don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That’s not fair it’s rarely the creators fault they can’t finish their work/shows it’s usually the networks that are to blame, and the shows are usually cancelled well after the episodes in question were written, and sometimes scripts are left on the table due to cancellation. Ya dangling forever cliffhangers suck, but put blame where blame deserves.

2. A lot of HBO Max / Cartoon Network animated shows also got cancelled because of the Warner Bros Discovery bullshit.

3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I don't know who exactly to blame, "creators" here was a placeholder. Also, when I think of "creators", I'm thinking more about the companies, not the writers. As in not the concept creators, but the product creators.

4. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Amen. It's a 90% episodic cartoon, so all that the cliffhangers accomplish is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Next season I won't even bother with the last episode, just watch right up to it and stop.

Though I can't say I've heard of other Netflix shows doing the same thing. Hopefully Sonic Prime won't.

5. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
  6. Wow, it will be in the same day of my birthday.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Happy birthday

8. [​IMG]
    Now poster featuing Rouge, Knuckles, Tails and... Cyber Amy?
    Thanks!

Edit: Official characters renders!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Flare

Flare

Lots of cool artwork for the series coming out...

https://twitter.com/Cybrid101/status/1585651740547891201

[​IMG]

I would love for this fur shading in a game. Nice details on the characters that don't go too far away from the series... of course they'd have to cover up Rouge's chest... that's HER CHARACTER! Haha

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    [​IMG]
    wheres rouges cleavage ;(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    LITERALLY unwatchable. Everyone knows that Rouge should always have massive, back breaking titties.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  12. F Rouge boobs. But seriously, that outfit looks really cool, very Sonic Heroes-esque.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm always happy to see Rouge billed as a major character. And I like her design here too. If these 8 characters make up the core cast of Prime, it'll be great. I feel that they're the series' best characters, offering a lot of variety without too much overlap. Silver and Blaze are great for example, but they largely fill roles that other characters already do. They're better with less frequent appearances.

Anyway yeah these posters have me excited.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Rouge's new outfit looks cool, but every time they cover up more of a character who previously "showed off" more (even if they never really had anything to show off), they just end up making them seem like they actually have something to hide. Same thing with Sally.
    I'm not big on Amy's dress having those sleeves, though.
    I hate this kind of fur texturing. I like light catching on things and this always feels lazy and like it doesn't actually suggest fur and looks more "like a ps2 game" than most things people are willing to attribute that phrase to. In the end it feels like the worst of both worlds.

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Rouge being the only one with a significantly different design to the games makes me wonder if they're changing her design franchise-wide.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Add me to the list of people not too keen on the changes to Amy’s dress. Also Tails looks like he has a neck and his face looks kinda weird and these things cause me discomfort.

17. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    IGN also confirmed the main cast, as have the individual cast members:
    • Deven Mack as Sonic
    • Brian Drummond as Eggman
    • Ashleigh Ball as Tails
    • Shannon Chan-Kent as Amy
    • Adam Nurada as Knuckles
    • Ian Hanlin as Shadow and Big
    • Kazumi Evans as Rouge
    • Vincent Tong (role not announced)
    Drummond and Chan-Kent are particularly interesting cases, as the former voiced Knuckles in Sonic Underground, and the latter played the bar waitress in the 2020 movie.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Shadow and Big being voiced by the same guy makes me chuckle.

19. Flare

Flare

Well it is of course subjective, I wouldn't say it's lazy, its stylised. Lazy would imply they didn't care which I don't think is the same thing as the design choice they have taken here. If they were being lazy then they wouldn't bother adding any texture and they'd just be solid colors without any implication of material.

I like it personally, I think it's a good way of handling it on budget while also making their characters stand out against the game series despite them using similar designs.

I also feel its about time we moved away from how the current/past game series did their CGI fur texturing - in game Frontiers is an improvement but the CGI still has that plastic-y paint like material.

20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    My issue with the fur texturing is that it’s the same across the board. Rouge has the exact same pattern as Sonic and Knuckles. Mixing it up would help enhance the individuality in the cast.