don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. According to the Twitter, we'll see direct feed footage tomorrow.

EDIT: Source

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I'm actually not that impressed or hyped for this game, but as always, sonic music is superior to sonic games. Do we know if Crush 40 is doing the soundtrack or just Jun on the main theme?

3. They said it was Ohtani on the main theme. As far as I know, nothing else has been said about the soundtrack.

4. Turbohog

Turbohog

I have no idea why any of you are impressed. Song is okay. The level posted a couple pages ago looks boring af. Literally just a straight line.

5. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    hell yeah
    Thank you!

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Is it suffice to say that we are now in the first stage of the Sonic Cycle? :v:

Seriously though, as cool as it is to see new 3D Sonic graphics, there's so much that we don't know, and so much Sonic Team needs to prove. I know a lot of fans dig Colors and Generations (myself included), but that was now 7 and 6 years ago, respectively. We've had one mainline title (Lost World) since then, and it was mediocre, at best. We've had highs (Transformed) and abysses (RoL) outside of Sonic Team's direct control. I'm trying to stay level-headed in the heat of the moment. Hopefully E3 will have a playable demo.

7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

Ok Thanks.
    Man I sure hope Crush 40 gets to do some of the songs. They're easily the best part of the last two decades.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Wow it's a good thing they had all those explosions going off to make that corridor look more exciting than it actually is

They doubled the poly count, but that's not getting them any closer to looking like a Sonic game. Tuning out now.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    The fuck are you guys on about? There were some totally sick speed boosters and homing attack chains there too! :v:

10. Taylor

Taylor

Wisps are supposed to be in? Was that mentioned in the stream and I just missed it?

But yeah, I'm not too big on the boost formula, so I'm not too excited for this.

11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Guys, what if the last gameplay style was Adventure styled? Then that would mean the Boost formula could focus on quick reactions, while this focus on exploration.

12. I like what I see, but I need to see this in full HD to make any real judgements.

Liking the Generations gameplay, wonder what that 3rd gameplay style could be...

Also I hope that Classics physics are dead on this time. It should happen this time with Mania going to have perfect physics to base off of.

13. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    A song actually contending against Reach for the Stars, color me impressed. (HAH!)

Other than the blurry gameplay, happy that the game is much more colorful than the CGI we saw, guess it'll be worth keeping an eye on, but I'm definitely calling that this'll be an Unleashed 2, a game that graphically impressive is NOT going to run on the Switch that well.

Plus, the area we saw was probably just a starting area, Green Hill in Generations had a basic start with no alternative paths, the later parts of the level are probably more detailed if they're focusing on improving upon Colors and Generations.

14. Apparently it was confirmed that Ohtani is permanent sound director and Senoue will have no input on the game's soundtrack. Kind of makes me wonder what he even does anymore.

15. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Yay, more boosting down long narrow corridors :specialed:

Can we at least have chao return

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    So much of me wants this to actually be good, because of the hype around it.

I'll say visually, it looks spectacular through the filters of bad cameras and projectors. Can't imagine how this is going to be optimized for the Switch.

Gameplay wise, the linear path they have looks neat. I guess. Hope that's just a tease. I'm VERY glad his movement is Generations-based so it's more about him keeping his momentum, that's a step up from the crap we've had from Lost World (even if it's literally a step backwards).

That all said, 3 gameplay styles... I really, really[/i] hope they aren't spreading themselves thin on this. This game HAS to succeed or else this brand is soiled, at least in the big budget area, so unless they know what they're doing this could go real south real fast.

Good start. Not a great one, but a good one. Gonna keep being skeptical but hopefully they prove me wrong.

Don't fuck this up, SoJ.

EDIT:

wait why would they need to backport it if forces is gonna be a pc game

if it's running on the same engine the only benefit we have is Generations' exe modding which tbh isn't much

this might even have better classic physics lol

17. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

Come now. You know Iizuka only makes bad decisions.

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

I'm a little concerned about the Wisps and whether the Switch will be able to handle the game without cutting drastically on the effects. I was going to get a Switch for the other Nintendo IPs but it might be better to get a PS4. hmm. (No I don't have a gaming PC.)

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This seems like "well fuck it worked before" the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if gameplay 3 was adventure Sonic.

Also unpopular opinion time, I like the wisps and don't give a shit if they're related to the plot. They're kinda like Mario power ups. Lost world just used them terribly (rythym and bomb can kindly fuck off forever).

20. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    This, Wisps can be a good thing, and I don't mind if they become a mainstay in the series, they're what made Colors so much fun. I just don't want them to be thrown in like the player is just supposed to ACCEPT that they're there and go with it, no, that's lazy.