don't click here

Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Funny, it reminds me something...

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I honestly think that Sonic 4 was good, if not great, in all departments besides physics / gameplay. I 100% support the idea of having someone remake this for the Genesis / Mega Drive, and I hope things could work out to where the project could gain momentum (pun intended). :)

3. I think quite a lot of people would want to play Sonic 4 for the Genesis. I really like this idea :)

I too like Sonic 4, the physics were a little annoying, but apart from that I thought it was good. I think it would be really interesting to play this game with the genesis games Physics.

4. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Something completely new? =P
    Like I saw in all the previous posts and in the topic itself, this isn't the point of the hack. The hack aims to reproduce Sonic 4 in Sega Genesis, like the topic name says, or I'm wrong?

5. Nibble

Nibble

Oldbie
    Yeah, that's what I said. "this project" == the hack this topic is about.

In any case, my post was in reply to the request to make a "true" sequel to the original games, so I guess it was kind of off-topic.

6. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    As much as I'd like for this project to be completed someday, I imagine some of the stuff in Sonic 4 such as the torch mechanics and the flying cards would be an absolute bitch to program.

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Yes, but there are so many techies that are amazing when it comes to Sonic hacking, and I'm sure if they all worked together it can happen.

8. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I think the cards can act exactly as those gravity booster things in Death Egg Zones, without the collision of course.

Now lighting... eh, I don't think the Genesis could calculate anything THAT intense.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sandopolis Zone Act 2?

It's basically the same thing, just some palette changes as you touch certain objects and reach certain coordinates.

10. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    meh, they aren't necessary. The cards were just to look flashy and stretch out the level just a bit more since the level layout was bland and uninspired. And I don't even know what the torch section is but I'm sure some kind of realistic compromise could be made.

11. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    So we're not using the minecart :(

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The rotating screen minecart mechanic isn't in console versions anyway.

And besides, you COULD do the minecart level if you do some magic with the Sonic 1 Special Stage code.

13. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    Torch lights up the area around Sonic as its a pitch black level when in the labyrinth. It's also used for puzzle solving by lighting up various other torches to lift walls/open doors or ignite explosives. Additionally, activating Super Sonic on that level lightens up the entire level.

14. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything

I think you could use the window plane to make the circle of light.
    Additionally, you could just port a few graphic systems from a SNES emulator to GENS, and have a super graphic, blast proccessy game platform.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Gravity booster?

I was thinking along the lines of this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or are these the boosters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.