don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I'm a bit worried that the writers have forgotten that Shadow's not supposed to actually be a bad dude anymore. Hopefully (is it Pontac writing?) they've not just been watching Sonic Boom for character motivations...

Can we have a huge battlefield of OC's now?

"HAIIII-SONIC FOOOOOOOORCEEESSS!"

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    New villian looks like he came out of Jet Set Radio.

3. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Naw, they brought back chaos, they couldn't be ignoring the Adventure/Advance era.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    * Chaos being bad isn't a thing, why is Chaos there - I'm also intrigued to know how they brought him back out of the Master Emerald, because hopefully they won't ruin his character like they did Shadow. Speaking of...
    * Shadow being a Robotnik lackey isn't a thing, why is Shadow there?
    * Metal, no problems with him showing up. It's kinda his job.
    * Zavok - given how Robotnik fucked up the Deadly Six I can't imagine he's there willingly, so guessing it's some sort of mind control on all bar Metal, yeah. By presumably...
    * Infinite - well, the character design's not terrible but it does have shades of Not-Mephilies to it. At least it's not just a Shadow recolour this time (OK yes second form shut up).

The game itself doesn't look terrible but the plot is being hinted as being awful.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm guessing all these characters outside of Metal Sonic are under some kinda mind control. It'd be the only way it would make sense.

6. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Another thing: If Chaos is out of the Master Emerald, wouldn't that mean Tikal is out too? Is she back?

7. RikohZX

RikohZX

If what little we know of the story so far is anything to go by and accurate? By Sonic not being around in the past to prevent Eggman from initiating his schemes, so Sonic never rose up to stop Chaos, get Shadow on his side, or beat down the Deadly Six.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Okay, real talk. Where does Chaos going back to the Master Emerald come from? There's nothing in the ending of Sonic Adventure that hints that happened.

The only thing I can remember being mentioned in is in the Archie comics (first in the X comic book and later in the main book).

Doesn't that theory fall apart in SA2 when the Master Emerald gets shattered?

9. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

...Well shit, I guess that explains why Chaos was just wandering around in Sonic Battle.

10. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Doesn't Sega consider Battle to be non-canon, together with Chronicles?

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Idk, but if battle isn't canon, then Advance 3 can't be canon.

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

Non-canon or not, it's not like consistency is at all a strong suit despite their attempts at continuity.

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

I'm pretty sure the idea was that Chaos was calmed/purified after the final battle. I'll join the "Sonic disappeared and wasn't around to fix things" boat.

14. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Would be nice to get a full playthrough of Modern Sonic's Park Ave stage without it getting cut off halfway through...

15. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    What SEGA says is canon doesn't really matter because they said "the moon flipped" after SA2, and no one recognized Blaze in Sonic 06 because "everyone had amnesia", y'all actually gonna believe that bullshit?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think that'd be because of what comes at the end:

[​IMG]

Looky looky

17. RikohZX

RikohZX

Initially I thought that Infinite could be maybe like a roboticized Blaze, but the head and ears don't match up.
    Then I looked at the avatar in the promo art and realized their eyes, ears and head shape line up eerily, not to mention the usage of a Wisp power directly; I wouldn't be surprised if Infinite is basically Evil Avatar.

18. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

That would be so fucking dumb.
    I've been pretty positive about this new character so far, but that would be really lame.

19. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Oh wow, I figured Shadow WAS at the end of the stage, didn't think I'd be right about it.

20. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    You're in luck, this GameSpot video is a full playthrough of the level.

Dunno why they cut away in the YouTube Live @ E3 previews, they were literally nearing the end of the zone. Maybe they wanted to keep Shadow as a surprise (for the E3 trailer reveal), but the in-game character dialogue clearly gives him away.