don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I just remembered that STHX is the guy that made the mushroom kingdom hack, good to see its back.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    And just why is STHX not a <!--coloro:#00CC00--><span style="color:#00CC00"><!--/coloro-->Tech Member[/COLOR]? Great stuff, tis looking decent =)

3. Chao Fan

Chao Fan

With serene grace, bitch!
    desert
    Sonic Retraux (french words = pretty :3)
    <!--quoteo(post=451178:date=May 5 2010, 05:06 PM:name=Ell678)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ell678 @ May 5 2010, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=451178">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=450754:date=May 4 2010, 06:47 PM:name=Chao Fan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chao Fan @ May 4 2010, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=450754">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my post :3<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I quite like that pallete, gives a slight temperate feel to the level. Only nitpick I have here is your decision to have a Chopper so close to a signpost. Most people do just hold right as soon as they restart, and with that rock there, they hit that, get stuck, and can't react before the chopper hits. Unless, of course, you are going for a very difficult hack, and then just ignore what I said :P

EDIT : Love it, STHX.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, the idea of the hack is to take advantage of the many platforming cliches people expect and throw them out the window (and make competetions, mostly RA'ing, hard as hell). There are many an instant where holding right will end in death, just one thing that people will grind their teeth into. :3

@STHX: Interesting hack there, but there's a blue bar at the bottom of the screen that's kinda annoying & the Goomba is way to big (I think...). Otherwise, VERY nice concept and I hope you pull it off well.

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]
    OH GOD OH GOD

5. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    Mindfuck zone phase 2.

6. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    <!--quoteo(post=451173:date=May 5 2010, 10:59 PM:name=STHX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (STHX @ May 5 2010, 10:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=451173">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]
    One day, Sonic found a strange looking Monitor.

[​IMG]
    As usual, he quickly decided to break it.

[​IMG]
    However, breaking it was not so easy.
    Not like the usual Monitors, at least.

[​IMG]
    "Don't you think it looks familiar?"

[​IMG]
    "It sure is! Try hitting it from below."

[​IMG]
    ????

What kind of monitor is this, anyway? Who could ever hit them from below?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did you do the programing yourself?

7. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eebLIP6cVos&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eebLIP6cVos&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Enjoy. =P

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Holy shit that's insane. Nice idea, though =P

9. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    That is really, really cool.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    Pretty decent as always Selbi, all you need to do is change the BG and you'll be in business =D

11. Trujin

Trujin

The Bad Seed. Member
    This is awesome. I especially like the music. :)

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=452859:date=May 10 2010, 08:43 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ May 10 2010, 08:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=452859">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eebLIP6cVos&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eebLIP6cVos&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Enjoy. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't understand how this is any different from him walking around normally?

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    <!--quoteo(post=452859:date=May 10 2010, 08:43 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ May 10 2010, 08:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=452859">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):

...All I can think about after seeing the effect of the R Block is Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask's Stone Temple.
    That looks fun, if only I could give it a try. Damn you lack of release and the fact I am on college computer atm.

14. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    That R block effect actually reminded me of <a href="http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=20720" target="_blank">my special stage hack</a> but that W block effect, it looks neat. Removing all of those annoying goal blocks is good.
    I had a different Idea for a special stage platforming thing, a non rotating stage and you need to get the W block to make it rotate, to get to a high platform with the emerald.

15. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    <!--quoteo(post=453281:date=May 11 2010, 08:11 PM:name=Hez)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hez @ May 11 2010, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=453281">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=452859:date=May 10 2010, 08:43 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ May 10 2010, 08:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=452859">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):

I'm quite confused what you mean by that... I tried to make it at hard and disgusting for the player as possible, if that's what you mean.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

I dunno what I should put here. Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Hacking Sonic Drift, Writer at Sonic Cage Dome

Enjoy. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Holy fucking shit, that is crazy! And I thought the first special stage in S1 Harder Levels was difficult, yours looks way more difficult. Great job with it, I can't wait to play this. But even if it was released right now, I couldn't get it because I'm at college. Stupid finals week. >.>

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

<!--quoteo(post=453290:date=May 11 2010, 07:36 PM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ May 11 2010, 07:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=453290">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=453281:date=May 11 2010, 08:11 PM:name=Hez)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hez @ May 11 2010, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=453281">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=452859:date=May 10 2010, 08:43 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ May 10 2010, 08:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=452859">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):
    ***VIDEO***
    I'm quite confused what you mean by that... I tried to make it at hard and dugusting for the player as possible, if that's what you mean.
    There's no point in having Sonic in a ball now, because he haves exactly as he would when walking.

18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Ah, I understand. Well, I was more looking at the Special Stage itself, rather than the way Sonic behaves. Besides that I'm not sure what to pick as sprites... the normal walking and running sprites like this is a normal act?

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It would totally lose it's effect if he was walking, but being in a ball just seems pointless. <strike>How about you stick him in a minecart?</strike> I dunno what you should do either.

20. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    [​IMG]

Before you throw up, tell me what do I need to improve? And please specify, thanks.