don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. thicker grass would be a good start, maybe a bigger pattern for the ..uhm.. dirt or whatever that is at the bottom. maybe double the size of what you have now

2. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Sorry but this isn't supposed to be a grassland, its some underwater section with crystals. This means I need A LOT of improvements.

Edit: What I tried to do with that green thing is basically a ground, and the pink stuff are a few crystals coming out of the ground.

3. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Try doing a crystal shapped pattern then, like small dimonds with shine on it to make it look like crystal. (different shades of white/grey)

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]
    Crystals? + - No I am not asking for Jellyfish Zone, just look at the shading of the glyph.  

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    But it doesn't "look" like what you described above, and that's the problem...

...Yes, that would do nicely, something like that =)

6. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Yeah I'm sure it would be nice, but its not gonna be easy though at least IMO.

7. Tidbit

Tidbit

Hanoch, I think what you need to improve on is, making more distinct patterns other than solid dithering which is what you tend to do for some reason. Try sketching your ideas out on paper first, then sprite it.

8. Tidbit

Tidbit

[​IMG]
    This is just some random stuff I've working on. To be honest, I have no clue what direction im taking the art in.

9. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Certainly a step up from your earlier material. I'd like to see the grass a little taller, and some shadows under it, but certainly getting a good tropical vibe from it.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    He has eyes to see with, so it wont be a problem, unless of course he's a lazy arsehole who thinks up excuses, but I know from his work that it's nowhere near the case and he'll do a brilliant job to make it look like what it's suppose to =)

Tidbit: what Dalek said really. Although it would be nice to see the grass sticking out of the ground, that would make it look more interesting than it already is.

11. pyrotix

pyrotix

Brooklyn, NY
    Newmindspace
    What is Jellyfish Zone? I would like that :P

12. Tidbit

Tidbit

[​IMG]Hope this grass is fine enough, I cant really draw it all too well, butI'll keep tweaking it.

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    You can make it if you want. Spring Yard would be a great place, as the collision already has the circular ends for you. I bet the springs could be turned into jellyfish as well. Then again wouldn't you want water? Anyway I can't right now. I'm busy with 2 projects to get finished for the hacking contest.

14. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    I've been trying to make a different green hill zone art:

SonED picture:

[​IMG]

Only the background.

In-Game screenshot:

[​IMG]

With the foreground, and a small grass tile applied.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Rainbow Islands style? I can go with that. Perhaps your rainbow may need a little work, though - it seems a bit angular at present.

16. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    I enlarged the grass and I added some curved pathes, but I still need suggestions for the grass pattern:

[​IMG]

17. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    The grass looks fine, but to be honest, this is by far the weirdest rainbow I've ever seen in my entire life, which was in no way meant to be a compliment, sorry. =(

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    You want weird? Look to cartoons. Turn the rainbow into an actual knotted bow. A rainbow bow.

Then have enemies shooting rainarrows out of miniature rainbows.

Also:

[​IMG]
    This and the Game Gear Ristar had rainbows you could walk on, to get to land on the other side. Well the former you swim, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]
    The clouds need to be touched up upon. Look at many video games and see how they do their clouds. Hopefully in an emulator where you can see the tiles close up. They don't have to be as complex as above, of course. I see you are trying to save tiles and blocks with your design. How about having special tiles where the (new?) rainbow merges with the (new?) clouds.

19. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    [​IMG]
    A trollish mini project CarrierHack and I are doing.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Certainly looks better than all those Super Sonic 64 hacks (which are always just Blue Mario in a checkered Bob-bomb Battlefield).