don't click here

Badniks & Bosses

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Canned Karma, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I might, if I can
    Edit: Like or no Like?
    [​IMG]

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    It would be better if you did the whole badnik like in the official art. Your latest work just makes all the body parts out of proportion with each other.

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Hmm, I'll do that. It might take a while.

4. Also, the neck needs to be attached the body via hole. ;)

5. Cryops

Cryops

I don't know, need it or not, but I done it...Please say anything about that and say what need to do...
    [​IMG]

6. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I'm not going to lie; that Buzzer looks atrocious. It pretty much embodies all the bad aspects of NURBS.

7. Cryops

Cryops

just that first model what I done, before I was doing only different vectorial logos
    need try again) and,probably,choose another character...

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Check the database to see what needs to be done. I think you have wasted your time doing that because I think it's done. You need to ask CN.

9. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    I think you're missing the point here. We didn't assign EHZ badniks as goals because as steveswede just noted, we've got them taken care of. I'd recommend starting on the Spiker as outlined in the OP.

10. Cerulean Nights

Cerulean Nights

Sonic 2 HD Sprite Artist Member
    If you need some help, feel free to PM me. There are clear examples on the first page of the art style we are going in, and honestly that buzzer is about as far away from that style as possible. The most important thing you need to remember is that the basic shapes come first, shading second. Even if you have posted that without any shading, there is still a ton of work that would need to be done to the basic shapes to make it even workable for this project.

But that is all beside the point, as CK mentioned, you should not be focusing on the buzzer right now as we already have it covered. You have a list on the first page of badniks that need to be completed, and I would highly suggest focusing on those for now.

Again, I am more than willing to help you out, but you need to go back and really think about the style we are going for, and try to integrate that style into a HTZ badnik. Start with the basic shapes, with little to no shading, and post it here. There are plenty of helpful people here who can then steer you in the right direction. After the form of your badnik is perfected, then, and only then, should you start shading.

11. Cryops

Cryops

I was start working on it before I look on completed badniks, so sorry for that mistake...I will endeavour correspond established style, just I need some practice to do it.

12. Cryops

Cryops

I start working on spiker and want ask what are you think about it...It far from the end, but I have complete (imho) his form, palette of chassis was not sort out, drill fully not ready, it just first sample...As example I use model of ghora by Cerulean Nights. Within the next few days I present more polished model, but I need to know, with his form it closer to need style and what I need to correct in that model?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd say that's a very good first attempt, but it always helps posting the original sprite and artwork for comparison.

I need to point out, though, that the curve at the bottom of the spiky hat should be flat, so the perspective used is consistant with the art direction.

14. Cryops

Cryops

I've correct image in my previously post and add original sprite. About perspective on drill (or spiky hat), thanks for the tip, It will be corrected, I was not thought about that when draw the hat.

15. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

I think you should try to put those "cracks" in the drill like the original. I had tried to do the same, but as am still learning on how to work on the Illustrator, it didn't looked so good as your badnik.

By the way, should the drill be a perfect cone?

16. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    [​IMG]
    I think that this is the one that is using better fire balls. Also, I have a suggestion. That is to make the fire ball tails to follow the previous ball in a circle according that the sprite goes moving around the badnik.

17. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Oh god this again. Has anyone even bothered to rip those flames yet of the boss fire that goes on the grass?

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Some.

19. I think the fire Robotnik makes can be fundimentally different looking, while retaining a similar style of fire. It doesn't need to be the same sprite.

20. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    Okay, after quite a long time of not knowing if I got the proportions perfect, I finally got to work on the shading. Granted, my progress has been rather slow, so I only have a WIP of the Base's shading. Mainly posting this to show that I HAVE been working on something. Still trying to get it smooth, but I think what I have is a decent start.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.