don't click here

Sonic 2 LD

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by doc eggfan, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You probably are.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Looking good though the tubes seem a bit thin (I think they were about the same width as Sonic or Tails in the original game). I understand if this is due to a mapping or memory issue however.

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    [​IMG]

It works. It's a little crude, and I need to tidy up that floor, but the experiment was a success, for both loops and quarter circle ramps. And I'm pretty sure I still have enough tube pieces left for the regular tubes too. It's looking like CPZ is going to be pretty damn close to the original.

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    So the loops are tubes? :v:

Interesting idea

5. TheBetaFox

TheBetaFox

Product in betatesting
    Bucharest, Romania
    Customizing Ubuntu 10.04
    Woahhh, what?
    ------
    Anyway, CPZ looks neat, although EHZ looks much better (yet) in comparison. Can't wait for some new progress!

6. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
  7. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    I'd be all for including HPZ, but those tiles are hideous. The emerald looks like it was made in MSPaint.

8. Uh... I do most of my pixel work with MSPaint and I don't think it looks bad because of that. I do agree that the emerald looks hideous, though.

9. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I would also recommend using a lighter colour just to add a bit more depth to that emerald to ensure it stands out.

-----

Back on topic.

Its very nice to see progress on this hack. I loved Emerald Hill Zone and I have a feeling I will love Chemical Plant Zone. I love the tiles that you are using Eggfan and it truly captures the Megadrive in Master System form, and I really Enjoy the level card tiles.

Keep up the great work

10. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    [​IMG]

I've done a custom collision job on the ramp which works in tandem with the tubes. Not every ramp will use the tube, this one won't, but where it connects to a loop, or a higher wall, the tube can be activated to provide propulsion where needed.

I can neither confirm nor deny any plans for Hidden Palace Zone

11. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Eggfan does not comment on rumors or speculation? You really are the right person for the job -- you think just like SEGA :v:

12. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Now that you made loops are you gonna go back to EHZ and fix those?

13. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    I can't because the same metatiles I used to create the loops in CPZ I used to create the corkscrews in EHZ. I've tried to replicate the tube metatiles, but no dice

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well, if you where to do HPZ you should leave it for last. Like some kind of extra episode.

15. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

progress. MoDule's tiles are really helping make things run much more smoothly

16. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    I have to say, that's pretty damn awesome, even if it is still WIP.

Now if only you guys could figure out how to replace the bosses with their MD version counterparts... then again, I know that's a lot easier said than done. E_E

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    Been a while. Unfortunately, BP Oil Ocean Zone is alot more detailed, with protrusions all over the buildings. Then comes the foreground, so I'd rather not waste tiles on unnecessary protrusions. How this'll work with a foreground, I'll leave to the actual artists of Sonic 2 LD. Perhaps they'll get rid of the metal buildings in the foreground or summin...

+ - (Hey, everyone else got an Oil Ocean Zone = BP Oil Spill joke in but me, may as well get one in late)  

18. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

I imagine foreground takes priority over background, but I like this regardless. :)

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Oh, sorry, I meant the background foreground, the grey buildings you see and not the yellow ones in the distance.

20. REPO Man

REPO Man

In order:

• Yes you should
    • He is right
    • Who doesn't have such a portfolio
    • I have one, too. I have ADHD, and no that's not ADD in high definit--- OMG WATZ DAT??!? (runs off)

And if you have ADD/ADHD you can make those jokes, as long as they're not cruel or stupid. And if you don't have it and make a joke about it, we'll get your ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.