don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    [​IMG]

Maybe...nah...

2. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    I'm not following this thread at all, but saw the trailer on Twitter.

Is Sonic Team on drugs or something :V

I may still buy this, though, echoing the badass style from Shadow the Hedgehog.

3. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    So this game is taking itself too seriously, rehashed villains, and a villain design that just looks like utter nonsense?

Yeah, this game is getting stupider and more shitty with each new trailer.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    The shot with the villians is a perfect metaphor for this game. Zavok and Chaos just look so out of place, and it just looks like a bunch of random characters thrown into a story.

5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I still think saying "it's taking itself way too seriously" at this point is dumb.

It can take itself as seriously as it wants, as long as it's executed well. We have yet to see if it will be.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Ok, this game is a MESS.

7. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    I don't see how the game "takes itself too seriously" outside of the CG trailers. In game the dialogue is pretty lighthearted so far. I much prefer this to Lost World's tone.

But no matter how stupid this gets - no Sonic game will ever be as entertainingly ridiculous and stupid as Shadow. Especially not with these writers.

8. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Sonic looks a little bit drugged up drunk here (the video paused on me on this exact frame, lol):
    [​IMG]

Seriously now, yet ANOTHER villain Egghead's got up his sleeve?

Interestingly this new guy almost looks like someone from the Custom the Character Creator... You don't think we'll be able to play as him when we've finished the game (like a 'Free Play Mode')?

9. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Sonic Team does not have a good track record with trying to do "serious" plotlines, and I have little reason to think they've learned how to not be shitty writers. Or hire writers that can actually write a decent plot worth a damn, seriously, Pontac and Graff are decent for humor but are terrible character writers (Tails' character in particular has been a trainwreck in Colours and Lost World).

Also, it doesn't help that the villain looks deliberately edgy on top of being visually incomprehensible.

10. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

And I thought I was being pessimistic about this game.

The new villain looks fine, guys. If anything I'm more interested now than I was before because this game is taking itself seriously. If Chaos is out, that means the Emeralds have something to do with this story too. This might be really cool.

11. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Because he's likely the only one of the villains that isn't brainwashed or something like that.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Why is this new villain wearing Guts' Berserker armor?

Huh, guess they called it Sonic Forces for a reason.

Anyway, I already expected this plot to be a load of bullshit, but the fact that they're seemingly making it involved bullshit is surprising and hilarious.

This really does seem like a big "fuck you" to all the people who weren't already along for the ride with Sonic stories being stupid, though.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I need to know more about this game's plot now. Classic is from another dimension, and all these villians and a new big bad are going to make this the most convoluted plot yet. I feel like this will lead up to some kinda Archie Genesis Wave ending where the universe just shatters :specialed:

14. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

After Sonic Heroes, I'd expect that if he wasn't brainwashed like the rest, he'd betray his team at some point.

But then we'd only have the classic universe!

...Actually yeah lets do it.

15. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The new villian's name is Infinite.

I'm just gonna call him Not-Mephiles because Infinite is a stupid name

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Pros: Love the new super villain. Cool, original design and some slick visually stunning powers.

Cons: This does kind of indicate the narrative here is fan-fiction level nonsense that is just not going to make sense.

More thoughts: Mixed feelings on the game so far. Mania looks like a dream game but this just looks like Sonic Team fucking around without a clue to be honest. I was one of the guys that said "Wait until we see more at E3" and now we have seen more, and well yeah? I kind of want the game? I think? Maybe?

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    With that symbol I knew the name was going to be Infinite or Infinity or something close. I really hope they break the fourth wall hard and say that Infinite was created from the fan-base, the dimension is destroyed, and all of a sudden modern Sonic (Adventure and beyond) never happened, and the series picks up after Sonic Mania....and either neglecting that Sonic 4 never happened, was Little Planet's dream, or some other explanation that makes the story irrelevant.

We still need to figure out the Mania timeline though.

I just feel like this is the Sonic game to end all games. At least 2006 had the decency to be a closed story.

18. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Villains team-up all the time in other media and franchises, this honestly doesn't bother me but I do hope they write a reasonable reason as to WHY they're teaming up.

19. Felik

Felik

I dunno guys. The game looks edgy, but not like overly edgy?
    It feels like the game takes itself too seriously, but paradoxically that's the perfect amount of "too seriously" for a Sonic game.

I'm more excited now.

20. I guess I'll play this