don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Roger Craig Smith tweeted the logo:

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/RogerCraigSmith/status/842505827017723904

- Game will have three different gameplay styles
    - One is about to be shown off
    - Runs on a brand new engine that's built upon the old engine, called Hedgehog Engine 2.

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Well fuck me and my pessimism. Hedgehog Engine 2. Modern Sonic looks very Boost formula still, flaws (linear af) and all.

3. Ok, so even from the grainy stream footage you could see that the graphics look awesome. Hedgehog engine 2, they are calling it

4. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    The modern gameplay looks to follow the Generations Modern formula.

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Introducing the new Flying Battery Trash Chute!

[​IMG]

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Boost gameplay is back!

7. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I'm fucking dying give it to me now it looks like sexxxxxxxxx

8. Boost boost? Nope. I'm sorry to say the franchise is dead, at least it is to me. When you're using wisps in what, a fourth game, it's time to retire. Extremely disappointed to say the least.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Wisps are back.

Ugh

EDIT: Oh my god that theme tune is rad! It sounds like it fell right out of the Adventure series. It's suitably epic and fun sounding. And it's going to be a vocal track too. That seriously makes me happy.

10. I wonder if they took the reception of "Sonic Colours is a good game" as "We should include the wisps in EVERYTHING".

It looks good, although at the same time it looked very samey to Sonic Unleashed/Generations. Can't wait for the levels to be back ported into Generations PC by modders.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Jun Butt Rock. I heard all of his previous works....I even heard some Seaside Hill in that :v:

"Will Fang/Nack be in Mania?"

Sega's Answer: No. But now that you've mentioned it, It'll be in the next one :v:

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Straight on recording of the gameplay
    http://youtu.be/GMf3srsuj30

14. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    [​IMG]
    as you truly imagined it

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Anyone else notice that the city sonic is running through in forces appears to be surrounded by sort of green hill looking scenery (mainly when he is in the air)? Maybe there are multiple zones intertwined?

16. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    It's gorgeous and it looks exhilarating and I love the art style and Hedgehog Engine 2 and holy mother fuck I want in my mouth

17. Jun Senoue butt rock?

Crush 40 ending theme confirmed. //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/v.png

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Theme music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMlrkoe29s

It's suitably epic, but not without it's a very strong style of cool and fun. Given the bright colours in the gameplay footage, I'm getting a good impression about the balance of the tone this time around. It's darker, but it's still Sonic. I'm pleased so far. Still wish it wasn't boost gameplay though. Boost isn't bad or anything. It's just not really my ideal at all, and it's probably going to be really automated. I'm interested to see how Classic plays now too.

19. That beginning totally reminds me of Colors/Lost World (AKA Ohtani) but then the rock kicked in.

20. It does looks smoother & slightly slower than the old boost games, which is a good call. Flows a bit more.

They'll get there in the end