don't click here

Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    It's the small details that hold up everything too. Still though, twas a nice edit.

P.S. Hank Moody is the shit!

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Of those four, I think the one on the far right is the best. But I'm not seeing any real problems with the original sprite, to be honest. Possibly because I'm just unsubtle like that.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    considering rathe posts his sprites at 4x4 their original scale, why not just do a draw-over to show what to fix. You're not actually editing the sprite, just drawing giant pink lines over it so he can't use the result, thereby satiating his need to do everything himself.

4. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Do... certain pixels really need to be fixed?

I think it's fine as it is. If you guys keep editing his work and moving pixels around nothing will get done. :/

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well... it is pixel art. :v:

But seriously, it's not worth nitpicking too much, although I suppose at the end of the day that's only way pixel art can ever be criticized.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Your joking! The original is fine! I now don't think there needs to be any edits beyond rathe's.

7. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    I was fine with the original, to be honest.
    Narrow it down to either of the first two revisions, but bare in mind that the other sprites need to follow the same eye structure.

8. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I made a new spring using the render/sprite from that set ICEknight linked to. I think it's the most useful thing available right now. I want to make some basic tiles, but I'll need time. And interest. :specialed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To make things a little easier, it should be the same palette as the last spring posted. Color count in the GIF is bloated because it's not the same as Sonic's palette, but that's easily fixable.

I want to see this project take form, and to do that requires progress. Originally I was going to wait to do a little more before posting this, but considering the nature of these types of projects and the way things have played out in the past (and the present), I'd rather post some progress even if it's only a little than just nothing at all. As for my opinion on the sprite, I think it's fine as is - at least for now. I'm confident that Rathe will be able to come up with original poses for all the animations, as he's shown with the walking sprite. Minor details can be handled later. When I see four different variations of the same sprite like that, it just reminds me of P:SR... Sorry. :(

9. Could I please have a zipped up version of this? Saving all these individual pictures is taking ages. And thanks a lot for these.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I'll make a zip since I now have all the images.

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    [​IMG]
    Just a concept. Probably too may colours for the s2 palette, but hey.
    Also notice how didnt change the lighting direction

11. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Waaaay ahead of you there...

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Actually, it looks better with s4 lighting:
    [​IMG]

13. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Awesome work, StephenUK. Read through all the topic and I'd like to help you too. I'm sorry if I missed anything but I saw that someone ripped that Splash Hill thing off the Sonic 4 japanese page

Here is the full image,

http://www.upload.ee/image/520600/SEGAbg.jpg

Warning, image is 4.50mb huge but it's the whole bg from the Japanese webpage. I got it from here:

http://www.soahcity.com/talk/index.php?/to...dpost__p__58075

I uploaded it up as the previous URL had japanese in it and it made a weird url.

And this song would fit perfectly into the Splash Hill zone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtXDkMX9Ss

14. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    :D that's the rip I made.

15. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Ah, very well done :). Hope StephenUK get's some ideas for the game. Sorry I did not know it was you. Don't be angry.

16. Someone mentioned finding animations for Sonic (from the Sonic 4 websites), could someone rip those please? I have many uses for that stuff.

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'm just gonna drop in and say that the next person that posts an edit of Rathe's sprites is getting suspended. Only reason I didn't suspend the last guy is because I'm way late.

As it stands, the sprites are final and only Rathe will make changes to them.

18. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sounds good, I like Rathes sprites, they are the perfect mix for this game!
    Also:
    [​IMG]
    Approve of this (Middle is mine)?

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You're all using a different non existing palette to make your objects. You should really consult Stephen on how he's going to do the objects because none of these are going to work.

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Maybe post a pallette? Or sommin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.