking back I can't understand why. I like it a lot now but I'm still partial to Rush Adventure's
    - I love everything about the hub worlds/Entrance Stages in Sonic Unleashed and it's such a shame that they've shied away from that, probably because of Unleashed's reception. (& understandably so, but I love Unleashed a lot)
    - I like the DS version of Sonic Colors a good amount more than the Wii version (I think Sonic Colors Wii is good but it's definitely in the lower half of Sonic games that I like)
    - Planet Wisp in Sonic Generations wasn't that bad to me TBH
    - I still haven't played Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic 4, Generations 3DS, or Lost World 3DS

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I got another one. Sonic was my inspiration to start running as a sport in the first place. I still run now, not for Sonic reasons but it was my first motivation. So while video games and my lack of activity made me a chubby child, it eventually helped me get into shape.

I actually wrote my college entrance essay on that topic. It was funny, my teacher at the time had us write our college entrance essay as an assignment, and the instruction page she gave us had 4 general categories for what most entrance essays are based on. One of the options was talking about how a fictional character inspired you in some way, which she specifically mentioned was a topic no one ever wrote about. Well I wrote about Sonic and I got like an A or an A-, that showed her :specialed:

7. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Even though I've had a Mega Drive for more than a year now, I still only own the Master System games, the first one being my first and most played Sonic game besides Rush. Mega Drive Sonic 1 and 2 I've only played via emulation and the MD Ultimate Collection on my 360. I "legitimately" finished Sonic 3&K on PC (the old S&K Collection from the 90s) by copying the save files to another folder before each Zone, and deleting the save files and copying the older ones back if I failed a special stage, because I could never get past Lava Reef without Super Sonic. I did buy High Seas Havoc though. And Ballz 3D. Yeah, Ballz 3D...

Some time ago, I used to defend Sonic Chronicles on the internet, even though I've never played the game to this day.

And I couldn't complete 06 cause I got so frustrated and bored during the second half of Shadow's story (Or was it Silver? idk) that I just quit.

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'm guilty of doing this too. :v: I also like Sonic 06, I've never once ran into any glitches while playing the game yet I know how glitched the game is. I've also never completed any Sonic game after Adventure.

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I whistle Sonic themes occasionally.

I also did the Sonic run when I was in primary school! Considering I grew up on the Megadrive games and Sonic The Comic, I always assumed Sonic The Comic was right - it was Floating Island, Chaos made characters terrified, Super Sonic was crazy (ok, not so much that one)

Good times.

10. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    - I've always overwhelmingly preferred Tails over Sonic. His spike in intelligence and gadgetry from Adventure onwards only made me like him more, and he's cute. I miss being able to play as him (alone) in mainline Sonics.

- Aside from Genesis and Game Gear games, I've never played any Sonic game where Sonic is the only playable character.

- I must have been going through puberty when I played Sonic Adventure 2 because I recall having a huge obsession with Rouge. I A-ranked all of her stages way before anyone else in the game, and I used her 99% of the time when raising Chao. Nowadays I feel kinda silly about it, like I fell hook-line-and-sinker for the likely reason Sega added her to the franchise.

- I was so disappointed about Blaze the Cat being benched and reduced to "one of Sonic's friends" after the Rush series (06 don't count and I've never played it anyway) that I've tried several times to feature her in fangames. As is usually the case with me and fangames though, I dropped them pretty quickly in favor of original concepts.

11. Second. Also use to have a horrifically terrible website that I never learned any real HTML or scripting from. Everything was cobbled together in an attempt to be the next Fireball20XL.

Pretty glad it failed, given what the inspiration was. :v:

12. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I'm currently writing a story/script for Sonic 4: Episode 3... And I'm very proud of what I've written so far and where it's going. It picks up right where it left off from E2's credits scene. I think it's more Sonic-esque than anything (as it should be) but also goes in a newer direction with certain things that gives the sense of progression between the characters and the possibilities within the classic series. There's a lot of depth to the story and overall lore, old and new.

The only thing about it I'll hint at is that Sonic is not the one that settles the conflict in the end. The one who does along with the villian do so in a manner inspired by the comics and Dragonball Z.

13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Forgot one: In high school I took a journalism course, and for the final exam i wrote a biography on Shadow. This was Jan 05, so we only had Adventure 2 and Heroes to work with. Don't remember what I got on it.

14. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    When I was like 7 years old and Sonic & Knuckles was being previewed in magazines I saw Knuckles and thought he was Sonic's girlfriend and used to imagine them as a couple. :ssh:

15. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I'll admit it too. I was like 6 or 7 when I got S&K Collection and I used to draw stuff from the game.

I thought Knuckles was his girlfriend too so I drew them together like they were in love. I distinctly remember a drawing in mushroom hill that I still might have buried somewhere. :ssh:

16. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I am not his biggest fan

17. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    I feel cheated, betrayed and lied to. How dare.

I guess to add to the pile... I think Black Knight, in almost every aspect that isn't the gameplay, is pretty damn good. But the gameplay REALLY ruins it.

18. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I have a confession to make....
    I STILL DREAM OF SONIC X COMING BACK TO FINISH WHERE THEY LEFT OFF!!!
    [cries in a corner]

HELL I USED TO ACCEPT THE 4 KIDS DUB AND THE INTRO TOO!!!
    I STILL HAVE ALL OF IT ON VHS STILL WHEN I USED TO RECORD EVERY EPISODES!!!

19. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily

I have a new confession to make..

I tried making custom music in Sonic 1 and what came out of it sounded shittier than Crazybus. :specialed:

20. I had Sonic & Tails imaginary friends when I was young. They used to run along beside the car on family outings too.

How the fuck did I just admit that