don't click here

Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    It looks okay, but that new motobug just looks awful. However, it is early days, so time will tell.

2. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Love the level sprites, looks fantastic.
    Love the life icon.

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Needs a bit of a clean up, and a bit of a pattern, at set size for the squares. Also, sending a tileset can help people do just that!

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    In case they're still useful...

Splash Hill tiles and objects, including dashpad and floating platform.

The signpost animation is also inside the SWF, by the way, as well as well as the animations for the chopper, motobug, leon, dashpads and Sonic walking.

Anyway, these seem too low quality for an HD game, I sure hope they're not the same graphics the game's going to use.

Perhaps these are for the iphone version?

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    It doesn't look like a bad idea at all. I like how it looks. But...
    You really need to fix the size of that palmtree. Seriously, I know it's a test and all, but it looks ridiculously small.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's because he took some background graphics instead of these foreground tiles.

7. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Fixed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:specialed:

If these are ripped from the iPhone version, which seems to be likely considering the size and the way the tiles are individually cut, then everything just got a lot easier... Just so long as someone knows how to rip the tiles from the iPhone game when it comes out, that is. =P I guess the sprite styles still clash, but since we have the tiles now they can be edited more easily and accurately.

EDIT: Just for fun.

[​IMG]

=P

8. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

Wow, that looks fantastic. Even through S4 haven't been released yet, it looks like your version is gonna better then the official version (even that the Sega version is gonna be awesome).

Good luck dude, it's gonna be a really good demake (or port).

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Hey, why don't you put together a level based on the one in the Sonic 4 Japanese site's background? It'd be a cool demo kinda thing, and it'd be neat to see what the level actually plays like.

You'd kind have to fill in the blanks as far as the level designs above and below the website's borders, where the level goes off into an endless sea of possibility... :)

10. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

< wonders how you're going to do the horrific mine cart level

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Perhaps he should just stick to two acts per zone, and the game might end up being more fun...

Then he could (or not) add the gimmick levels as a bonus when they can be programmed in.

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Alternately, design new levels for those Acts to make the Genesis Edition more unique unto itself.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But then, that could feel like your average fangame. This is supposed to be based on official works, making them more "classic".

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

This is true. That's why I think you'd need a really talented level designer to pull it off.

Still, it's an idea.

15. Tanks

Tanks

Either way, I'm still pushing for an Ice Cap Zone like intro with that level. Everything else can be based off the game, but tweak that zone up properly so that 1/3 of it isn't complete mine cart. Cause... You know... A "mine cart only" act kinda' isn't classic. At all.

16. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Too late to show my edit? <3

[​IMG]

I know it isn't too much, but it's small details that changes everything.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Just a heads up there:

18. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

Isn't Sonic on the last sprite too much short?

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Sorry... I don't read it. My bad. Anyway please accept my 'ilustrated' critic? >:
    No, it is just 1px shorter than the original. The 1px of the "neck".

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Everybody needs a neck. =(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.