don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Mind-control has been the plot device in two different Sonic games (both *sigh* by Pontac & Graff) in the past 4 years. I can see them doing it AGAIN in Forces. Why be original with you game plot when you can recycle the same crap over and over and over again?!

2. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Okay so now I'm interested in who Infinite is.

Doesn't this look like echidna hair?
    But then the ear things don't make sense.
    Then again, it kinda looks like they're wearing a mask.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Guys it's Enerjak:

[​IMG]

Someone call Penders

4. RikohZX

RikohZX

Well remember, part of the premise was Eggman screwing up the timeline, wasn't it? If Sonic never got in his way, Sonic was never there to force Shadow or Chaos to have heel-face-turns (though they're probably not going to delve into how their respective games happened because then that'd be overdoing it).
    Also Infinite seems to pretty much exist to be Metal Sonic 2.0 with Wisp powers.

5. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Wow, it actually does look like something along those lines.
    Huh.

6. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Not defending them, cause I rather have Ian Flynn handle the game's writing but I'm not gonna assume that's the reason until we get more info or when the game is out.

7. Man, what's with the serious and epic tone of this trailer?... I can't help but laugh when they go from all the epic apocalyptic stuff to close-ups of the cute anthropomorphic animals.

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    That Forces E3 trailer was...something else. And by something else, I mean "what the hell was that?" I guess this really supposed to be some sort of sequel to both Adventure and Generations.

Shadow's now an antagonist again? Chaos is back? Zavok (and the rest of the D6 I guess, though not shown) survived? And with Metal Sonic with them too, I guess it means they're all on Eggman's side?

And there's this another new villain with the name Infinite? I thought this was going to be about taking the world back from Eggman? Unless that's how Eggman took over, and so I guess --as par for the course-- this new villain is going to be the another monster of the week everyone will have to stop?

This is going to be the Batman V Superman of the Sonic series. An oversaturated, incoherent mess.

I've been saying it from the official March reveal.

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

I may find the new baddie a bit ridiculous but that's a bit of an extreme overexaggeration.

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    If I wanted to go for an extreme exaggeration, I would had said this was going to be the Suicide Squad of the Sonic series. :v

I don't think the game is going to be that bad (let alone be outright bad), but I think comparing it to Batman V Superman --in light of the film being criticized for having a convoluted focus and cramming together too many things at once-- is absolutely fair.

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I find it funny that while some fans are working on Sonic Mania, Sonic Team is working on a game with a dark tone, a character customizer, and a Nazo-ish fancharacter-looking edgy antagonist.

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I thought I saw some nifty box art, and now I can't. I haven't seen a cover that menacing since the American Sonic 2 box art!

(It had Eggman at the top and metal Sonic on one Side and Infinite on the other with Sonics sand Crew below)

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It was posted within the last couple pages.

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

So Infinite has "red cube" powers.

Also, eh I was hoping that they'd retcon Sonic Lost World.

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    "Why are Shadow and Chaos evil ?"

Well, isn't this game's story involving Eggman winning because somehow Sonic never fought him ? So he wasn't there to fight against Shadow and Chaos, so they never became "good".

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think the story was Sonic disappeared for a while. We don't know why though. He still existed up until he disappeared I think.

17. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Oh hey. "Fun is infinite with Sega Enterprises." Maybe that's where this thing got its name.

18. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    The new villain legit reminds me of the prototype Blaze artwork from Sonic Adventure 2. Can't find the original image but I know it's in the wiki here somewhere.

19. Linkabel

Linkabel

This gives me Dragon Ball Super vibes, which makes me like it a lot. Sonic has always had bad cheesy plots, from stopping Death Star parodies to fighting genies so this doesn't turn me off at all.

20. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Just noticed the SEGA Megadrive Shoes for the Custom Hero in one of the gameplay videos.

[​IMG]